- I am an experienced PMP certified Sr. Program/Project Manager with global experience in development and implementation of information systems for commercial and governmental clients in various industries such as technology, finance/accounting/audit, mortgage, banking, legal, and transportation.
- My engagement history includes both Big 4 and government consulting. I am an experienced leader utilizing strengths of leadership, collaboration, problem solving, team building, planning, tracking, managing multiple tasks, follow through, and on - time delivery with focus on customer satisfaction to ensure business and technology solutions are aligned, secure, and compliant with organizations strategies.
- I successfully manage the implementation of technology solutions that meet and exceed business requirements while managing costs and organizational risks.
- I have extensive experience in fast-paced, ever changing environments and I have formal education in Project Management, Software Engineering, and Application Development.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Program & Project Management
- Agile/Scrum Project Management
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Program & Project Planning
- Tactical & Strategic Planning
- Performance Metrics & Tracking
- Budget Planning & Cost Control
- Enterprise Roll-Out Planning
- Process Improvement & Development
- Schedule Development & Tracking
- Business Process Reengineering
- Cross-functional Team Building
- Resource Planning
- Quality Assurance & Control
- Proposal Development
- Scope & Change Management
- Stakeholder Management
- Software & Database Development
- Risk & Issue Management
- PMO Best Practices
- Staff/Client/Vendor Management
- Financial Management & Reporting
- Application Development & Design
- Training Development
- Microsoft Project
- Project Portfolio Management (Microsoft Project Portfolio Server 2007
- Oracle Primavera v6.2 Client/Web
- CA Clarity)
- EMC Documentum and Content Management System
- MS Office Suite (Word
- Visio and Outlook)
- Portals (Microsoft SharePoint 2003 & 2010)
- Operating systems (Microsoft Windows XP/7
- Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard and IBM Lotus Notes 8.
Senior Program/Project Manager
- It is through this internally developed Funding system that PCAOB obtains funding for its operations by collecting the accounting support fee from equity issuers, investment company issuers, and securities brokers and dealers that are registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
- Managing all aspects of a strategic project to increase Business adoption of SharePoint 2010 for a division of over 200 users. Overall project responsibility includes overseeing the introduction of new governance and support procedures as well as working with technical and business teams to ensure high degree of adoption rates.
- Managing an initiative to enhance PCAOB’s Program Management Office (PMO) capabilities by developing project management best practices, guidelines, templates, and metrics.
- Managing enhancements to the PeopleSoft application based on requirements initiated from Finance, Benefits, and HR departments.
- Responsible for all aspects of Program and Project Management Life Cycle (PMLC) including such activities as: vendor contract negotiation and onboarding, budgeting and schedule creation, cost estimating, cross-functional resource planning, project championing, project reporting, stakeholders management, and customer interfacing.
- Responsible for resolving all program level risks/issues, acting as the point-of-contact for all sponsor related activities, and communicating the program scope and purpose to stakeholders and senior management.
Senior Program Manager
- Managed a highly complex enterprise-wide, multi-million dollar program to upgrade the law firm’s Document Management System (DMS) to the latest suite of Autonomy iManage products. This entailed program and matrix management of various cross-functional teams; promoting and coordinating stakeholder involvement; coordination of day-to-day program activities and communications; monitoring program schedule and budget; management status reporting; and vendor selection and contract negotiation/on-boarding/vendor staff management.
- Applied Project Management best practices by using the law firm’s defined Project Management Life Cycle (PMLC) as well as PMI best practices to plan, direct and manage project to ensure that program goals are accomplished within defined scope, time frame and funding parameters.
- Coordinated logistics of projects and resources towards meeting deadlines and maintained high level of quality as expected by senior management and key stakeholders. Conducted quality control and assurance on deliverables submitted by Vendor team and provided required feedback.
Senior Project Manager
- Managed a range of concurrent IT projects at the Confidential with regard to plans, specifications, contract compliance, budget, schedule, deliverables, and project issues/risks.
- As a member of the Program Management Office (PMO) team, developed project management standards, performance metrics, templates and coordinated process improvements for a division of 60+ employees.
- Collaborated with multiple cross-functional business units, technical teams, and 3rd party vendors to build consensus, define project priorities, scope, approach, resource requirements, and timing of project deliverables.
- Utilized technical expertise, planning and organizational skills to prioritize and manage the daily activities of the projects. Ensured that the right processes and tools were in place to facilitate effective communication and collaboration between mutually dependent teams and stakeholders.
- Monitored project progress against the work plan and provided required internal/external progress reporting and performance metrics.
- Worked with internal teams and external auditor to obtain ML2 appraisal for the corporate.
