An accomplished professional with broad experience in leading operations of accounts payable, procurement and disbursement services. Exceled in driving global Procure-to-Pay performance of procurement, accounts payable, general management of operations, financial management and controllership of processes ensuring SOX compliance, vendor relations, and staff development. Excellent leadership skills, skilled at generating productive business partnerships and gaining team support for key projects. Strategic and critical thinker
- Procurement Manager
- Accounts Payable
- Vendor Relations
- Offshore Operations
- Accrual Systems
- Cost Control
- Team Leadership
- Training and Development
- Supplier Diversity
- MS Access, Excel, Project
- People Soft
Confidential, July, 2011- Feb, 2012
Global Procure To Pay Manager
Responsible for the day- to- day management of the Global Procure to pay staff in the United States, London and Mumbai, India. Developed and drove new processes to streamline existing workflow and exceeded current service level agreements. Managed the implementation of the I-Procurement application that allowed requesters to independently order items from catalogs completing the procure-to pay business flow.Developed and enhanced the core transaction data destined for a spend analysis application- BIQ. Worked with procurement and/or accounting data files to make the information meaningful and actionable for customers. Performed strong business and database skills as well as excellent communication skills in order to work with clients in resolving data integrity issues
Confidential, 2002-July, 2011
Global Procurement Manager –Vice President
- Managed the daily operations, managed the resolution of escalations and provided change management focus. Directed the procure-to-pay outsourced team, customer service; reporting and monitoring and auditing of major contracts. Lead outsourced vendor in continuous improvement initiatives, including customer service, service performance, turnaround times, and technical processes in Procure-to-Pay (p2p) process. Conducted and delivered ongoing training to business lines and offshore team.
- Vendor Manager for Confidential contracted owned vendors, included Desktop & accessories with an annual budget of $17 million; office supplies with $7.5 million budget; promotional items with $8 million budget; business cards and stationary with $2.5 million budget; and print with $15.5 million budget. Researched, sourced, and identified sourcing opportunities and spot buy projects; maintained active communications with business lines. Tracked maverick spend for Confidential owned vendors and engaged with business lines to drive compliance.
- Drove 80% of staff reduction by managing outsourcing of procure to pay operation staff to offshore facility. Trained, managed, and developed offshore processing and customer service team in Bangalore; established policies and procedures.
- Managed the negotiation and selection of new vendors. Reduced the vendor base by consolidating commodity spend to increase savings by leveraging spend.
- Developed, established, implemented, and enforced supplier guidelines, and service level agreements
- Aligned accounts payable and procurement operations in US to maximize workflow efficiencies; improved efficiency in tracking from procurement to payment stage, drove compliance for no po no pay.
- Analyzed trends and market conditions for present and future pricing, negotiated pricing, terms and conditions of sale, and warranties with key service providers and vendors.
- Performed analysis on key performance metrics, developed high level management reports as well as granular level reporting on financial numbers. Conducted trend analysis and route cause analysis on major contracts to resolve vendor performance issues.
- Created central location for invoices, managed payment terms more efficiently, improved visibility of liability, and improved efficiency of accrual system by initiating and managing implementation of 3-way match purchasing environment.
Confidential , 1981-2002
Confidential Operations Manager, Confidential, 2000-2002
Led, hired, developed, and reviewed staff of 15 direct reports in customer service, day-to-day purchasing, operations, invoice processing, and monitoring and tracking applications. Ensured the Procure to pay process was handled in a timely and accurate manner.
- Identified $80 million in discrepancies by developing and introducing phase 1 Monitoring and tracking process; captured prompt payment discounts valued at $75 million plus by ensuring prompt and efficient processing of invoices; improved invoice processing through consolidated summary billings and electronic processing.
Senior HR Financial Analyst, Confidential, 2000
Reconciled insurance monthly statements and prepared accounting entries for earned interest. Prepared and monitored annual budgets for HR benefits group. Performed budgeting, forecasting, variance analysis and reporting.
Accounts Payable Manager, Confidential, 1997 -2000
Managed and developed staff of 55 in timely and accurate processing of invoices, purchase orders, expense reports, credit memos, and payment transactions. Maintained adherence to Corporate accounting and GAAP standards. Resolved escalated accounts payable issues.
- Increased departmental efficiency and improved vendor relations by reducing invoice processing cycle, reducing errors, and increasing quality of customer service.
- Served as Project Team Lead on procure to pay project to consolidate Confidential Operation and Accounts Payable departments and provide business lines with 1 process for procurement through payment.
- Partnered with Purchasing, ensured contract pricing was consistent including researching paid history to recover lost monies where new pricing wasn’t reflected on existing purchase orders as well as taking advantage of cash discounts wherever possible.
- Managed monthly accruals, intercompany processes and reconciliations.
- Managed the W9 and 1099 process.
- Highly involved with vendor relationships and took part in daily communications with departments to further streamline the two-way and three-way purchase order match process.
- Managed departmental budget and maintained accuracy against annual spending limits.
Financial Analyst, Confidential, Confidential, 1996-1997
- Identified commodity savings and ensured integration of savings into budget process; monitored and tracked commodity spending. Completed adjusting entries for monthly variances. Identified nature of spending lapses and proposed modifications to spending approval process to resolve lapses. Partnered with department heads to compile annual budgets; prepared monthly budget forecast reports for senior management. Monitored, researched, and resolved monthly variances and prepared monthly reports detailing variances exceeding benchmark goals. Served as member of transition team to facilitate seamless merger of Confidential with NationsBank.
Career Note: Additional professional background includes Full Charge Bookkeeper, Reconcilement Clerk, Inventory Control Analyst and Head Teller.
Education and Training
Accounting, Business Math, Economics