- Working solo or on a team to use systems analysis tools and techniques to translate business ideas into information technology solutions that address customers’ operations challenges.
- Supporting the full software development lifecycle (SDLC) for information systems from developing initial specifications and requirements through implementation, deployment, and maintenance. Experience supporting and leading both Agile and Waterfall projects.
- Project manager leading efforts of up to $1.5 million and 10 people. Project Management Institute certified Project Management Professional (PMP). Established continuous process improvement environments for a broad scope of projects. Established strong customer and stakeholder relationships to achieve successful project outcomes and customer satisfaction, as demonstrated by multiple cycles of expanded follow - on work.
- Developing innovative solutions to help owner agencies and acquire greater insight into their asset conditions, promote more effective maintenance approaches, and reduce the total life cycle cost of asset ownership.
- Windows / OSX / Linux
- Microsoft Office, Access, Project, SharePoint, Visio, Visual Studio
- MS SQL Studio
- Google Earth / Maps
- SAP Crystal Reports
- JIRA / GIT / BitBucket
- C / C++ / C# (including elements of the Boost libraries)
- Swift / iOS
- HTML / CSS
- KML / KMZ
- Reviewed developer specifications and requirements for compliance with the contractual terms and testability.
- Reviewed and developed recommendations for technical documents organizing requirements by features and user stories for use later in the project lifecycle.
- Mapped requirements to test cases, performed system testing, and documented the results in a fast-paced team environment.
- System testing in Agile and Scrum environments for compliance with project requirements.
- Review of technical documentation for compliance with contractual terms, SEC regulations, and industry best practices.
- Program management support to track and organize project deliverables.
Business Systems Analyst
- Planned and conducted literature reviews, developed data collection approaches and tools, performed statistical analysis, developed and applied business process improvement recommendations, and assessed compliance with applicable industry and government standards.
- Developed and implemented innovative performance measurement and improvement processes for transportation infrastructure maintenance and rehabilitation programs.
- Developed and presented guidance on the benefits and risks of different performance-based asset management approaches to owner agencies, both in the U.S. and abroad.
- Developed ‘as-is’ and ‘to-be’ process flow charts, developing action items to achieve the ‘to-be’ outcome, and carrying those actions out.
- Led a technology assessment effort for DDOT to identify candidate LED street light fixtures to replace its 60,000 roadway lights throughout the District. Helped the customer define their operational goals and requirements, developed an assessment methodology for the replacement candidates, solicited sample fixtures from manufacturers, and supervised lab and field testing. This effort resulted in reports and recommendations to DDOT resulting in their selecting LED fixtures for deployment as part of a system-wide upgrade.
- Supported a DHS program to help the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority and the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey document and assess security risks, evaluate mitigation strategies, and develop recommendations for applying the most effective set of security improvements achievable within financial constraints.