- Over 25 years of experience developing and restructuring programs targeted towards strengthening youth and families.
- Develop program models to increase civic and political awareness/involvement in diverse urban communities.
- Successful in increasing the academic performance and leadership potential of at - risk youth - through mentoring and workshops.
- Superior group facilitation and mediation skills resulting in co-active communication and enhanced long-term performance.
- Active involvement in programs using the arts to foster creative expression and confidence in youth and young adults.
- Deeply committed to expanding resources and creating opportunities for success and development in underserved communities.
- Extensive editing and copywriting experience for electronic and print media. Also, skilled in media selection and placement, as well as production of radio, television and print commercials.
- Program Development
- Mentoring Fathers
- Political and Civic Awareness
- Workshop Development
- Program Restructuring
- Creative Problem Solving
- Poetry and Short Stories
- Public Speaking
- Group Mediation
- Community Outreach
- Youth Mentoring
- Group Facilitation
- Technical Writing & Editing
- Monitored, evaluated, and improved the quality and efficiency of operations and policies established by community-based Collaboratives geared towards strengthening families in the District of Columbia.
- Provided quality assurance and performance guidance as part of a planning team that recommended program improvements, while also collaborating with the Federal government regarding internal reviews of CFSA programs and policies.
- Enhanced resources and business development efforts by writing and tracking the lifecycle of contract statements of work, reviewing contract proposals, and analyzing performance data from each Collaborative.
- Developed models to train agency workers regarding the purpose, programs, and activities of each Collaborative.
- Managed mentor program for a partnership between the Confidential Foundation and H.D. Woodson Senior High School.
- Improved program impact and reach by recruiting, interviewing, and matching students with the appropriate mentors.
- Developed a comprehensive training program and monitoring/efficiency system to ensure optimal performance of mentors.
- Increased the mentor pool of Confidential and Confidential Foundation employees from 28 to 148 over a 5-year period.
Program Development/Education Consultant
- Built active relationships and partnerships to enhance and support Confidential efforts to initiate and develop programs to educate parents to help their children achieve academic excellence and personal growth.
- Coordinated and improved models of enrichment programs in 3 parent centers based in DC Public Schools.
- Increased program awareness and funding by leading center focus groups and publishing an edition of the Confidential newsletter.
- Created and provided oversight for the Confidential, a community-based organization that established Homework Centers in District of Columbia public and privately owned low-income housing to help students with their homework and academic needs. Also provided job-readiness assistance to parents and housing residents.
- Managed 43 employees in 19 locations, monitoring overall performance and program operations.
- Administered a budget of $600,000 per year, provided by the DC Public School System.
- Raised additional funding and procured services from private sector sources including banks and private developers.
Executive Vice President
- Executive Vice President for the Confidential .
- Designed advertising and public relations campaigns for public and private sector clients. Also wrote copy for electronic and print media, account management, media selection and placement, and production of radio, television and print commercials.
Library Technician/Clearinghouse Manager
- As Library Technician, provided library services via Bookmobile to Lorton Reformatory
- As Clearinghouse Manager for the Community Information Service maintained quality control of a file and database listing organizations, groups, companies, and individuals offering a wide variety of services to residents of the District of Columbia.
- Monitored and updated the files at their locations in DC Public Library Branches and DC Public School Libraries