- Led and managed large and small scale process improvement and technical projects to successful conclusion.
- Initiated and led process improvement projects based on best practice standards that saved time, money and manpower.
- Established a fully functioning PMO.
- Recognized for ability to take on complex and difficult projects and drive them to timely conclusion while meeting the needs multiple stakeholders.
- Displayed proven ability to gather business and technical information and formulate proactive strategies and solutions based on that information.
- Projects included ERP implementations on financial systems, financial management systems for energy organizations, and technical projects.
- Created process and procedure and technical manuals on Real Estate and Financial systems for a wholly owned subsidiary of Confidential, as well as multiple other organizations.
- Created online, self - paced and instructor-led training materials and other industry leaders, receiving excellent satisfaction ratings on all projects.
- Confidential instruction was translated and used in Brazil and Mexico.
- Received a 97% satisfaction rating with users.
- Established Working Groups and governance processes for International business units to respond to audit issues and ensure global consistency while addressing regional regulations.
- Facilitate domestic Working Groups to discuss domestic governance issues and new initiatives and escalated and track actions as necessary.
- Working Groups are focused on IT Security issues and initiatives and their impact on the Lines of Business.
- Duties included researching and participating in creation of a Risk Control Self-Assessment for the Confidential, performing compliance audits, creating procedural documentation, performing gap analysis on processes, facilitating and creating internal and vendor notifications, conducting business continuity training and hot site exercises, and creating and maintaining the departmental Business Continuity Plan using the Planner tool.
IT Business Analyst
- Performed business analysis and technical project coordination for initiatives IT initiatives. Projects included a systems audit for IT security, a PeopleSoft upgrade, and Project Management and Terminal Management system initiatives.
- Areas of primary concentration were project management, requirements gathering, change management, and QA testing.
- Documented and presented on LoadRunner QA tool and BA/PM methodologies for the organization.
IT Project Manager
Confidential, Richardson, TX
- Managed consolidation efforts for mainframe financial and record-keeping systems and distributed time-keeping and ERP systems, necessitated by existing companies merging four separate organizations into a single unit.
- Core tasks involved naming convention and policy standardization, separation of production and non-production, documentation, and communication to users about policies and changes.
IT Project Manager
- Project Management for projects from initiation to closeout using PMI project management standards, ITIL methodologies, and Six Sigma tools. Projects included:
- IT Finance Procurement Process streamlining and improvement
- Call Center logging tool implementation
- Voice over IP initiative
- Blackberry rollout to the City
- Standardization and transfer of Public Information request processing for police reports Re-imaging of Public Safety PCs
- Led efforts for Service Performance Management group to markedly improve and standardize processes using PMI, CMMI, Cobit, ITIL, and Six Sigma standards and methodologies.
- Established baseline metrics and monitored and measured improvements
- Spearheaded and managed projects to establish a Service Catalog, sustainable Service Level Agreements, a streamlined and measurable Change Management process
- Worked as Business Planner (Analyst) coordinating assigned departments’ efforts to promote the City’s strategic goals.
- Coordinated with departments to understand and document their business processes, technological needs and long-term goals
- Acted as liaison between IT Solutions and client departments to promote timely and cost effective implementation of improved processes and technologies
- Displayed exceptional ability to gather business and technical requirements and formulate proactive strategies and solutions based on that information using current methodologies and tools
- Used individual interaction and facilitated sessions to elicit information on business needs, document as-is and to-be processes, perform gap analysis, and create detailed requirements and flows for business solutions
- Established functioning Project Management Office, including establishing PMO standards, coordination of Business Analysts and design of project management templates, standards and a project dashboard.
Business Analyst/Technical Report Writer
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Performed business process analysis and created highly-praised turnover documentation on extremely technical and financial processes and procedures for Confidential within a very aggressive time-frame.
- The project was geared to separation of competitive and non-competitive groups within Confidential in order to comply with mandated industry deregulation.
- This project involved ferreting out information from a variety of sources and complying with extremely tight time schedules, while remaining in compliance with Confidential Bill 7 and ITIL parameters.
Technical Writer/Training Analyst
Confidential, Irving, TX
- Researched and wrote highly technical training documentation for multiple SAP implementations at various facilities around the globe.
- The materials were used in standup instruction, one-on-one instruction and as stand-alone instructional aids.
- Participated in acceptance testing and wrote testing scripts.
- Produced, coordinated and presented training materials for E-business initiative, including a Flash presentation, on-line and hard copy presentation materials, help cards and promotional materials from inception to completion.