Decisive, action - oriented and results-focused PMP certified professional offering over 15 years of experience in the aerospace, banking, insurance and government business sectors with the last 10 years focused on project management of web-based application development and maintenance. A confident leader with strength in business process analysis, change management, problem resolution, software engineering and project remediation. Expertise with continuous process improvement efforts, rapid, joint, one-on-one requirements and design brainstorming sessions. Continually building consensus and prudently managing human and financial resources.
Map Applications: Adaptation of spatial applications to the project management profession.
System Development Methods: PMI Project lifecycle, SDLC waterfall, spiral, iterative, RAD, QFD and RUP.
Integration Management: Project planning, change control, configuration management, integration, test and deployment, scope management; Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), project charter generation, project selection, and Management by Objectives, schedule management; network diagramming, PERT, Gantt, milestones, flowcharts and variance analysis, activity and duration analysis, cost management; earned value management, lifecycle costs, resource planning, fixed/indirect cost, and progress reporting, quality management; fishbone diagramming, Confidential, CMMi, SixSigma quality planning, metrics and measurement planning, peer reviews and quality audits.
Human Resource Management: team building, MBO, leadership, staffing, recruiting, training and organizational design.
Communications Management: planning, messaging, methodologies, tracking and reporting.
Risk Management: Risk and contingency planning, management reserves, risk reviews, risk measures and triggers.
Procurement Management: CPFF, RFP, RFQ, negotiation, red - teaming, performance monitoring, deliverables, and Scope of Work (SOW) generation.
Tool: Suites: MSProject, Visio, Excel, Borland's StarTeam, IBM's Rational ClearCase, Primavera, Bugzilla, WinRunner, LoadRunner, Test Director, ProjectPro, QVCS, PVCS Dimensions and many customized web-based project portfolio applications.
Application development exposure: Struts, Hibernate, JSP, PeopleSoft, Oracle, SQL, RUP, Java, J2EE, C++, Python, HTML, XML.
Confidential, Providence, RI
- Manage the development of a web - based transportation tracking application for the entertainment and resort industry.
- Design and implement Cloud technology solutions into web applications to provide clients with dynamic scaling.
- Provide management support to client s Loan Origination System project.
- Responsible for developing the IT/business process modeling business activities.
Confidential, Jacksonville, FL
- Managed the implementation of the North American Vertical Datum Height Modernization Program.
- Managed the continued deployment and maintenance of the web - based Survey Data Entry and Retrieval Application (SDERA) and the Vertical Datum Conversion Application (VDCA).
- Developed the Staff Gauge Install Project and Installation Plan for the installation of 3000+ stage monitoring devices and the integration of a web-based installation tracking add-on to SDERA.
- Developed a spatial based status reporting system to alert stakeholders of changes to the operational systems via web-based login.
- Developed and managed the Stage Monitoring Telemetry Device Recalibration Plan.
- Accountable to the Division Directors for the coordination and implementation of plans.
- Secured $2.2M in additional project funds during economic drought.
Confidential, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Proactively managed the scope for the development of two J2EE web applications; Survey Data Entry and Retrieval Application (SDERA) and the Vertical Datum Conversion Application (VDCA) while maintaining a positive liaison between the business and IT portions of the project.
- Managed the integration of Java application that integrates the functionality of Oracle 10i, an EDMS and ArcGIS 9.3 resulting in the capability to store, search, retrieve and view (form and map based) survey and all supplemental data in near real - time.
- Deputy Program Manager for the Device Recalibration, End User Migration Strategy, VDCA Integration and Staff Gauge replacement sub-projects.
- Developed the Business Requirements and Software/System Requirements.
- Managed the High-Level Design, Detail Design, Development, Test Planning and Deployment efforts for the web-based survey tool and web-based conversion application.
- Implemented a design decomposition process to rapidly define the use cases from a user, system and test perspective.
- Communicated the status of all development and integration initiatives to the stakeholders through structured communications.
Confidential, Andover, MA
- Implemented PMI Methodology process to ensure compliance with federally mandated remediation of the electronic cGMP systems including 21 CFR Part 11.
- Drove the effort to identify and plan for the remediation of over 200 electronic systems.
