Project Management / Analyst Position in Information Technology
Proven Project Manager and Business Analyst with over twenty years experience in use, development, testing, conversion and implementation of financial and data operations systems - both mainframe and client server - primarily for banks and brokerages. Strong business analyst experience is complemented by consistent Agile project management successes including careful quality assurance. Background includes emphasis on technological solution evaluation and risk management reporting.
- Management of Project Teams
- Strong Business Analyst Experience
- 6 Sigma and DMAIC Trained
- Successful vendor engagements
- Repeated success in Project Management in bringing Agile projects in on-time and in-budget.
- Full suite of Microsoft applications
- Confidential Brokerage GPS Mainframe Applications, Trust3000, Omnitrust, Confidential 3D
- Quality Center
- Provision Workflow Modeler
Confidential, Harrisburg, PAProject Manager - Consultant
- Collated system data from Pa counties for conversion to statewide centralized system
- Liaised with system vendors in data aligning effort
- Audited county technology budget applications to the state
Confidential, Harrisburg, PA
Project Manager - Consultant
- Hired to manage two projects and added a further two within three months.
- Managed project start-up and execution with vendor to deliver four tracks of curriculum to be delivered state-wide, to enhance the quality of data
- Aided vendor with weak Project Management processes and structures
- Vendor rollout of electronic Student Transcripts and Records; Project to analyse and deliver recommendations on matching algorithm methodologies to match data across three State Departments; Project to review and make recommendations on current vs desired data collections.
Confidential, Hartford, CT
QA Manager - Consultant
- Managed Team of eight QA analysts centralizing work within MS Team Foundation Server
- Identified multiple system performance and functionality issues presenting direct risk to project timeline and success
- Executed out-of-box baseline test on new platform-wide application
- Designed, planned and oversaw execution of system QA testing using the Quality Center QA application
- Planned and created complete testing program for non-legacy system interfaces to new platform
Senior Business Analyst
- Analyzed prototype to identify opportunities to leverage next-generation technology, working within a team supported by Confidential .
- Identified opportunities to enhance the user-configurability of the product set
- Designed Twiki repository and collated documentation, capturing business and technical risk attributes for Confidential new 3D’s 500+ platform applications
- Identified audit-originating risks through application inventory (over 1,000 applications) and analysis across a hybrid trading user base (online vs network, in-house vs vendor).
- Ensured that the implemented process was able to identify weaknesses and risks and introduce a comprehensive control mechanism to improve management reporting and effectiveness
Confidential, Newark, DE
- Responsible for conversion of all Confidential processing from Confidential.
- Conversion work included securities accrual bases and dividend information.
Confidential, Bethel, PA
CEO - Manager
- Setup and running of commercial agricultural operation, now operating independently with a staff of three and turnover in excess of $250,000 producing horses for sport at a national level as well as for export.
Confidential, King of Prussia, PA
- Hired on a consultative basis to assist in the vendor selection, design and development of a major multi-component Trust platform.
- Executed duties including creation of graphic workflows to four levels of detail, gap analysis and requirements documentation, vendor selection, and system testing.
Confidential, New York
Project Manager / Vice President
- Conversion to realise transaction processing savings of $5M within one calendar year. GPS Solution replacing a dozen existing systems.
- Responsible for sixteen operational working groups (Clearance, Tax, International Settlement etc) and continuous vendor contact.
- Maintaining bug lists and enhancement requirements. Project team of two others reporting to this role in NY.
- Continuous high-level management updates given on project status, progress and risks.
- Interaction with DTC for establishment and use of their UTOR test region.
Confidential, New York
Business & Implementation Analyst, Project Co-coordinator
- Responsible for specification gathering and writing for new functional developments, as well as for maintenance of Project Plan and Plan variation justifications.
- Maintained log of each system’s issues and ensured thorough QA testing carried out on each new functional development or issue resolution.
- Responsible for demonstrating proof of concept and trade flow to Confidential management.
- Served as Confidential ’s ‘front-man’ managing client relationship as well as interfacing with ‘internal’ Confidential companies whose products were involved in each implementation.
- Completed internal Project Management course with high honours.
- Low level data element mapping, client technology liaison, implementation of new corporate actions model, stock record and accounts postings structure business impact, conversion of five separate company entities
- Implemented debugged test and production environments
- Converted CL to new Gloss equity processing platform
- Created stock record and all relevant drivers
- Created GL interface to CL accounting GL including driver setup and testing with CL Accounts department
- Tested new Accrued Interest functionality of more than a dozen accrual types in over 50 scenarios.
- Wrote functional specification for new Cost of Carry functionality.
- Created in-house system tests for a full suite of settlements reports.
- Funded 30+ Domestic and Euroclear Accounts in over 20 currencies including execution of front office funding transactions.
- Monitored internal treasury reconciliation.
- Placed Daily and Fixed Term funding deals.
- Recreated spreadsheet-driven funding system from Lotus Symphony into Microsoft Excel incorporating basic macros.
- Analyzed comparative in-house and street interest rates producing color graphic results.
- Reviewed performance and service of cash and stock custodians, resulting in major account changes.
- Wrote specifications for and tested system enhancements required by business changes.
- Regulatory shortfalls required immediate implementation of procedures including the following key controls;
- Closer failed trade analysis.
- Monitoring of ‘Unapproved’ trades.
- Control of international office branch’s reconciliation breaks.