- He is a Senior Business Intelligence consultant with a forte in Business Transformation Solutions.
- He is an expert in providing strategic and technical leadership to C level executives in transforming business requirements into Business Intelligence initiatives.
- This experience includes driving enterprise architecture development for large enterprise clients in EPM (Consolidations, Planning / Budget, KPIs) & Data Governance.
Platforms / OS: Solaris, HP - UX, AIX, Linux, Windows.
Software Applications: J2EE (Weblogic, JES, Apache Tomcat), MS Office Project, Microsoft Analysis Services, FDM, Hyperion Planning, HFM, Hyperion Reports, Hyperion Web Analysis, Oracle Essbase 11.2.1, Hyperion DRM, Hyperion Enterprise 6.4.1, OBIEE, PBCS, Showcase Strategy, Cognos 7.3, MS SQL Server, MySQL, Vertica 6.1.1, Informatica, Toad, Oracle R12 E-Business Suite, Perforce, Workday, Centerstone, Apache Hadoop. OLAP, ROLAP, MOLAP, JIRA, Confluence.
Programming Languages: C, Pascal, Perl, PL / SQL, MDX, Python 2.6
Accounting / Compliance / Processes: GAAP, Basel II, SOX, Catalyst Methodology, Agile, Scrum.
- In this Senior PBCS / Hyperion Architect role, I was able to make some valuable recommendations to change the Reporting BSO design to an ASO and BSO design in PBCS. The reason because the implementation partner that initially did the design had a BSO database. This was not conducive to a system that had grown to a large dataset with slow performance.
- Created a series of scripts for Administration purposes. Developed scripts to sync between Production and Test platforms and also to archive the application / databases and created a series of automations to manage the PBCS Oracle system.
- Provided recommendations in improving business rules / calc scripts that were generating excess disk space with empty blocks.
Confidential, Falls Church, VA
Principal Leader / Practice Manager
- Established a web portal for Business Intelligence, within the Competency Center at Confidential to create easily deployable methodology and assets for best practice implementations.
- Qualified new business opportunities within existing accounts in excess of $3 million dollars.
- Performed technology assessments and Confidential analysis in order to sell mission critical IT implementations for ERP. Developed strategies for RFP response for EPM solutions and consultative solutions selling and delivered statements of work and service level agreements.
- Managed the technical architecture direction, coordinate technical proof of concept analyses and provided leadership for an RFI for an OBIEE implementation.
- Led a business requirements effort to define solutions for an allocation model. The allocation model allocates cost, based on manufacturing stages and by Cost Centers. Recommended Oracle Hyperion Profitability and Cost Management Application as the solution.
- Provided guidance in Business Intelligence Hyperion System 9.31 implementation proposals from a technical perspective, highlighting current state, future state, client needs and best practices.
- Took over as a Project Manager / Engagement Manager and saved a BI Project that was at risk by recreating the strategy for delivery and rewriting the Project Plan for Essbase Migration.
Confidential, Dublin, CA
- Provided operational excellence for improvements business processes in month end financial close.
- Utilized Hyperion - FDM as the mechanism to capture data from 70 disparate entities worldwide. Due to a merger, the data was needed to be obtained from disparate sources, which included legacy systems that were incompatible with US based systems. FDM was the application that was applied to load from disparate sources into Hyperion Enterprise. In addition, improved month end corporate financial close by almost 50%.
- Provided guidance in the migration of Oracle 11i as it relates to Hyperion Enterprise.
- Architected a data governance model to ensure optimized processes for one version of meta-data.
Business Applications Manager
- Led a global implementation and migration of Oracle 11i project by leading the Oracle-Hyperion development team to assure that the meta data and SQL coding was developed and compatible with the Oracle 11i initiative.
- Supervised a geographically-dispersed engineering team in application development, testing, user acceptance, implementation and support.
- Partnered with Business Units to drive Business Intelligence adaptation.
- Set up and delivered daily shipments reports to CFO via weekly, monthly and quarterly reports using Hyperion.