- Project Manager for Tivoli Implementations and Upgrades
- TWS Specialist with experience migrating from TWS 8.5 environment to a IWS 9.3 FP2 environment.
- Operations Consultant - Data Center Training and Improvements
- Experience with Dynamic Workload Console (TDWC).
- Extensive experience in AIX 5.2/6.0, Red Hat Linux 5/6.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- System Management Tools: Confidential Tivoli Enterprise Console 3.9, Nagios Core/plugins, HP Sitescope, Confidential Tivoli Framework 4.1.1, Confidential Tivoli Monitoring 6.3, Confidential Tivoli Workload Scheduler 8.x-9.x, Confidential Netcool/OmniBus/Impact 7.3.1.
- System Administration: KSH/Bourne Shell/PERL Scripting, Logical Volume Management, LPAR Configuration, User Account Creation, OS installation NIM, Jumpstart, Server Configuration, Software Installation, Server Backup/Restore, Server Security (UNIX).
- SQL Data Gathering - DB2/MySQL/Oracle using Toad
- OOP ( C++,C#)
- Responsible for TWS installation and Intergration with Datastage/Pentaho ETL application from Conception to Implementation.
- Organize Bi-weekly status meetings to ensure project was on track
- Train Operations Team/Data Center staff in procedures for monitoring/alerting and triage actions
- Adhere to all Change Management procedures and phases of implementation ( TEST/DEV/QA/PROD)
- Ensure that Zenoss alerting and monitoring was configured for TWS batch schedule.
Confidential Workload Scheduler Consultant
- Project work consists of Migrating from TWS 8.5 environment to a IWS 9.3 FP2 environment on new AIX hardware.
- Train Staff on the use of the Dynamic Workload Console (TDWC) as a replacement for the JSC.
- Implement Monitoring and Alerting standards for Critical IWS processes and Business Critical Jobs/Job Streams.
- Implement Monitoring and Alerting for IWS processes and Job Status via Tivoli monitoring and Service Now integration.
Tivoli Monitoring Contractor
- Provided support for Tivoli Monitoring and Alerting for various client accounts.i
- Utilized Netcool/Omnibus and ITM 6.3 to provide alerting and monitoring.
- Installation and Configuration of Omnibus probes and probe rules
- Performed maintenance tasks for Netcool/Omnibus environment and ITM 6.3 environment
- Developed shell scripts and batch files to automate system recover for applications and services.
- Conversion of TEC 3.9 on AIX to Netcool/Omnibus on RHEL 6 platform.
- Creation and administration of Batch schedule for SAP jobs in TWS 8.6 in accordance to specifications provided by SAP group.
- Created custom plans for Holidays and end quarter processing for Global Production Planning Group in accordance to requirements gathered during group planning sessions.
- Provided after hours support for Tivoli Monitoring and TWS in accordance to SLA.
- Applied patches and upgrades to TWS/ITM following strict change management procedures.
- Installed TDWC in order to remove JSC from the user environment due to java compatibility issues and JSC EOL schedule.
- Trained Operations staff in the use of the TDWC and provided documentation to reference.
- Installation and configuration of Tivoli Impact to provide logic for alerts and integration with Ticketing solution (Service Now).
- Implementation of auto ticketing for Netcool events to Service Now.
- Converted Nagios Plugins to Confidential ITM Situations and Omnibus Probe rules.
- Provided custom creations of ITM 6.3.1 situations for events based on customers’ needs.
- Provided technical support and administration for the Monitoring environment in regards to Tivoli Monitoring and Tivoli Workload Scheduling.
- Participated in Planning for growth and tools evaluations.
- Provided Technical support/coverage during maintenance weekends and after hours issues.
- Provided an interface for clients to access the Tivoli Portal in order to view their specific hardware/application in near real time.
- Creation of ITM 6.3 actions in response to alerts in the PRD environment.
- Installed ITM 6.1 agents for servers and applications.
- Used itmcmd and tacmd commands to deploy agents to UNIX/Linux/Windows servers.
- Assisted users in troubleshooting hardware and software errors.
- Reviewed system log files in ITM 6.1 for errors.
- Used TMF 4.1 commands and ITM 6.1 commands to diagnose performance issues.
- Used in house product HUBEQ to assist customers with agent deployments and troubleshooting.
- Resolved problem tickets using Peregrine Service Center.
- Followed Change Management Rules to implement Production Changes.
- Administrate Control -M and AutoSys Batch tools.
- Scheduled/executed Batch jobs for groups within JPMC.
- Followed control procedures to insure batch flow is not interrupted.
- Performed upgrade of Tivoli Workload Scheduler from 8.3 to 8.5.
- Used composer and conman commands to copy calendar/jobs/streams, and bring the environment up in a staggered stage with the limits set to 0.
- Installed TWS 8.5 onto RHEL 5.0 platform for PRD/QA/TEST.
- Installed/upgraded MDM/FTA and xagents.
- Configured Tivoli Workload Scheduler for Disaster Recovery failover.
- Created custom shell script to use switchmgr, conman, and composer commands to perform failover to backup Master Domain Manager and move the FTAs in HADR DB2 environment.
- Installed and Configured Tivoli Workload Scheduler for Applications to execute PeopleSoft jobs on a scheduled basis.
- Installed PeopleTools and configured agent to communicate with Application Server.
- Documented and trained staff on the use of the TWS user interface (Job Scheduling Console) in order to perform maintenance and administrative functions.
UNIX Systems Administrator
- Planned and performed installation of ITM 6.2 on AIX LPAR.
- Installed and configured a complete ITM environment (TEMS, TEPS).
- Configured and deployed TEMAs to over 150 servers for OS and app management.
- Integrated ITM to send event information to TEC for correlation and processing.
- Transferred TEMS/HUB/Portal to RHEL 5 from AIX 6.
- Configured and managed TEC environment for event management and alerting.
- Managed HP Sitescope and BAC environments to monitor Hardware and software environments.
- Reduced event notification by using Automated System Recovery procedures.
- Used built in features of ITM and TEC to execute Remediation scripts to resolve reoccurring issues or to check conditions to reduce the number of page-outs to support teams.
- Installed and managed Tivoli Workload Scheduler 8.1 to manage batch scheduling for PeopleSoft, Informatica, as400, Veritas backups, and various UNIX and windows scripts.
- Installed and upgraded TWS 8.X from TWS 7.x.
- Installed and managed PeopleSoft and SAP Fault Tolerant Agents.
- Assisted Groups with creating Jobs and Job streams using the JSC and TWS GUI for PeopleSoft jobs, Oracle RMAN bkups, SAP transactions, and FTP/UNIX scripts.
- Transferred Master Domain Manager to RHEL VM from AIX server.
- Performed upgrades and patch installations for multiple UNIX servers during Maintenance Windows.
- Worked with Various teams to configure UNIX/Linux servers and assist in Application installation and initial Setup.