Resourceful Sr. Project Manager skilled in building relationships and maintaining schedules to ensure successful project outcomes and customer satisfaction. Expertise in leading cross functional teams to clearly define, implement and deliver successful projects.
Resource planning and Risk Management
Scheduling and Vendor Management
Jira / Jira Administration
Experienced with a variety of technologies including C#, Perl, Java, Unix/Linix, Windows server, Networking
Budgeting and forecasting
Backlog management and planning
Experience managing Projects >
- Lead multiple concurrent Agile projects for cloud based applications
- Partner with product management to identify and evaluate features to be contained in the next release based on resource availability and budget.
- Work within the team and with the business to manage risk and resolve dependencies
- Maintain project documents for ISO. Track and report on project status
- Present new projects to business leadership
Confidential, Raleigh, NC
Freelance IT Program/Project Management Consultant
- Manage application development (web/cloud) projects for medical billing/patient management applications, HRMS and CRM implementations and integrations.
- Responsibilities included requirements development and analysis, budgeting, staffing, development management, code reviews, test management/QA, implementation, and end user .
- Utilized both onshore and offshore development teams.
- Managed application integration and Data Warehouse projects in Oracle environments.
- Focus was primarily on retail and manufacturing operations.
- Managed projects from requirements gathering and analysis through implementation.
- Responsibilities also included, resource planning and staffing, procurement, reporting, budgeting, and vendor management.
Confidential, Cary, NC
Sr. Project Manager
- Lead global product implementation and custom development projects for a suite of Cloud based HR applications (Applicant Tracking, LMS, HRMS/HRIS)
- Partner with internal resources in the estimation, scoping and building of the project SOW and related project documents.
- Revamped the customer implementation and migration processes to cut implementation times by 1/3
- Managed the Agile process, lead daily project team standups, project review meetings and managed the backlog
- Partnered with customers to better understand their business and position Confidential products and services as potential solutions.
- Managed support desk resources based in the US.
Confidential, Hillsborough, NC
- Responsible for leading the application development and IT infrastructure teams for a large multi - channel retailer with revenues in excess of $100 million.
- Managed a group consisting of software developers, systems engineers, and support desk personnel. Also managed outsourced resources as business needs required.
- Implemented Amazon AWS to initially support testing and QA functions and eventually for use with production business application.
- Implemented a help desk solution that resulted in the restructuring of the MIS dept to better serve our internal customers. Restructured the group to assign specific areas of responsibility to individuals, which resulted in 67% higher customer satisfaction and increased productivity within the team.
- Lead the PCI Compliance initiative for the organization.
- This included restructuring internal controls, business processes and workflows, new IT infrastructure, updated software development processes along with extensive internal and awareness campaigns.
- Implemented a structured development environment that utilizes characteristics of both iterative development (agile/scrum) approaches and test driven development
- Partnered with Senior Management to define, budget and prioritize projects across the organization.
- Initiated and led an effort to standardize the desktop environment that resulted in a 37% reduction in support tickets and decreased new deployment time by half.
Confidential, Chapel Hill, NC
Sr. Project Manager
- Partnered with sales management to design and implement sales processes and sales across all sales channels.
- Lead the project to define business and technical requirements for a new enterprise CRM system.
- Developed RFP and evaluated vendor product offerings.
- Developed requirements, business and technical, for integrating operations and financial applications with the selected CRM system.
- Lead the project to implement Sugar CRM
- Lead the effort to develop the Accounts Receivable interfaces from core business systems into Lawson.
- Lead multiple concurrent application development projects.