- Organized, self - motivated, and success driven manager with 15+ years in the field and 11+ years managing people and projects in multiple development environments.
- Often designated as the key associate on highly visible projects by Senior Management and peers for technical and business knowledge of the system.
- Collaborates with others for input and is a decisive leader.
- Effectively communicates within all levels of the organization. Solid Management and Development experience with both large and small organizations.
- Managed Mission Critical Development Projects and Application Support
- Designed Application/Database using HOW (UML) that increased external users from 170 to over 300
- Designed Order Processing Application/Database that reduced training time and increased efficiency by 75%
- Builds relationships with internal and external users and develops applications that meet their requirements
- Managed Projects/Teams of 20+ associates across disciplines and internationally
- Created CMM Project Plan for Client-Server and Internet development
- Review/Creation of SOW and Functional/Technical Specifications with/for developers and users
- Consolidated and relocated application development and infrastructure saving company 20% in costs
- Responsible for Group/Application Budgets, application support, assigning/tracking tasks, reviews, and training
- Designed Web Application/Database with over 1200 user worldwide
- Rescued Failing Projects
Application Environments: Client-Server, Internet, IBM Mainframe, Windows NT/2000, Novell, Tandem, RS6000, UNIX
Databases/Files: Sybase, SQLAnywhere, Oracle, SQLServer, Gupta, Access, VSAM
Development Methodologies: RAD/JAD, RUP (Rational Unified Process), CMM, Agile
Software Development Manager
- Introduced and implemented a Development Process of doing application design and design review prior to coding of applications. Using flowcharts and word documents to describe the visual and non-visual design flow.
- Worked with business support team in building a Project Calendar to schedule work, prioritize projects, and track effort development effort . Review of Open Issues / Project Calendar on daily basis with Operations Management to set daily/weekly priorities for development team. Completing more work in 3 months than in previous 9 months.
- Designed Web Portal for Call Center Operations Manager to view messages sent and statistics by Hospital and department within Hospital
- Working with DBA Designed/Reviewed all Database Changes to insure tables were created with Primary/Foreign Keys, fields were added to end of tables, creation of reference tables to reduce application hard coding, and efficient use of triggers/procedures.
- Used weekly team meetings to disseminate information and ideas among team members to foster teamwork, improve development skills, and spread of knowledge within development team. Worked with junior team members in SQL and database skills, as well as had senior developers review work before QA testing.
ConfidentialSoftware Development Manager
- Performed System Study/Gap Analysis for an office product supplier reviewing existing processes/systems. Created Functional Specifications for new Billing, Shipping, Invoice, Accounting and Inventory Management Systems.
- Other projects reviewing on-line ecommerce sites, Point of Sale Systems, customer tracking systems for various companies
Software Development Manager
- Designed new web based application for Institutional Money Managers for the Securities Department Operations group. Performed Business/Systems Analysis and Design while creating Functional Specifications using Use Cases and Business Rules
- Training of Business users on how to create a Functional Specification Document for an Application/System change request using JAD principles
- Setup Rules and Procedures for turnover of Functional Specification by Business Area, creation of Technical Specifications and management of Project Plans by the Technology Group. Introduced the RUP Methodology and CMM standards to allow the Business to manage the Technology group for application development projects.