- Sr. technology professional with 25 years experience, including 17 years in the Financial Services Industry.
- Expert in Distributed Technologies, Conversion Projects, Strategic Development and Business to Business Solutions.
- Consistently receives positive recognition for accomplishments, and is a proven leader in driving numerous large conversion projects.
- Strengths include proficiency with data conversion, project methodologies, on/offshore resource management, internal business and technology organization partnerships, and third - party vendor management.
- Confidential as a leader in building and sustaining high-performing teams of specialized skills to deploy solutions.
- Responsibilities include coordination of short term and long term planning sessions, estimating, requirements management, SOW’s, Development lifecycle and daily support services.
- Devised a comprehensive strategy and roadmap for migrating Confidential data to Confidential Enterprise Content Management platform.
- Coordinated between product and technology team of Confidential project (It is one of the top 15 programs in the firm).
- Performed analysis, feasibility study, estimation of the requirements management, statement of work and development life cycle to migrate the features and functions of home grown systems like Enquiry tracker, Confidential (Tracking Workflow Imaging Network Systems), IMIS (Image Management Information Systems) and other content management systems to the firm’s services oriented platform.
- Categorized the data to be converted into basic categories such as Master, Transactional, and Historical data.
- Adopted the best method for transitioning the data to the new system.
- Responsible to implement a solution to extract all fund related data from IMIS DB2 application and loaded into Content Management Systems.
- .Planned cleanup routines to address data quality issues.
- Managed document technology implementations with a goal of providing open and scalable solutions to business units for capturing and sharing information. Managed legacy document conversion & remote document capture.
- Enabled straight through processing via digital capture to eliminate manual scanning, printing and indexing.
- Deployed a windows service to automate the digital capture of 1000+ documents per week.
- Leveraged existing multi-functional devices for distributed scanning to eliminate scanning service centers.
- Created deliverables for daily and weekly meeting routines, status reports, and PMO sessions.
- Performed conversion unit and validation tests. Developed risk mitigation methods by determining which data would be out of scope and which routines could benefit from additional resources.
- Decommissioned applications such as Confidential application for R&L and AdminServer.
Technologies: Documentum, XCP, .Net, Visual C++, MS VB, SQL Server, IIS, DataStage, KOFAX, Taskspace.
- Responsibilities include Program and Project Management for multiple enterprise systems including Policy Administration, New Orders, Policy Maintenance, Pricing, Trading, Tax Reporting, Printing, Compliance, Suitability, Audit Fulfilment, Workflow, Imaging etc. Responsibilities include Support of Production Systems including batch cycles, data transfers (interfaces), monitoring etc.
- Responsible for organizational processes such as daily and weekly meetings, PMO & steering committee sessions
- Performed phasing and sequencing of tasks, syncing with external dependencies, data mapping, and document migration exercises. Involved in conversion of 600+ types of transactions and business rules from ML to Confidential .
- Led and implemented data cleanup process for 18,000+ high profile annuity contracts by running reverse and reapply.
- Coordinated test cycles in QA pipelines until all data could be loaded without errors.
- Developed risk mitigation methods by determining which data would be out of scope and which routines could benefit from additional resources. Ensured that staff was adequately assigned and trained.
- Played a leadership role in project activities and regularly coordinated with business and technical groups.
Technologies: AdminServer, UVServer, .Net, Visual C++, MS VB, SQL Server, IIS, DB2, DataStage
- Program Manager for supporting numerous business systems in support of variable annuity products.
- Functions overseen include pricing, trading, new policy order, policy management, tax reporting, printing, compliance, daily system cycles, online applications, tracking, workflow, imaging, support of production systems including batch cycles, data mapping, data transmission, interface and sequencing of tasks.
- Worked with Technology Team to design multiple parallel development pipelines to maintain stability of environments.
- Led and implemented creation of policy reversal and recycle plans for data cleansing, & Disaster Recovery plans.
- Worked with test manager to determine testing data dependencies and optimal sequencing.
- Activities generally included managing the technology team, daily meetings with business and technology teams, weekly meetings with PMO and client, and bi-weekly report outs to Steering committees.
- Devised a Strategy to monitor and execute quarterly and yearly asset allocation process of 18,000+ contracts involving total trade value of $500+ million.
- Created resource plans, tracked the work of onshore and offshore teams with diverse staffing mix of 20+.
- Reviewed BRS, SRS and weekly status reports. Tracked configuration management processes and moves into controlled environments. Made critical decisions about issues in UVServer and AdminServer nightly batch cycles.
- Coordinated with Finance, AdminServer and UVServer teams during any delay in transmission of files.
- Worked with Mainframe DB2 teams on extracting and loading of data from upstream and downstream systems.
Technologies: AdminServer, UVServer, .Net, Visual C++, MS VB, SQL Server, IIS, DataStage, DB2.
- Designed enterprise platform to replace legacy systems.
- Led a development team to build core distributed, which included adapters and broker services for approximately 17 business applications & implementations.
- Led several multi-year migration efforts. Business applications include Insurance process tracking - over 15 million transactions and imaging of 45 million images to date, more than 2 TB of data.
- Led and implemented various Confidential development and enhancement projects.
- Lead Architect for extraction and transmission of 20 million images from Confidential to Confidential, migration of BAC system images into Confidential and digital capture facility in Charlotte & to resolve data quality\ redundancy issues.
- Led and implemented a solution to capture workflow data from Mainframe DB2 systems to tracking application.
- Planned resource outsourcing model to optimize distribution of resources, in order to lower the cost without disrupting the projects. Created a profile of current and proposed state, and recommended to the management.
- Delivered all development, conversion and enhancement projects on-time, and within the budget.
- Completed P2P, Confidential transition analysis, requirement gathering deliverables on-time.
- Saved 50% of AdminServer daily cycle run-time, 50% of quarterly, yearly cycle run-time and extracts by re-engineering.
- Lead Architect for converting images from FileNet/Optika into storage area network
- Designed architecture for automating the process of storing documents from email, fax, and webpage to Confidential . Successfully completed migration of documents from Confidential system to Confidential .
- Led several multi-year migration efforts to replace vendor systems application.
- Proposed a plan to save 20% of present cost by Optimized Outsourcing model
- Lead Architect in designing of AdminServer Mail file on demand, which reduced considerable resource cost and processing delays. This was greatly appreciated by Confidential .
- Lead in setting up Dev, staging and QA pipeline environments for AdminServer and UVServer.
- Performed a significant leadership role in designing creative process to allow AdminServer system to forecast trade values to meet the business goals within given timelines.
Technologies: Crystal Reports, KOFAX controls, .Net, Visual C++, MS VB, SQL Server, IIS, DataStage, Documentum
Engineer/Senior Engineer/Deputy Manager
- Responsibilities included feasibility study, estimation, analysis, design and development, mathematical modeling, test coordination, managing development work, and training operators.
- The part task simulator for Furnace Safe guard supervisory system which consists of crucial part of Oil Mill and Unit controls.
- This is one of my first projects developed in association with the research and development group.
- My team role was engineering & designing of I/O system and mathematical modeling. also worked on various other simulators & fiber optics.
- Contributed to feasibility study for Operator Training Simulators for Offshore Production Platform.