C2N Associates Confidential
Lead Auditor in training for ISO17025 and DoD ELAP. Participated in EPA CLU-IN webinar training on DoD/DOE Consolidated Quality System Manual QSM 5.0.
Quality Assurance Manager
- Lionville Laboratory formerly Recra Environmental Exton, PA June 2000 to April 2013
- Worked directly with the General Manager and Laboratory Manager on policy issues affecting the quality of data produced by the laboratory
- Obtained National Environmental Laboratory Accreditation Program NELAP accreditation implemented ISO17025, DoD ELAP, and NELAP Standards in the laboratory and maintained a Quality System in accordance with the Standards
- Developed a QA database Access to continuously monitor and track document control, employee training, demonstrations of capability, analyte lists and method detection limits MDLs
- Appointed co-administrator of a new LIMS: assisted in implementation and analyst training
- Investigated and resolved client concerns regarding deviations from standards of quality
- Collaborated with the Health and Safety Officer to address safety concerns in the laboratory
Managed several multi-million dollar Department of Energy DOE analytical contracts, and received commendation from the client for being an integral part of their team. Solicited new work and prepared proposals and quotations. Answered technical inquiries from clients regarding analysis and data. Ensured technical requirements were understood by the laboratory, including development of electronic data deliverable EDD and electronic invoicing. Tracked schedules and budgets. Prepared Quality Assurance Project Plans QAPPs for industrial and government clients.
Coordinated field and laboratory activities, from scheduling and sampling to QA review of the final report, for a large multi-site, multi-media investigation. Performed technical interpretation of data as well as QA review of geologic and chemical data. Prepared QAPPs and technical reports. Functioned as site geologist for confidential pipeline company with PCB contamination. Assisted the laboratory during overload periods by performing analysis of PCBs by gas chromatography GC .
Product Development Chemist, Chemist, Jr. Chemist, Technician
Developed a precipitation process for preparation of catalytic materials with controlled surface area and crystallite size. Scaled process from laboratory bench to pilot plant preparation of catalysts. Developed and documented analytical procedures for atomic absorption spectroscopy AAS , X-ray diffraction XRD , wet chemistry, and X-ray fluorescence XRF . Characterized new catalytic materials and systems using thermal analysis TPR, TPO, TGA , scanning electron microscopy SEM , optical microscopy, BET surface area, and mercury porosimetry
Investigated the use of soils as alternate pozzolans to fly ash for landfill material using bench scale testing. Performed AAS, XRD, and wet chemistry analyses, as well as physical testing permeability, compaction
Microsoft Office, Quality Assurance, Project Management, certifications, corrective and preventative actions CAPA , SOPs, audits, document control, control charts, training, technical profiles, electronic data deliverables EDDs , LIMS, QAPP, SAP, Work Plan, DOE, DoD, EPA SAS, logistics, data verification, data validation, technical writing, groundwater, soil, and soil gas sampling, inorganic chemistry, surface chemistry, physical chemistry
- Schrenkel, C., S. Arms, and J. Parr. Improving the Health of Environmental Monitoring When Using EPA Test Methods Presented at the National Environmental Monitoring Conference NEMC , Washington, DC August 2006
- Karmazyn, J., S. Nordstrom, and C. Schrenkel. A Quality Assurance and Data Management System for Large Environmental Projects Presented at the 5th Annual Waste Testing and Quality Assurance Symposium, Washington, DC, 1989.
- Member of The National Environmental Laboratory Accreditation Conference Institute TNI
- Member of TNI Laboratory Accreditation System Executive Committee previous member of Policy and Technical Assistance Committees
- Member of the American Chemical Society
- Registered Professional Geologist in PA PG 001779-G , currently inactive status