A consulting position as an I.S. Specialist involving the development and implementation of strategies to assure effective client operations.
An accomplished I.S. Executive with a broad range of experience that includes IBM and H.P. computer equipment. Adept at implementing and managing systems hardware and software, data networks at all levels. In a consulting role, successfully formulates business decisions with the selection and integration of technology - based solutions. An effective team builder sharing with other staff by communicating across all company levels, building upon and utilizing staff strengths.
Computer Hardware: IBM and HP Mainframes and Unix/AIX systems, PC’s
Application and Software: Office 2000, Business Basic, Thoroughbred Basic, COBOL, CICS, DL/1, MS Access 2003/2007/2010 , VB, ACCUCOBOL, CIMPRO, Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP/7
CAREER HISTORY:Project Manager
Confidential, Morton Grove, IL
- Managed new development in MS Access 2010.
- Created numerous databases to handle production and shipments.
- Inventory Control and product traceability using Lot codes.
- Many reports ranging from Freezer capacity available, Physical Inventory to product tracking.
- Handling all database and software errors and resolving all issues to the satisfaction of end user and technical staff
- Training of staff and system documentation along with program documentation.
Confidential, Portland, MEProject Manager
- Managed upgrades to software and hardware
- Handled all hardware upgrades and problems.
- Handle all Database and software errors, resolving all issues.
- Created and maintained MS Access Databases since 2003. Versions 2003/2007/2010 /2013.
- Converted 2003 to 2007 to 2010 to 2013.
- Extensive VBA code to handle all situations within all written applications.
- Data Sets include: Customer, Inventory/Product, Master Invoices, Orders, PO, etc
- Datasets were either defined in Access as .accdb or MS SQL and linked to Access with ODBC.
- Text files from legacy system were also linked in and imported into Access Database
- Many complex queries with multiple joins and keys used in generating Forms and Reports.
- All queries were written using Access Query tool to generate SQL statements.
- Created and maintained imports from various data systems.
- Created and maintained various exports into Excel
- Validation procedures for all data.
- SDLC/Project Manager on all Computer software updates
Environment: Thoroughbred Basic (Business Basic), Access 2003/2007/2010 , VBA
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Automotive Parts Distributor
- Maintain current legacy systems
- Freight Check In, Invoicing, Accounts, Receivables/Payables, etc.
- UBL (Universal Business Language).
- Data conversion/QA II to the new TAMSII system.
Environment: Sun UNIX, Windows 98/ NT/ XP
Confidential, Eustis, FL
- Added case Labeling.
- Added Shipping Reporting System.
- Added pallet labeling.
- Added MS Access data sets to handle shipments and GL reporting.
- Project Manager of conversion to new Mapics system.
- Handled all hardware problems and upgrades.
Environment: AIX, Windows 98/ NT/ XP Access, VBA
Confidential, Bluffton, INProject Manager
- Private labeled and co-packed for major pretzel companies.
- Worked with all Management and production people, from CEO to production worker
- Project Manager of the installation and customization software package CIMPRO.™
- Added R.F. bar coding
- Added case labeling
- Added pallet labeling
- Added automated production reporting.
- Started project for automated product sorting and palletizing
- Automated equipment
- Enhancements to Physical Inventory and Inventory Control.
- Insured all hardware problems were handled in a timely fasion
Environment: AIX, Thoroughbred Basic (Business Basic), Windows 95/98