- Mission - Focused ensuring that every task is aligned to the organizations vision, mission, and goals
- Program Manager with a successful track record of transparency and delivering solutions on time and budget
- IT Process expert who can successfully align projects to the most effective waterfall or agile lifecycle
- Change Agent with a proven record of successfully bringing companies to ISO compliance and Confidential maturity
- Team Leader who can form strong empowered teams that stay connected for years
- Mentor who is focused on developing staff and bringing out their talents
- Motivator that is able to elicit top notch performance
- Engager with the ability to bring disparate groups together and bridge customers to IT staff
- Influencer able to build and maintain customer confidence in IT delivery and response
- Problem Solver who can analytically assess needs and deliver out of the box solutions
- Risk-Focused with 15 years of experience reading risk indicators and knowing how to respond
- Continuous Improvement Advocate leveraging Lean/Six Sigma expertise to identify waste and drive efficiency
- Composed Nature always remaining calm and focused in crisis
- Collaborator who works well with senior management, staff, and across departments
- Strategic Planner who can recognize the big picture and also appreciate the details
Senior IT Program Manager, Engineering, Test & Evaluation
- Provided leadership to a technology staff providing software development, database support, system quality assurance, and process improvement for the Confidential ’s All Weapons Information System (AWIS) Program for Confidential .
- Led organization’s Software Engineering Process Group.
Director, IT Program Operations Division & Chief Technology Officer
- Managed a 120 - member staff providing software development, system quality assurance, network, and end-user support for several information management services .
- Established the organization’s IT strategy, ensuring continuous day-to-day operation and availability.
Senior Manager, Information Systems
- Managed a 34-member staff providing software development, network, and end-user support for several health information management services including the Confidential.
Confidential, Camarillo, California
Senior IT Program Manager
- Provided leadership to a technical staff responsible for software development and maintenance, database support, system quality assurance, and process improvement for the Confidential ’s All Weapons Information System (AWIS) Program for Confidential
- Partnered with Confidential Leadership staff to ensure efficient execution of concurrent program initiatives; lead a team of contracted resources responsible for supporting the Confidential program providing software engineering services, data management and verification and validation
- In collaboration with Confidential leadership, developed and implemented a set of organizational goals that strengthen the Program’s commitment to its employees and to the Confidential mission
- Established organization’s Program Management Office (PMO) to enhance leadership collaboration and decision support
- Coordinated, hired, and facilitated the professional development of project analyst and junior analysts; provide oversight and guidance in the development and maintenance of web-based software and database systems utilizing various technologies including .NET, Java, ColdFusion, and Oracle
- Served as the Lead for the Confidential Engineering Steering Group (ESG) composed of program and IT professionals from across organization with the mission of establishing and maintaining the Confidential -DEV Level 3 compliant process framework for project management and software development
- Responsible for the establishment and maintenance of the Confidential Quality Assurance Program, encompassing full lifecycle peer reviews and the establishment of comprehensive test plans; spearheaded the implementation of process improvements aimed to drive cost savings and improve the quality of products and services
- Monitored and ensured compliance with the DISA developed Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) for Application Security and Development
- Conducted and facilitated a 2-day Quarterly Performance Management Review meetings and other performance and strategy-focused customer events
Confidential, Dulles, Virginia
IT Director, & Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
- Oversaw 120-member staff providing software development, system quality assurance, network, and end-user support for several information management services including the US Department of Transportation’s Fatality Analysis Reporting System (FARS) Program and the Confidential ’s OCIO Infrastructure Support Program.
- As CTO, established Confidential ’s IT strategy aimed to support continuous day-to-day operation and availability; supervised day-to-day operational support services to the Infrastructure Support Division of the Office of the CIO in the Department of Agriculture, including data services, hosting, and telecommunications
- Sourced, hired, and trained skilled computer professionals at all levels; maintained a retention rate greater than 95%
- Provided oversight and guidance in the development and administration of database systems, web-based self-service applications, and internal systems utilized by customers
- Successfully led Confidential ’s corporate-wide process improvement effort of Confidential institutionalization as part of Confidential ’s Strategic Quality Program resulting in greater efficiency, transparency, consistency, and predictability in program performance
- Successfully planned and conducted a Standard Confidential Appraisal Method for Process Improvement (SCAMPI) appraisal resulting in the IT organization being appraised at maturity level 3 under Confidential
- Drove capital planning efforts related to future technology investments and ensured investments were aligned with strategic plans
- Facilitated the leadership collaboration and transparency in program performance through the establishment of a monthly Operational Performance Review that covered project status, financial performance, Human Resources activities, quality initiatives, opportunity pipelines, and corporate financial goal status
- Executed a review of all indirect and overhead business activities resulting in a 30% reduction of corporate indirect costs
- Reviewed and analyzed the Certification and Accreditation (C&A) initiatives for government clients to ensure secure IT environments
- Implemented and promoted technology education and awareness programs to advance an informed workforce in areas that included IT security, computer usage, social networking tools, SharePoint usage, and taking advantage of advanced features in office tools
Confidential, Rockville, Maryland
Senior Manager, Information Systems
- Managed a 34-member staff providing software development, network, and end-user support for several health information management services for the Confidential
- Provided oversight and guidance in the development and administration of database systems, self-service applications, systems used by call center staff to respond to inquiries, databases that track caller characteristics and call volumes, systems that manage order fulfillment, Unity/SharePoint sites for internal collaboration, and other support systems for programs in Health Communications
- Oversaw IT contracts that maintain and host several publicly-available websites for various customers
- Introduced and established data-validated strategies to ensure an optimal and productive user experience with hosted systems and websites; utilized of site usage logs, user navigation patterns, search results data, user survey/feedback data, system performance data, and website design trends to improve continued site optimization
- Key participant in capital planning efforts related to future IT investments, and contributes to the annual Health Line of Business strategic plan that ensures continued financial growth
- Worked directly with health managers, directors and their teams to develop an annual Program Excellence Plan (PEP) for all Health programs
- Facilitated LEAN/Six Sigma Structured Improvement Events (Kaizens) that included documenting and assessing existing processes and systems used to perform an activity, identifying waste and redundancy, and implementing improvements that save the customer money and deliver higher quality services
- Successfully led organization’s formal process improvement effort of Confidential institutionalization resulting in greater efficiency, transparency, consistency, and predictability in program performance.