- Product Manager, Project Manager, Technology Director, New Business Development and Process Improvement Consultant
- Primarily web applications.
- 18+ years experience. Strategic development of new products and lines of revenue plus the tactical implementation and deployment of these ideas.
- Entertainment (online music services, animation), start - ups, financial, telecom and cellular, defense, publishing, online, real estate, HR recruiting and computer software.
- Waterfall, Spiral, Agile (SCRUM, XP, Disciplined Agile Delivery), common sense.
- Graphic-based for presentation and collaboration of new business and process ideas.
- PC’s, Macs, mobile, LAMP, .NET, MVC, The Cloud, IE, Firefox & Chrome + various legacy systems
- MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Project, MS Access, MS PowerPoint, MS Publisher, MS Visio, Quiken. Basecamp, Google Docs, Wufoo Forms, Rally software for Agile
Confidential, WASHINGTON, DC
- Initiate the design and architecture of “Regulation Central” - a holistic approach for the up and coming Governance / Risk / Regulation Compliance (GRC) sector servicing all industries
- Processes, diagrams & documents for “Regulation Central” used as templates for other major Confidential groups
- Manage online publishing tools projects
- Rally SaaS software for SCRUM/Agile implementation
Confidential, NYC, NY
Director of Project Management / Operations
- Accurately represented processes and job roles using a graphic-based and collaborative method.
- Defined processes and job roles that mapped more closely to reality. Provided smoother delivery.
- Delivered the most important products.
- Manage the scheduling, discovery & development life cycle for the Instructional Design, Animation & technology teams.
- Manage the entire operation of the development portion of the business.
- SCRUM, Prototyping and Spiral software development methods
- Report directly to CEO
Device and Retail Strategist
- Teamed with founders to develop and implement strategy for online music service start-up.
- Setup and attend meetings with leading MP3 manufacturers (Toshiba, Creative, Archos).
- Authored 20-page online music service strategy document outlining best business options, pitfalls to avoid, strategy to select and then partner with MP3 manufacturers & retail stores.
- Managed relationships with external vendors such as MusicNet, Microsoft and the Data Center as well as the entire executive team, product, production, design, music programming, marketing, legal, technology development, QA and operations.
- By second month, pushed through the data center upgrade with our partner, MusicNet, saving MTV $80K/month in bandwidth fees.
- This was ignored for 1 year prior.
- Launched major BLOG subsystem into the Confidential online product, staying up with the team until 1AM the day before Christmas holidays.
- Not a single moment of down-time during the high-peak Christmas / New Year period.
- Documented over 170 projects on spreadsheet and organized 6-hour meeting of all VP’s to prioritize and schedule the Top 80 projects.
- Used SCRUM Agile methodology to miraculously meet deadline of “ Confidential on the Web” - a major rewrite so that Confidential worked simultaneously on the web as well as inside Windows Media Player.
- Developed and refined business concept with founders to create a selection of 100+ unique radio stations over mobile phone networks in Asia and Europe.
- Hand selected over 100 streaming webcasters. Authored and negotiated contracts.
- Ironed out technical and integration details with technology team in Singapore.
Director of Technology / Product Manager
- Built company from scratch - first hire with 21 direct reports.
- Launched national web-based streaming service in 9 short months and under $2MM.
- Successfully designed, purchased, installed and tested data and streaming centers at co-location facility in just 10 days (by launch time) after data center partner pulled out after 3 months of non-performance.
- In charge of many aspects of operations at start-up besides technology including HR, content acquisition, digital conversion, company infrastructure, product development and design, data center deployment, customer service and all 3rd party relationships.
- Saved the company over $1.4MM by creating the WAV and WMA CODEC digital files of music tracks and albums in-house instead of outsourcing it.
- Wire-framed UI/UX - music player, web pages and features.
- Enforced SDLC procedures.
- Used RUP, Spiral and XP Agile methodologies.