- Project lead on third party Digital Production (DP) software implementation having responsibilities for all Information Technology applications that flows into the Confidential Intelligence Coordination Center .
- Develop objective and priorities for short/long term projects.
- Coordinate activities and resolved problems encountered while carrying out the project plans.
- Accurately capture and express business and system requirements utilizing approaches and tools such as JAD sessions, writing Use Cases, stakeholder identification, artifact collection, writing Test Cases/Plans, using Visio to create process diagrams representing both “as is” and “to be” process views throughout the various project phases in the System Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Direct a system development project through the SDLC Full Lifecycle.
- Adept at process improvement, and the planning, development and implementation of both large and small software projects utilizing Confidential SDLC methodologies and approaches.
- Over 12+ years in Oracle technology and SDLC to include requirements definition and analysis, design, development, maintenance, data - modeling, and testing of application/object-oriented systems within Client /Server and web-technology environments.
- 5+ years experience with Oracle 8/8i/9i/10g/11g Relational Database Management and utilities.
- Experienced with COTS and GOTS products, quality assurance, system integration, user training, and documentation of computer applications and procedures.
- Experienced in UNIX, LINUX, 2000 and NT environments on unclassified, NIPRNET, SIPRNET, GENSER, and JWICS security networks.
- Experienced Project Manager possessing flexibility prioritizing assignments and effective organizational, client interaction, and written/oral communication skills.
Software: Oracle (7-11g), Oracle Developer 2000 (Forms 5&6), Erwin, SQL Navigator, Reveal Net, MS Access 97/2000, MS Project, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio, SharePoint
Hardware: UNIX - Solaris (2.6, 2.7, 2.8, 2.9), Personal Computers (Windows NT, 95, 98, 2000 & XP)
Confidential, Suitland, MD
- Manages complex projects/programs that are production deployed.
- Defines requirements and plan project lifecycle deployment by translating requirements into actionable project schedules
- Defines resources and schedule for project/program implementation to meet customer requirements.
- Plans and schedule project deliverables, goals and milestones using MS Project, Visio, and Power Point.
- Directs and oversees project engineering team and manages conflicts within group.
- Performs team and external Consultant assessments and evaluations.
- Identifies and solves project issues using risk analysis.
- Designs and maintains technical and project documentation through conglomeration of interrelationships of multiple IT disciplines and customer organizations within the Confidential .
- Demonstrates strong organizational, presentation, and customer service skills by explaining complex IT ideas, prototypes, and “Use Cases” to clearly communicate and adapt to the user community level of knowledge.
- Develop business process analyses and transition plans and managed the integration of these analyses into the architecture.
Team Lead/Oracle Database Administrator
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Lead team members in monitoring systems and application monitors (Tivoli, System Consoles, Managed Objects, JMON, etc.) and investigates error messages.
- Quickly resolved errors related to Oracle, UNIX, LINUX, DMS, DATACOM, and Windows Exchange Servers in accordance to the Service Level Agreement (SLA) of “zero” downtime.
- Performed platform and software (Oracle) installation, configuration and upgrades/migration.
- Created/designed database schemas and instances while ensuring application integrity and availability through performance tuning/optimization.
- Provided SLA operations support for 24x7x365 services.
- Provided expert knowledge of Oracle databases versions 9i and/or 10g, Oracle Enterprise Management, Oracle configuration and tuning, and SQL.
- Performed RMAN 10g administration especially Oracle backups and recoveries.
- Provided security patches to all production systems by upgrading, installing patches, and managing performance or unforeseen database events; Wrote SQL scripts for requested queries and reports.
- Provided knowledge of software development disciplines, configuration management, database administration, DB design, systems administration and design, remote data acquisition and extraction within a Team environment.
- Installed, configured, maintained, and tuned Oracle DBMS and application suites to include third party GOTS/COTS products.
- Independently executed research/resolution to technical issues.
- Performed implementation of technical solutions to include: problem identification, research/investigating potential solutions, testing potential solutions, providing recommended solution, and implementation of solutions with documentation.
Oracle Database Administrator
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Provided support to the Oracle development and integration teams.
- Performed software engineering to support the integration of additional functionality into the system and/or modify existing system functionality.
- Reverse Oracle database engineering to migrate legacy databases to ORACLE platforms.
- Developed and maintained scripts and programs for data exchanges and interfaces with external systems.
- Coordinated format requirements for data interfaces for mission critical systems.
- Technical POC for interface requirement issues.
- Provided general technical and network administrative support
- Provided metric reporting to client management.
- Initiated and established backup and recovery strategies using RMAN.
- Supported database synchronization, system migration, and interfaces.
- Provided technical analysis and implementation support for system and functionality upgrades.
- Scripted UNIX operating system that requires knowledge of hardware, software and system analysis.
Oracle Database Administrator/Task Leader.
Confidential, Arlington, VA
- Guided and instructed 3-6 Team members for complex Oracle projects; Administered six HP UNIX 11.0 platform databases by creating and modifying database in response to change control requests.
- Capacity managed Oracle databases, growth monitoring of databases and restore databases on fixed schedule and demand.
- Exported data from databases and perform bulk loading of data.
- Performed database application tuning and implemented user access control, permission, grants, new user setup, and software installation.
- Migrated Oracle databases from 7.3 - 8i.
- Developed and maintain complex applications and reports using Visual Basic and Microsoft Access.
- Maintained/tested data using Cold Fusion MX while participating in application project planning.
- Provided project status to management as well as create training documentation, rapid prototype, and upgrade planning for application databases.
- Formulated policies, procedures, and standards relating to database management, and monitors transaction activity and utilization.
- Assisted the UNIX team with backup and recovery using Veritas Net Backup 4.5.
- Performed quality control audits to ensure accuracy, completeness, and proper usage of data in tables and various support tools and give recommendations regarding enhancements and/or improvements.
Confidential, Crystal City, VA
- Created/maintained a complex software system by performing analysis, design, coding and testing of software using ORACLE 8.0, SQL*PLUS, PL/SQL and DEVELOPER 2000.
- Developed new entry screens using FORMS 5.0 and user reports as part of the application enhancement.
- Created Oracle schema objects using DESIGNER 2000 and DESIGNER 6.
- Modified production programs to improve system and application performance.
Confidential, McLean, VA
- Created/maintained complex software system by performing analysis, design, coding and testing of software programs using ORACLE 7.3, SQL*PLUS, PL/SQL and DEVELOPER 2000.
- Defined solutions and performed appropriate programs/application designs using FORMS 5.0.
- Developed/and maintained the full life cycle development and implementation of the Financial Information Management System(FIMS). This included performing front and back end programming by creating tables, triggers, and stored procedures.
- Created screens and performed maintenance using VISUAL BASIC 5.0.
Confidential, Arlington, VA
- Performed programming, testing, debugging and maintenance on a UNIX platform with GUI/Windows based software application using ORACLE 7.3, SQL*PLUS, PL/SQL and DEVELOPER 2000.
- Prepared code for existing and new programs utilizing applications such as DDE, FFI and ACTIVE-X (.OCX) controls (Microsoft tabs). Coded and debugged in ORACLE REPORTS 3.0, FORMS 5.0 and ORACLE GRAPHICS 2.5.