Coordinated and lead IT projects. Experienced with biometric products and hardware integration into software solutions and applications. Conducted product research and market analysis, managed vendor and customer relationships, Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the credentialing process. Knowledge of Quality Assurance and Quality Control processes including continuous improvements, ISO 9000 standards, auditing and testing techniques.
Project Manager and Senior Hardware Systems Engineer
- Oversee contractors for the design and development of new products.
- Manage stakeholders and communication channels both external and internal to the project team.
- Coordinate vendor and customer relations and conduct meetings to determine make or buy decisions for hardware and placement on GSA schedule.
- Represent Engineering department during weekly calls with government representatives to resolve technical and integration issues.
- Provide, train, and manage the team members assigned to the project. Instruct team members on internal change control and testing procedures.
- Brief both customers and field engineers on the latest product technology and installation procedures.
- Perform requirements analysis, life cycle planning, research, testing, maintenance support, monitoring and controlling for over 1500 products placed on the GSA schedule.
- Engage Operations, Manufacturing, Maintenance, Helpdesk, Field Engineers, and End
- Users for new rollouts of products and beta deployment of products and software.
Senior Systems Engineer
- Researched, planned, designed, and implemented physical and logical communication networks on multiple sites.
- Worked with the customer and vendors to define, analyze, and provide solutions for integration/interoperability issues, voice, data, and image communications requirements.
- Installed configured, troubleshoot, and tested network Operating systems and Networking infrastructure.
- Installed and configured applications such as SQL and Remedy.
- Provided hardware and technical support during sessions for the Confidential .
- Documented the process for imaging servers.
- Wrote both technical design guides and hardware/software installation manuals to communicate complex technical requirements to non - technical Confidential personnel.
- Wrote proposal and architecture design for Confidential Headquarters migration and consolidate LAN and WAN infrastructure functionality including WAN Core backbone infrastructure.
- Developed requirements for server, laptop and workstation hardware based on application needs and bandwidth demand, consolidating server functionality.
- Evaluated vendors and negotiated the purchase of over 7 million dollars’ worth of equipment.
- I supervised a team of seven employees to install fifty new servers which included data migration.
- Managed an Engineering department consisting of twelve LAN/WAN engineers.
- Coordinated and organized multiple concurrent projects from initiation through implementation, effectively and independently within time and resource constraints.
- Worked closely with engineers to develop WAN/LAN designs and implementation plans.
- Assigned engineers to projects according to skill sets and experience while taking into consideration changing impacts and priorities to meet business goals and objectives.
Manager of Network Services
- Assigned and monitored individuals work output to complete daily work activities and scheduled projects.
- Purchased and managed assets including: servers, desktops, laptops, racks, and software.
- Created a process for ordering supplies and inventory.
- Identified, designed and implemented building schematics for over 300 employees including: electrical circuits, data and phone drops, cubicles, phone, printers, fax and desktop computers while maintaining control of security and assets under significant time constraints.
- Identified, designed and implemented a server room layout including: air conditioning units, racks, switches, routers, patch panel, phone system, T1s, and servers.
- Designed and helped develop a 3-tier help desk solution.
- Coordinated the layout and design of power circuits and LAN/Voice cables to desktops.
- Established requirements for the purchase and integration of Confidential G3R into Call Center
Lab Manager /Quality Assurance Manager
- Built and managed a 30-station Software Test Lab for Unix and Windows.
- Wrote quality assurance policy and procedures based on ISO 9000 standard.
- Conducted audits to ensure ISO 9000 compliancy.
- Coordinated cross functional teams and chaired the Configuration Control Board.
Quality Assurance Manager
- Coordinated the Configuration Management and Quality Assurance activities for 15 government Delivery Orders.
- Administered a configuration management library for delivery orders and proposals