- Offers 15+ years of experience in IT project/operations management and telecom account management.
- Applies broad business acumen, along with exceptional problem solving, decision making, and leadership skills, to improve organizational efficiency, profitability, and overall performance.
- Thrives within collaborative work environments that encourage creative thinking and open communication.
- Persistent in overcoming obstacles; consistently produces positive results under deadline, even in challenging situations.
- Excels in building, training, and motivating empowered, engaged teams.
- Introduced full lifecycle project management methodologies with budgetary objectives and contingencies to ensure successful completion of a variety of critical initiatives (primarily information systems, but other areas as well).
- Identified inventory control inefficiencies and worked with an ERP developer to create a warehouse management/bar coding system to streamline shipping/receiving, ensure accurate order picking, and improve overall accuracy of inventory on hand.
- Slashed monthly voice/data expenses by 40% via deployment of a company’s first WAN. Spearheaded three subsequent WAN upgrades that not only achieved ROIs of up to $70K/year, but also improved user experience, database responsiveness/storage, and remote access.
- Dramatically reduced monthly interoffice long - distance costs by implementing Avaya’s IP Office (which utilized VoIP and Small Community Networking (SCN)) across ten locations.
- Installed a UNIX mainframe and provided network design for eight locations.
- Led LAN migrations as well as installations of firewalls and solutions for backup storage and disaster recovery.
- Held full buying responsibilities for 50+ product lines, including sourcing and capitalizing on vendor incentives.
- Eliminated unnecessary handling of stock between locations by introducing a company-wide standard operating procedure (SOP) for inventory transfers.
- Saved nearly $10K/month by establishing a new shipping/receiving process following the relocation to a 75,000-square-foot distribution center.
- Negotiated and acquired a $50K release and settlement agreement from AT&T for contract shortcomings, billing discrepancies, and other improprieties.
- Supported a company’s transition to an employee stock ownership plan (ESOP) and later to 100% employee owned. Was elected to the Board of Directors (BOD) by ESOP shareholders. Encouraged the BOD to consider succession planning and the setting of corporate goals—efforts led to restating and amending the ESOP as well as expanding the BOD.
- Reduced annual healthcare costs by ~10% and improved employee engagement by forming a health benefits committee and establishing a request for quotation (RFQ) process that empowered company shareholders to make decisions regarding their healthcare benefits.
- Organized and conducted educational seminars on TQM. Oversaw OSHA compliance and risk management.
- Negotiated, acquired, and administered a General Services Administration (GSA) contract forecasted to produce $550K/year in revenue from purchases by the federal government.
- Represented a company at tradeshows and conventions; interfaced with customers and vendors.
- Served as creative designer and co-editor for the 50 th anniversary edition of a corporate catalog; marketed and promoted a half- century of dedicated service to customers.
- Drove market penetration to meet monthly quotas up to $10K.
Business Analysis/Development Process Improvement Project Management Inventory Control Contract Negotiations, Product/Service Development Hardware/Software Installations & Upgrades WAN/LAN Design & Management Microsoft Desktop/Server OS Avaya IP Office Domains/Active Directory/Group Policy Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Customer Relationship Management (CRM) VMware Virtualization Technologies Cisco/Juniper Routers, Firewalls & Secure Appliances Various PC/Server/Thin Clients Barracuda Backup/Disaster Recovery/Web Filtering Meraki Wireless Networks WordPress CMS
Site Project Manager
Confidential, Arlington, VA
- Brought on to lead the implementation of a national Real-Time Location System Medical Center as part of a multi-site, multi-year effort to bring locating technologies together into a seamless ‘digital hospital,’ enabling efficient tracking of mobile assets, consumable assets, and sterile product processing while also ensuring patient safety, reducing costs, and streamlining workflow across the VA healthcare system.
- Kept the project ahead of schedule while addressing various inherited issues that had not been resolved for months.
Confidential, Christiansburg, VA
- Conducted technical feasibility studies for market penetration.
- Launched marketing programs based on potential opportunities for capturing market share.
- Provided valuable insights regarding business expansion into a new territory.
Information Technology Director
Confidential, Roanoke, VA
- Oversaw all IT activities in addition to aspects of operations, project/product management, human resources, vendor/customer relations, marketing, and process improvement for a HVAC/R distributor.
- Managed the ERP system, including daily administration, annual software updates, and user training.
- Maintained the company’s website, email services, and social media presence.
- Leveraged technology to grow revenue, reduce overhead, and enhance client service.
Regional Account Manager
Confidential, Richmond, VA
- Marketed, advised on, and sold voice, Internet, Frame Relay, MPLS, VoIP, SIP trunking, integrated services, managed services, and web hosting offerings territory.
Senior Account Manager
Confidential, Richmond, VA
- Promoted and sold a variety of technologies, including voice, ATM, Frame Relay, IP, web hosting/co-location, CPE, conferencing, wireless (PCS/MMDS), SONET Integrated On-Demand Network (ION) communications platform.