- Collaborated with Internal Controls division to ensure that their internal financial controls adhered to OMB Circular A-123 as part of the Department of Transportation’s (DOT) department wide compliance initiative. This resulted in an implementation of a COTS product (Oracle GRC solution) to effectively plan, model, report and analyze Governance, Risk, and Compliance activities.
Senior Program Manager
- Managed the TAX Document Management program that was consisted of several concurrent inflight projects to deliver different releases of a highly complex and time critical global web-based electronic document management system (DMS). This critical application for the Tax practice was the sole repository for all tax engagement documents. I was required to exercise many of my leadership and management skills, such as engagement/scope control, project estimation, staff management and issue resolution, client relationship building and satisfaction, general administration (i.e. budget, resource allocation, etc.), as well as motivational and coaching techniques to ensure an effective team environment. This entailed program and matrix management of various cross-functional teams across divisions, offshore vendor management (IBM Australia and PwC India), program assignment allocations, monitoring and controlling project plans, and promoting and coordinating stakeholder involvement.
- Utilized company's Project Management Life Cycle (PMLC) methodology to plan, direct and manage designated projects to ensure that project goals were accomplished within defined scope, time frame and funding parameters. Involved in all phases of program/project management life cycle from initiation through closeout. Managed major concurrent projects and responsible for multi-million dollar budgets.
- Collaborated with multiple business units, technical organizations, and 3rd party vendors to build consensus, defined program priorities, scope, approach, resource requirements, and timing of project deliverables.
- Managed internal/external teams utilizing strong interpersonal, mentoring, problem solving, decision-making and conflict resolution skills. Provided counseling, coaching and mentoring to junior project managers.
- Implemented IT project management governance, processes, standards, and tools to enhance PMO’s capabilities and maturity.
- Coordinated logistics of projects and resources towards meeting deadlines and maintained high level of quality as defined/expected by project stakeholders. Managed project activities to ensure continuous control over materials and products produced by team members.
Technical Project Manager
- Utilized the full Project Management Life Cycle (PMLC) to manage multiple concurrent cross-divisional projects in a matrix environment to deliver solutions in support of internal customers by utilizing company’s Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Involved in all phases of project management life cycle from initiation through closeout.
- Managed Business Technology Initiatives (BTI) from point of resource estimation through to systems implementation by utilizing leadership, scope, time, cost, quality, human resource, communications, and issue/risk management skills.
- Planed, defined and developed project plans, project status and forecast reports for project budget allocation and staffing purposes and maintained technical budget reports (actual to budget).
- As a member of the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Program Management Office (PMO) team, developed project management standards, resource scheduling processes, metrics, and coordinated process improvements for a division of 100+ employees. Collaborated with business process owners and Production Support teams within Finance, Enterprise Technology Services, Investments & Capital Markets, and Single Family divisions to ensure remediation or mitigation of identified deficiencies in the corporate financial applications and ensured that all components of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance were accommodated.
- Utilized the full Project Management Life Cycle (PMLC) to manage a large cross-functional, multi-departmental, multi-vendor team (local and offshore (India)) to implement a customized Reverse-Engineering methodology for the Single Family Legacy Elimination Analysis and Planning initiative at Confidential . This initiative provided funding to migrate several legacy systems to a new web-based Object Oriented Project Enterprise system. Developed and monitored a quality control program for deliverables received from the offshore team to ensure completeness and alignment with Confidential ’s established SDLC and delivery standards.
- Monitored User Expectations through user involvement and communication throughout the lifecycle of the project and worked closely with user groups, senior management team and the development staff to facilitate, track, and ensure that proper system documentation were created through usage of the implemented Reverse-Engineering methodology.
- Collaborated with business units, technical teams, and executive management to build consensus, define project priorities and plans, scope, approach, resource requirements, and timing of project deliverables.
- Participated in marketing efforts and cultivated existing relationships to identify new opportunities within Confidential for generation of additional revenue.
Technical Project Manager/Senior Software Engineer
- Utilized the full Project Management Life Cycle (PMLC) and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) to manage, develop, and deploy several Object Oriented application/system for several government agencies. Partnered with client’s business and technical teams, key stakeholders, and senior management to deliver several key projects such as:
- The multi-tiered and Object Oriented Budget Preparation System to assist Military Sealift Command (MSC) in budget planning and forecasting.
- The web-based and Object Oriented Integrated Booking System to assist Military Traffic Management Command (MTMC) to streamline the process of carrier payments, transportation bills and inter-government agencies billing.
- The database and an application interface to import and manipulate data from the Job Order Cost Accounting System and the Managerial Cost Accounting eTools System into a central Oracle database for the Financial Management System of the United States Air Force (USAF).