- 9+ years of hands - on experience in managing Enterprise Custom and COTS application development
- Ongoing responsibility to maximize customer satisfaction and strengthen customer relationships
- Managed teams in fast paced IT application development for sales and marketing streams with 6 week release cycles
- Responsible for all aspects of engagement with Business clients - assessment of infrastructure, integrating new applications/updates with customer system, Manage development, user
- Cross-functional Program and Project management and Software delivery expertise
- Expertise in budgeting, forecasting along with quality and delivery management of IT programs
- Managed development team and projects on a global call center software generating $6b revenue per annum
- Partnered with business to understand planned improvements and formulate release roadmap, and translate product-vision to the development team
- Manage and mentor team of BAs’, Developers, Testers, along with Deployment and assume support roles
- Experienced in managing products for Operations, Maintenance and transformational experience / Enhancements.
- Enterprise Application Integration experience with 15 plus applications, 12 plus global locations
- Experienced in managing Vendors and Vendor resources
- PMP®, SCM certified Program & Senior IT Manager
Languages: Java - J2EE, Swing, Pro*C, C, C++, PerlOS AIX, Unix, Windows, iOSx
IDEs/tools: Eclipse, RAD, Rational ClearCase, Clearquest, modeler, FORTE 4GL, WAS
Mobile Tools: Antenna, Mobile Iron
Databases: Oracle, GoldenGate, MySQL, DB2, Informix, and TPF
Web: HTML5, Java Script, JSP, XML, PHP
Others: PGP, FTP, PERL, MQ, AWS
Technical Environment: iOS 8, iPhone Apps, iPhone, scanner hardware, J2EE Apps, SOAP web services, Oracle, SQL*Server databases, TPF backend and vendor driven COTS on AWS, Linux, Solaris systems.
- Complete management of SDLC and compliance to Confidential Q gate processes.
- Build and maintain relationships with Business owners, IT stakeholders, Vendors and Vendor resources, and communicate using bi-weekly PMT meetings, Program review, CIO review etc.
- Manage Project and Program financials including estimating, budgeting and forecast
- Work closely with resource managers for managing and onboarding resources
- Mentoring and guiding team members on functional areas and prioritization
- Proactively identify actions required to prevent issues in development, testing and deployment
- Drive delivery of required documents and take quick decision during crunch times
- Redesign conductor reporting points by reducing 16 hours data update to real-time
- Redesign “Schedule publish” to address holiday and initial terminal changes
- Create single-source sightings service and manage downstream app changes
- Upgrade iOS7 to iOS8 on all iPhone devices and provide backward compatibility
- Rollout iPhone6s with new scanners replacing aging iPhone4s devices
- Upgrade all iPhone apps to the new form factor and iOS8
- Create contingency plan for operations while inventory is low to manage risk
- Web services - applications to share data using SOAP based asynchronous requests
- Database queries based on dynamic user requests
- MQ listener, Topic solution for near real-time transactions
- Create Partner registration process, transition to support team
- Provide significant improvement to avoid unnecessary DB access from Antenna middleware to mobile DB.
- Lift Hardening involves updating the TPF end of channel to use MQ and by pass an existing web service layer to remove points of failure.
- This project eliminated a middle layer of messaging and directly sent the customer contact messages via SMTP server.
- Developed new application to improve “ticket publish” events from a TPF based reservation system to MQ Topic.
- Setup a new MQ server and mapped the applications for Primary and Secondary with failover option
- Setup disaster recovery related location diversity for revenue critical DB using GoldenGate with testing DB setup in AWS
- Managed program level tasks including setting up budget, tracking actuals and explaining variances, Forecasting.
- Conducting periodic review of progress, Milestones and Deliverables.
- Move the financial system from a 4-week schedule to a monthly schedule ($6M).
- Provided application roadmap and release planning
- Created Program Management process for feeder systems and established program status reporting
- Provide mentoring to subprojects and manage risks and issues
- Manage to milestones of program by influencing upward and peer groups to meet timelines across sub-projects
- Engaged internal and external resources and manage through negotiation, escalation to program leadership
- Trained on interview skills using STAR methodology
Manager, Reservation system
- Maintain agile updates for the applications that generated revenue of $6B USD per annum, used at global locations in various time zones to book hotel rooms.
- 3,200 Agents worldwide accessed these applications on a 24x7 basis
- Managed development team and lead team by partnering with cross-functional business applications; Interacted daily with customers to understand the business need.
- Product owner and Operational Support as Tier 3 support and SME on multiple functions
- Manage the application performance by optimizing network infrastructure bandwidth and distributed servers and datacenter resources.
- Implemented nearly 10-12 releases per year with zero defects
- Represented applications in Change management board meetings
- Implemented PCI and PII standards on the sales channel revenue application to safeguard customer information and credit card processing information
- Technical and SME Lead IT estimation discussions, understanding business vision and seeking clarifications in scope.
- Lead JAD sessions, write and review requirements with business and other IR stakeholders
- Negotiate with customer for requirements, release scope, manage enterprise-wide conflicts with product life cycle
- Managed System Integration, Enhancements, Desktop upgrades, DB and OS upgrades
- Development Manager for Contact Center application that required 99.998% availability and generating billions ($6B) in revenue per year.
- Manage 6 week cycle ongoing releases for defects and enhancements
- Report to IT management and business with scorecard, status of releases and financials
- Lead and manage support challenges during infrastructure upgrades without impacting revenue and sales campaign enhancements
- Responsible for employee engagement and associate satisfaction