- He is an experienced developer with extensive expertise working on the OS/400 Operating System, AS/400 with COBOL, CL, PDM, SDA, DFU, QUERY/400, ILE, DEBUG, Implementer, and more.
- Candidate has proven analytical, design, development, communication, and project management skills.
- He has industry experience providing programming, analysis, and project management services for Health Insurance, Retail, Finance, Banking, Educational Institutions, and IT Services.
- Candidate is skilled in user training, mentoring, and application systems migrations.
- He is highly competent with a passion for his technology area and experience in successfully supporting user communities at all levels of an organization.
Languages: AS/400 COBOL (25+ years), RPG (5+ years)
Platforms: OS/400 (25+ years)
Tools: / Utilities: QUERY/400, CL, PDM, SDA, DFU QUERY/400, ILE, DEBUG, Implementer, Turnover, Aldon, SharePoint
Project Skills: AS/400 COBOL/RPG Programmer, Banking and Finance (18+ years)Health Insurance, Project Management, Technical Training and documentation.
Confidential, Scottsdale, AZ
Senior Programming Analyst
- Worked as a senior analyst/developer for conversion of legacy COBOL system to SAP.
- Assignments required user interface, design analysis, time estimates, technical specifications, coding, unit testing, and support of user QA testing prior to production.
- Used ALDON Source Management System to maintain integrity of code check - outs, conflicts, and versioning.
- Participated in daily team “Scrum” sessions to facilitate the AGILE software development model.
Confidential, Orlando, FL
Senior Programming Analyst
- Designed real-time Catalogue/Repricing interface between ABC and their vendors.
- Performed detailed analysis of user business-requirements and documented accordingly.
- Conducted numerous meetings with various user groups, to determine exact needs, design gaps, etc.
- Analyzed and documented technical specifications necessary to establish interface.
- Wrote numerous COBOL/400 and RPG/400 programs to facilitate project.
Senior AS/400 COBOL Analyst/Developer
- Analyzed sync-up of 2-year version of Health Claims legacy system to the present
- Concerns were interim custom code, vendor updates to the base code, etc.
- Worked with ALDON and its archiving ability to facilitate analysis.
- Used Excel as an ongoing tool to facilitate the analysis.
- Retrofitted COBOL code into complex COBOL programs.
- Designed and developed a third-party interface for Groups, Members, Plans, Providers, etc.
Senior COBOL/RPG Applications Analyst
- Analyzed, designed, and developed enhancements for TERMs, a public school software system that accommodates student registration, demographics, curricular, and historical information; plus, teacher/staff tracking and payroll processing.
- Demonstrated the ability to demonstrate logic, analytical and verbal and written communication skills, team-oriented work habits, good interpersonal skills and the ability to adapt to different levels of technical experience.
- Modified numerous RPGLE and COBOL/ILE programs for small to large-scale enhancements.