- Implemented a focused, step - by-step task based plan for the quick completion of the mandated deliverables (Remediation Plan, Execution Plan, Final Report).
- Mitigated the financial risk of the project by restructuring the program by reducing 12 positions saving an estimated $200K per year in resource management costs.
- Cut an estimated $750K per year from the corporate overhead by incorporating an enterprise wide reporting system using an enterprise program management tool.
Confidential, Boston, MA
Information Technology Consultant
- Enhanced efficiency of processes estimated to add $3.5M to premium of $700M.
- Reduced IS product Time - To-Market of 120 days to an estimated 70 days.
- Saved an estimated $2.5M in resource cost by increasing project on-time percentage from 45% to an estimated 98% for the Claims, Passenger Auto, Commercial Auto and Underwriting business units.
- Increased strategic business-IT alignment by transforming the ad-hoc annual planning process into an ongoing project portfolio selection process.
- Implemented full lifecycle quality assurance program resulting in 30% defect reduction in first quarter.
- Saved approximately $500K on project portfolio tools by defining clients requirements based on internal processes, not vendor driven requirements.
- Conducted requirements gathering process for rapid prototype of web applications.
- Enhanced the business and IT relationship by implementing a formal requirements process that resulted in approximately 50% less defects at Requirements Review.
- Increased disaster recovery coverage 33% by enhancing the process to include exposed web elements. Increased productivity and efficiency by implementing an end-to-end distributed application software development methodology for a major financial institution 30+ days ahead of schedule utilizing a 33% reduced workforce.
Confidential, Boston, MA
Engagement Director/Project Manager
- Conducted pre - audit analysis and business process reengineering for banks Data Center resulting in best IT audit grades ever as a result of pre-audit analysis and business process reengineering. Enhanced IT security procedures as a result of the pre-audit findings that resulted in flawless evacuation during 9/11 drill. Enabled the client to rollout changes to their Market Data Analysis, Portfolio Reconstruction, Trading, Performance and Production Support systems 20 -30 % faster while minimizing risk to their production environment applications. Project resulted in a 55% reduction of post-test release defects. Firm fixed price contract.
- Budgeted and executed web-based Financial Asset Management Production Support's project that resulted in instant access to all IT Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) and enabled business auditor's to track compliance.
- 75% savings in process education budget realized by introducing "train-the-trainer" process.
- Took on the role of Quality Assurance Director and quality process architect for high volume, high net- worth trading company responsible for implementing a repeatable Mercury TD and WinRunner testbed.
- Increased the productivity for leading P&C insurance company by 100% by implementing a daily Change Control Board. Changes to projects were so frequent that 80% of projects were behind schedule and over budget.
Confidential, Boston, MA
Project Management Consultant
- Implemented full lifecycle Software Confidential Level 2/3 processes for client/server and web applications.
- Enabled clinical trials software provider customer to comply with 21 CFR Part 11 quality regulations including Customer Service (CRM), Change Requests, Development and Product Deployment.
- Provided time critical technology evaluation and change management migration plan for commercial and personal retailer of personal computers.
Confidential, Lexington, MA
- Successfully managed company's effort on a $500M multiple contractor, geographically dispersed US Government defense engineering project. Managed the P & L of project portfolio valued at $30M resulting in gross profit of 21% against a planned 18.5%.
- Consistently delivered contracts valued at $2M+, resulting in multiple General Dynamic Project Excellence Awards.
- Planned and executed strategy that resulted in organizations transformation from a legacy environment to an object oriented, Rationale based environment.
- Reduced the execution time of the Monthly Project Portfolio Review process resulting in a 62% cost savings.
- Established business pursuit plan, created engineering Basis of Estimates, conducted proposal preparation, red - teams, and customer negotiations.
- Led a 21-person engineering team tasked with analyzing, designing and fielding the National Missile
- Implemented enterprise and project based Technical Performance Measurements and risk mitigation activities resulting in a historical measurement database that enabled accurate proposal bids, Rough Orders of Magnitudes and engineering resource estimates.
- Directed relocation of a $50M USAF Computer Training and Simulation facility that resulted in the USAF saving approximately $25M annually.
- Facilitated the internal attainment of Confidential Level 3 processes resulting in a higher qualifying rating when bidding on military contracts.