- Expertise in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology like Waterfall, that includes requirements gathering, system design and testing. Knowledge of Agile methodology.
- Experience in writing Business Requirements Document (BRD), Functional Specification, Use Cases, process flow and user manuals.
- Experience reviewing and writing UAT test cases, analyzing defects, interacting with QA and development team for fixing issues/bugs, coordinating user acceptance testing, rollout and end user training.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving and project management skills.
- Organized and disciplined team player, can excel independent positions requiring minimal supervision and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Able to set priorities for productivity and possesses time management skills.
- Led and conducted Joint Application Development (JAD) session with Subject Matter Experts(SME) to extract and understand business objectives.
- Good oral and written communication skills which helps in providing solutions and support to end user.
- Fast Learner, adapt and grasp things easily and able to adjust in different environment
Software Engineering: Object Oriented Analysis/Design, Rational Rose, Microsoft Visio, MS Project, MS Office, Adobe Photoshop, SharePoint, SPSS and Macromedia Freehand
Relational Databases: Oracle 8i, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Access & internet.
Business Analyst skills: Worked as coordinator for all the projects listed. Involved in all the stages of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including Database Design (DB), Object Oriented Design Patterns (ERD), Object Oriented Analysis and Design (UML), business analysis, requirements gathering, testing, application integration and Implementation of the Software Application. Also provided training and support to the stakeholder and end user of the respective project after it has been implemented and rolled out successfully.
Owner and Project Manager / Business Analyst
- Market cricket sport goods and is responsible for maintaining customer service, operational standards, sales, budgeting and inventory control. Analyze sales and merchandise flow report.
- Execute the merchandising direction of store while developing market trends to maximize sales.
- Manage vendors, distributers and sales staff.
- Provide description and images of each item. Respond to customer inquiries via emails and phone calls.
- Ship customer’s order promptly to ensure on time delivery and gather customers’ feedback to maintain customers’ satisfaction.
- Responsible for analyzing and documenting requirements for website development. Working on Visio for process flows. Provide project leadership for website production including budget control, status reporting, client requirements and quality assurance.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Working with business partners within one business function to align technology solutions with business strategies; eliciting, documenting and refining business requirements for SSD Tech; serving as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs.
- Involvement in full software development lifecycle for projects for managing it and understanding how tasks are integrated to produce final deliverables. Gather, analyze, and validate requirements thoroughly with clients and stakeholders.
- Manage changes and conflict of ideas effectively, gain in depth knowledge during specifications gathering process.
- Experienced in using business modeling tools (Visio & Project) and end to end BlueChip Claims processing system also understanding the requirements and documenting it by using requirements tool i.e. Quality Center.
- Conducted review sessions on a regular basis with QA.
Confidential, Aurora, IL
Business System Analyst / Project Manager
- Working with the business to identify opportunities for improvement in business operations and processes. Performing various analytical functions, including analyzing proposed introduction of new programs and processes and provide actionable insights
- Interacting with the business stakeholders and subject matter experts in order to understand their problems and needs.
- Extensive Interaction with business users from different level of staff and management for gathering requirements, creating functional specifications, developing templates, designing various supporting diagrams, creating case specification, and documenting end users notes and production support maintenance.
- Function as a liaison between the development teams and the business for implementation of technical solutions.
- Documenting the functional and technical design of the system and prepare technical reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends. Excellent communication skills and ability to work independently and be highly motivated.
- Interacting with system architects and developers to ensure the system is properly implemented.
- Excellent analytical skills, problem solving, ability to understand technical and non - technical problems and translate those into solutions that are aligned with the business needs. Helping in testing the system and creating system documentation and user manuals.
Bookkeeping / Accounting Assistant
- Managed diverse projects and portfolios and worked as a Product Manager by coordinating between the software development team and business (other department for which the software was developed). Gathering, analyzing, designing and documenting of IT specifications.
- Analyzed the requirements of the business by reviewing current work flow, operating manuals and business guide and communicating those requirements to the Software Developer by providing them proper and required documentation (BRD-Business Requirement Document Specification) and create report functional specification document. Designed interfaces/screens and process flow of the projects using Visio. Created and maintained project schedule and was involved in Project Planning.
- Prepare and update Conceptual Design Documents, meant to provide a road map for the ultimate objective of the Project.
- The Projects were developed on Ultimus a web based application system. The portfolio included: Branch Transformation System which incorporated start of day (SOD) end of day (EOD) activity, compliance central repository system, centralized auto repossession tracker system, consumer loan application processing system, account opening form tracking system and trade tracking system, Procurement system which includes requisition and procurement system, E-commerce: sales management workflow.
- Work with business user to gain system requirements Involvement with software development team.
- Conducted training and support for the software to the end user and provided software access to the end users based on their role.
- Performed user application testing (UAT) for the banking products along with the end users and also fulfilled the reporting needs of business users. Create UAT tracking sheet that is used to monitor the progress and a snapshot of UAT percentage completion
- Took an active part in data m deling and business modeling, gathering business requirements, putting project plan, validation and user testing, Assisted Project manager in various projects and act as a liaison between IT and business users
Business System Analyst
- Worked on HR Module, Payroll Module and ADC (Alternate Delivery Channel) Module / VISA Debit CARD module on In-House developed software. Managed and worked on different modules of banking software to be implemented in the bank. Provided support to all the online branches regarding queries and issues in all these products.
- Assisted with the implementation, development and enhancement of human resource management systems with its various analytical reports . Conduct training for new staff in operational, procedural and system functions .
- Supported team members in the provision of HR services procedural matters and have a basic knowledge of Treasury.
- Prepared relevant documentation and correspondence relating to personnel and payroll service
- Responsible for updating HR Systems ensuring records are up to date. Managed the HR Module and assisted in day to day recruitment activities.
- Responsible for operating ADC module in following areas: card production, creating cards requests, resolving problems, testing different scenarios to check card functionality, ATM balancing, cards backend reconciliation and coordination with branches on day to day issues.