Seeking manager/leadership position in project controls, cost control, project accounting, budgets, and cost accounting.
- Streamline the billing process effecting a current status and creating a cash collection of past due billing of over $200,000.
- Restructure and manage up to $500,000,000 budget and forecast.
- Coordinate and establish work processes with domestic and international affiliates reducing the timely submission of monthly Financial Statements.
- Establish an accounting regional office and reduce the expense report reimbursement processing from 2 months to two weeks.
- 15+ years of extensive experience performing and supervising day to day project controls functions such as cost control, rolling forecast, developing and maintaining monthly/weekly project reports and tracking trends, preparation & coordination of budgets, variance analysis, cost analysis, and cash flow, with deep understanding of Financial Accounting, and Accounting Management.
- Serve as liaison among corporate offices, projects, and departments including Accounting & Finance.
- Effective leadership qualities with the aptitude to build working relationships at all levels of discipline.
- Efficient organizational and time management skills, problem solving, research and analysis.
OTHER AREAS OF EXPERTISE:Project Management Financial Management/Reporting Cost Reduction Analysis Budgeting & Forecasting Financial Analysis Policies & Procedures Vendor/Client Negotiation Customer Service/ Complaint Resolution Enterprise Systems International Activities Global Affiliates Training/Presentations
Software applications: Microsoft Office, Outlook, Oracle Financials A/P, A/R, G/L & Oracle Enterprise Planning and Budgeting module, Hyperion, Discoverer, QuickBooks, PeopleSoft, AS400, SAP, Navision, Tax ProSeries, Visio, and knowledge of Primavera P6.
Languages: Spanish 100%, English 100% & French 65%.
Project Controls Manager
- Manage and supervise the functions of the Projects Coordinator and the Cost Analyst.
- Work closely with Project Management and the Finance Department in coordinating and supporting all related activities of the Project Management Office.
- Participate in management committees with a goal toward process improvement and company alignment.
- Create templates thru process analysis and streamline procedures to be effective and efficient.
- Provide Upper Management with internal monthly project reporting, summarize project advancements & expenditures, analysis, and PowerPoint presentations for management decision making.
- Participate in financial and business project reviews, ensuring information used to develop plans for resolving process issues or escalating project needs are reported to the VP.
- Work with the program managers/project managers on project reporting regarding the analysis of budget versus actuals and forecast to ensure accurate project status reporting to Finance.
- Prepare, review, and perform validity/accuracy checks on project cost control monitoring on actuals and forecast.
- Support the project budget preparation, track project budgets/actuals/forecast, prepare and maintain Financial spreadsheets, submit/track monthly billing to the finance department, support year end accruals, reconcile project cost and recommend solutions for any discrepancies.
- Review, approve, monitor, and authorize Purchase Request to ensure alignment with budgets and contracts.
- Continuous improvement of the project controls tools and systems based on the Kaizen model.
Cost Control Analyst
- Supervise and coordinate activities of three Operation Cost Control employees for the validity of all Production’s expenditures and the accuracy of cost coding.
- Accountable for the accuracy, preparation, and coordination of the budget by interfacing with managers from multiple areas within the Operations and Finance departments including external Suppliers/Contractors.
- Provide the latest estimate figures to Corporate for internal budget planning and partners update.
- Responsible for cost control analysis, planning, and rolling forecast of Lease Operating Expenses.
- Analyze cost information and present Confidential & monthly Budget vs. Actual variances.
- Prepare monthly cash call reports and monthly accruals related to Lease Operating Expenses for month end closing.
- Identify situations which could lead to cost escalation or cost savings.
- Responsible for the primary interface with major vendors invoice review and the resolution of invoice issues.
- Extract, organize, analyze, and provide ad - hoc reporting useful and relevant for management’s cost decision making.
- Develop, enhance, and implement standard reports and templates to promote effective project cost control.
- Serve as a liaison with Finance, Production, and Contracts departments.
- Assist in Project Operations Readiness with cost control activities and forecast project completion cost.
Senior Project Cost Control & Logistics Analyst
- Supervised staff to ensure timely completion of assigned tasks.
- Manage project budgets including forecasting.
- Provide variance analyses by monitoring and reporting actual performance against budget to ensure that contractual, cost, and schedule objectives are met.
- Interface with project managers, technical and finance personnel, contractors, subcontractors, and customers.
- Develop and maintain monthly/weekly project reports, tracking, and expense accounts.
- Supervise purchasing process: supplier selection, proposal analysis, quotes, and purchase orders approvals.
- Coordinate the scheduling and delivery of products, supplies, and equipment to designated project sites.
- Ensured client billing invoice and payment of subcontractors are in accordance with contract terms.
- Verify all purchases are made within budget and in compliance with product requirements and best practices.
Senior Budgeting & Planning Analyst
Confidential, Houston, Texas
- Establish a budget and planning procedure to ensure accurate budget and planning reporting.
- Analyze the company’s financial statements for cost reduction, profit/loss, and budget vs. actual analyses.
- Facilitate budget coordination within the North and Latin American divisions by hosting teleconferences.
- Lead the implementation of the Oracle Enterprise Planning and Budgeting module to be used by all offices.
- Resolve issues related to balance sheet accounts, bank reconciliations, and accounts payables/receivables.
- Consolidate 40 inter-company subsidiary accounts semi-annually and at year end.
Senior Financial Accountant
Confidential, Houston, Texas
- Prepare financial statements and budgets of foreign subsidiaries and discuss variances for management reporting.
- Review cost accounting entries to accurately reflect the financial performance of branches, departments, and projects.
- Coordinate with 21 subsidiaries to ensure all intercompany entries are made before month end closing.
- Interact with internal clients such as controllers and project managers to provide reliable info for decision making.
- Organize advances to affiliates, prepaid/accrued expenses, depreciation schedules, and inventory records.
- Reconcile A/P and A/R General Ledger balance to the subsidiary ledger.
Regional Project Accountant
- Manage regional accounting operations, review invoices and expense reports, report results
- Train employees on expense reports and timesheets, travel to offices to train workforce on policy procedures.
- Supervise employee receivables reconciliation, account analysis, and vendor customer service.
- Support the Human Resources manager in the interpretation of the employees’ leasing agreements.