- I will use my 18 years of technical and writing experience to support your company, its mission and goals. Along with my experience, I bring leadership and training capabilities to personnel, a work ethic that is recognized and contagious to others, a sharp eye and attention to detail, and a genuine enthusiasm to innovate and produce quality work and products that best represent the company I am devoted to and its interests.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Adobe Creative Suite software
- Arbortext (XML/SGML)
- Photography and media equipment
- Structured Adobe Framemaker
- Project and team management skills
- Technical writing staff trainer
- Team environment promotion
- Quality control editor for manuals
- Interviewing Subject Matter Experts (SMEs)
- Microsoft SharePoint software
- Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Vehicle systems expert
- Data analyst and mining proficient
- Converting complex data to material for the target audiences
- Content Management Systems
Project Manager/Lead Technical Writer
- Project Manager and lead writer for vehicle validation team of 12 employees at BAE facility in Sterling Heights, Michigan. Responsible for manual content (writing/illustration), work delegation, training, workflow and process.
- Doubled validation workflow efficiency by recognizing deficiencies and required process improvements and presenting to management.
- Validated engineering drawings and Technical Data Package (TDP) to help BAE engineering correct errors.
- Assembled and published technical manuals per mil - std matrices as CDRLs for Panther MRV and Slat Armor.
- Quality Control Expert for post validation work technical manuals. Checked work for consistency, grammatical and technical accuracy, and correct XML/SGML tagging/links.
- Assist BAE Provisioning and Logistics Documentation Engineers with Maintenance Allocation Chart (MAC), Repair Parts and Special Tools List (RPSTL) and Level Of Repair Analysis (LORA).
- Successfully integrated C4SIR GFE documentation into Panther MMPV Maintenance Manual and RPSTL.
- Supervisor for a team of five employees.
- Created process and work responsibilities matrix for department and electronic filing system in preparation for training related to content management system.
- Trained employees to convert legacy manuals (paper, Structured FrameMaker, PageMaker) to material importable to proprietary content management system with Arbortext/Epic Editor front end.
- Coordinated printed, CD-ROM, and internet based manual distribution to customers.
Senior Technical Writer
- Defined and documented Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for GEA Flat Plate’s manufacturing and administrative procedures to help GEA achieve ISO 9001 certification. While writing SOPs for GEA Flat Plate, I helped identify ways to shorten cycle time for better efficiency while maintaining quality.
- Created electrical schematics for several Honda and Acura automobiles by reading vehicle engineering drawings and recreating in service manual format using Adobe Illustrator.
- Saved Confidential $10k in photography services for Honda and Acura vehicle manual wiring harness pictures by renting photography equipment and performing photography myself.
- Lead writer that trained team of writers at Confidential India to write automotive manuals for TATA Motors Limited.
- Created templates and layouts to update TATA Motor’s automobile owner and service manuals to world-class standards, particularly for the TATA Indica and Indigo.
- Developed and authored York International installation, service, operation manuals, troubleshooting, and wiring schematics for industrial chiller graphic control panels retrofitted to competitive chiller units. Worked directly with SMEs on field retrofit installations, travelling directly to the customer site. Created searchable and bookmarked electronic copies of manuals for distribution among service technicians and contractors.
- Developed an operation manual for a Frick (a division of York International) screw compressor industrial chiller.
- Created technical manuals and training documentation for Case-New Holland industrial and agricultural equipment. Performed technical manual work on all Case-New Holland vehicle systems including: drivetrain, power transfer, hydraulic, electrical, and drive-by-wire vehicle systems management, and diagnostic software. Work was a balanced amount of work performed between a vehicle maintenance shop environment and data collected from engineers, project managers, SMEs and engineering drawings.