- I want to obtain a position that allows me to utilize my experience in engineering, project management, business development, strategic planning, and meeting facilitation.
- Business Analyst and Project Management
- Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Telecommunications and Information Technology
- Federal & State Government Contracting
- Healthcare Application Development
- Multi - million Dollar Proposal Development
- Managed a team of 15 personnel and subcontractors on a $4.3M project to successfully develop a web-centric WIC system for the State of Louisiana, Department of Health and Hospitals, Office of Public Health.
- The project was challenged to convert an existing browser-based system with an MS SQL Server database to an Oracle database, developing enhancements to customize the system for Louisiana requirements, adding interfaces to other public health systems (immunization and Medicaid), developing a single sign-on capability to other public health systems, and migrating data from legacy systems.
- Conducted a project kickoff meeting, prepared project plans (development, quality assurance testing, communications, document formatting requirements, change control, risk identification and mitigation, training), facilitated requirements gathering, performed gap analysis to validate USDA Functional Requirements Document (FReD) and state WIC requirements, created detailed project plans following SDLC and Agile methodologies, managed budgets, created and tracked the project schedule using MS Project.
- Analyzed and mitigated risk areas, directed development and test, created requirements traceability matrix, analyzed computing and network infrastructures, defined network performance enhancements, managed off-shore development of system reports, and defined requirements for future interface with EBT.
- Assigned work to and monitored team members by reading and testing their work and conducted performance reviews. Worked with customer management, an executive steering committee, and an external quality assurance consultant to ensure the project met state project management and HIPAA requirements.
- Conducted project reviews with team members and customer team members, created meeting agendas, and distributed meeting minutes using MS SharePoint to attendees other project personnel, corporate management, and customer management. Prepared and tracked contract changes.
- Conducted monthly project reviews with customer senior management.
- Provided program management support to 40 projects for the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC). Facilitated project reviews. Created a master project /subproject structure using MS Project and created budgets using MS Excel.
- Assisted Citibank in writing a winning proposal to implement a WIC EBT system in the New Mexico WIC system. The customer later decided not to proceed with development.
- Installed the New Mexico WIC system into the Cherokee Nation (Oklahoma) WIC program in the year 2000. Conducted acceptance test and developed training material and taught all users (100+).
- Identified $250M of federal government funding for new business opportunities in bio-terrorism and disease surveillance for a high technology company. Participated in CDC conferences addressing the NEDSS program and early HL7 implementation requirements.
- Designed and developed relational database systems using Visual FoxPro an accounts receivables system for a medical practice, job tracking for printing and manufacturing companies, and a case tracking system for judicial courts.
- Installed and operated EDI software for a computer materials supplier to obtain products from Microsoft and Confidential .
- Taught software engineering, computer networks, and project management (including SDLC) to seniors in computer engineering.
- Proposed, won competitively, and program managed a $70M contract to install and operate high performance computing centers .
- Managed the procurement and installation of high speed communications, and the procuring and outfitting of two facilities to accommodate personnel and equipment.
Systems Engineer; Project Manager
- Performed systems engineering for submarine sonar systems for the US Navy. Prepared and negotiated the systems specifications with the US Navy. Wrote system functional descriptions. Managed a department of seven systems engineers designing the sonar system and conducted personnel performance reviews.
- Obtained $30M of internal funding for the delivery systems product line, a strategic Confidential solution for complex financial transaction management across industry enterprises (banking, financial services, etc.). Managed the requirements definition phase with development laboratories in the US, Canada, and England, and banks in the US, Canada, England, and Germany.
- Program managed internal and vendor development of software programs for Wholesale Banking industry and electronic data interchange (X.12 Form 835 Health Care Claim Payment/Advice).
- On loan to the Confidential as an Adjunct Professor teaching computer engineering classes and working with minority engineering students.