- Programmer Analyst with more than 20 years of experience developing, designing and testing code for business applications on the Confidential AS400 / iSeries platform.
- Primary languages used were RPG and COBOL and various Fourth Generation Languages and productivity tools.
- Industry experience includes manufacturing, banking/financial, health care, retail sales and wholesale distribution.
- Practice includes support of legacy applications and conversion, upgrade and migration of hardware/software platform.
- Well - versed in the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including development of business and functional requirements, use cases, code development and code specifications.
- As Team Lead, introduced code development standards using template programs and other methodologies for consistency.
Competencies: Project Management, Microsoft Project Server, System/Test Analysis, Requirements Planning, Database Design, Design Documentation, Software Creation/Revisions, Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), User Training Documentation, Message-Oriented Middleware, Business Application Programming.
Hardware: AS/400 / iSeries, SYSTEM/36, Confidential PC, Hewlett-Packard Midrange
Operating Systems: OS/400, SSP, Windows, MPE iX
Programming Languages: RPG, COBOL, CL/400, OCL, COGNOS, Java, XML, SQL, PHP, .NET
Communications: Message-Oriented Middleware, Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)
Productivity Tools: MS-Office, MS-Project Professional, MS-Project Server / EPM, iSeries Navigator, Websphere Development Studio Client (WDSC)/RDi, Datastage ETL (Extract Transform Load), LANSA, Synon, MKS Implementer, Aldon Confidential, Sharepoint
Database: DB2/400, Turbo Image 3000
Project Manager / Business Analyst / Programmer Analyst
- Analysis, evaluation, detection of functional issues with existing programs
- Recommendation for solution of program issues and enhancement
- Program application enhancement, test and restore to production
Technical Project Manager / Programmer Analyst
- Design, write and test programs -to parse XML documents and load to Asset Classification database.
- Assist in development of workflow process and documentation
- Interpret and convert Asset Classification data for client use
- AS400/iSeries, RPG(IV/ILE), CL, XML, WDSC/RDi
Business Analyst / Programmer Analyst
- Assist migration of in-house application to new OTS BookMaster application
- Establish program migration priorities to meet go-live date
- Rewrite or modify existing programs to use files from new BookMaster application
- Reformat data warehouse via ETL processes to comply with new application
- AS400/iSeries, RPG(IV/ILE/Free), PHP, Synon, stored SQL procedures, Datastage ETL, WDSC/RDi
Technical Project Manager / Programmer Analyst
- Migration from AS400 Model 170 using OS V4R2 to AS400/iSeries Model 520 using V5R4.
- Compile and test applications, test new hardware connections and verify communication links to remote sites.
- Organize and execute project plan for migration and testing for manufacturing applications
- Make recommendations for upgrade of communications from APPC/SNA to Message-Oriented Middleware
- AS400/iSeries, OS400, COBOL, DB2/400, WDSC/RDi, Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)
- Business applications support for AS400 platform.
- Organize and execute projects for application support and enhancement for Confidential
- Database integrity and support
- Transmit new data formats to Florida Distribution Center via Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)
- AS400/iSeries, OS400, RPG(IV/ILE), DB2/400, WDSC/RDi, SQL
Technical Project Manager / Business Analyst
- Installed Message-Oriented Middleware product to process data via Event-Driven Data Exchange
- Used XML to allow flexibility for dynamic change of data requirements
- Provide for expanding volume of data and company growth
- Eliminate data dependencies between related applications to ensure timely processing for sales of services and inventory saving $60,000 per month
- Presentation of data to Confidential, Infinium payroll and data warehouse
- Migration of OPM code to Object-Oriented/ILE code
- Create training program for conversion of OPM to ILE code
- AS400/iSeries, RPG(IV/ILE/Free), DB2/400, RS6000, AIX, XML, SQL, Java, WDSC
Business Analyst / Programmer
- Statistical analysis and reporting for sales and scheduling of services.
- Used COGNOS 4GL to extract information from multiple database formats for sales forecasting.
- Created management reports by geographic location
- Provide information to sales staff to renew business with past client
- Generate new sales based on recent census data
- DEC/VAX, COGNOS
- Assist support team for HP Midrange platform for all 3M installations enterprise wide
- Database integrity support
- Support for existing applications - MM3000, Mac-Pac, custom in-house
- Help desk support for end-user community
- HP Operations Orchestration (HPOO) for automated management of regularly scheduled jobs
- HP Midrange, COGNOS, COBOL, Image3000, Robelle, Adager, EDI
- Defined and executed various projects in liaison with client personnel including needs analysis, definition and execution.
- Used Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) tools for data preparation and EDI transmission to various Government agencies for HIPAA, HCFA and state DHS reporting.
- Successfully defined and implemented a solution for reconciliation of funds disbursement resulting in a savings of more than $300,000 annually conserving cash flow
- Defined and implemented Batch Enrollment Process for new client companies saving time and money by reducing transcription errors
- Conducted needs analysis, research and implementation for Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) software for migration of data from government agencies and clients
- Completed various assignments for information requests from end-user clients
- Participated in HIPAA training for compliance with new government standards and practices
- HP Midrange, COGNOS, COBOL, Image3000, Robelle, Adager, AMISYS, EDI, Datastage ETL
Senior Project Manager
- Successfully managed all or part of several projects for Confidential compliance in a high-profile environment.
- Specific duties varied from Y2K compliance to Risk Management, Change Management, application testing and data migration.
- Team building and cohesion strongly emphasized.
- Business Application upgrade for Confidential compliance
- Use Project Planning and Productivity tools to define and track level of effort
- Team Lead for Confidential midrange applications using RPG(IV/ILE/Free), COBOL, DB2/400, LANSA, Pacbase, Synon, EDI, MAPICS, Confidential, SQL, Datastage ETL