- IT Financial Planning and Analyst Professional with several years experience as finance/accounting manager and financial analyst. Well versed in IT business expense management, including CapEx planning & depreciation schedules, forecasting and budgeting.
- Adept in strategic business planning, IT project cost controllership, business case evaluations, ROI, NPV. Created modeling to forecast IT capex/opex project costs, and ROI template to evaluate major spending return.
- Experienced in working cross - functionally, managing project teams and providing input as a Subject Matter Expert to Project Review Boards and senior management.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Coordinate IT annual audit
- Bottoms-up budgeting
- Extensive Accounting & GAAP experience
- Trend & Variance Analysis
- Budgeting & Reporting
- Portfolio Management/ROI/NPV
- Financial Governance
- Period End Closing
- Oracle ERP & Hyperion Planning
- Managed total IT department budget, including end-to-end financial/accounting review, annual budget, monthly, quarterly forecast, headcount reporting and period end close.
- Established, improved and educated IT teams on financial policies and procedures.
- Worked closely with corporate FP&A and CIO team to created annual plan including built financial models, restructured and created new departments within IT for Infrastructure and Application teams.
- Enhanced and created newly formatted monthly and quarterly financial results and review them with IT managements and corporate FP&A.
- Reviewed all IT-Application SaaS licenses and created recurring schedule for annual budgeting.
- Established Project Cost Sheet to capture true project costs including internal and external labor and ROI analysis.
Project Controller/ Finance Manager
- Acted as IT portfolio controller and supported 80 projects, including capex/opex evaluation of programs, quarterly refresh and monthly close.
- Provided financial support, analysis and coordination for all business planning initiatives for IT portfolio, including preparation of period-end actual/forecast reports for capex/opex spending.
- Managed development of annual operating expense and capital budgets for the IT projects portfolio.
- Provided analysis for all IT projects, including the capitalization of internal and external labor in accordance with Confidential 's labor capitalization policy, SOP 98-1.
- Refined IT processes and tools to monitor spending and facilitate the prioritization of project. Oversaw development of business case and return on investment (ROI) analysis for all major initiatives.
- Collaborated with Program Management Office (PMO) to implement analysis and reporting of IT projects, presented relevant financials to the Project Review Board (PRB) on a monthly basis.
- Successfully enhanced planning and period-end process to 99% forecast to actual accuracy.
- Effectively established a finance business partnership with project managers and IT functional leads as well as the Corporate Accounting and FP&A teams.
- Monitored project lifecycle and checkpoints for financial impacts.
IT Project Controller
- Supported all financial activities for IT Invest/Project (discretionary) spending).
- Member of the Finance, Planning and Analysis team that coordinated monthly project financial meeting for portfolio steering committee and financial re-balancing.
- Review IT SOW related to IT project external labor cost and managed accounting of non-GAAP restructuring budget.
- Reviewed and confirmed consolidated balance sheet during month-end and year closing.
- Proactively researched and documented conclusions on accounting issues with appropriate references to relevant GAAP pronouncements.
- Completed complex account reconciliation and journal entries in support of the monthly close process; reviewed reconciliation and journal entries prepared by staff accountants.
- Interacted with various levels of management, internal and external audit teams, and participation in cross-functional projects.
- Coordinated annual CIP audit for Internally Developed Software.
Sr. Financial Analyst
- Supported all financial activities including 3-year Strategic Business Plan (SBP), annual budget, quarterly forecast and period-end close.
- Reviewed period-end accruals for accuracy and SOX compliance. Managed monthly reporting & forecasting including variance analysis for base and discretionary spending.
- Coordinated with PMO team all financial governance activities for all IT projects.
- Provided monthly performance monitoring of projects' actuals and forecast against the budget. Acted as SAP super-user to implement Internal Order for opex and capex projects.
- Responsible for all financial tracking and reporting for the global IT project portfolio.
- Assisted sales tax team with annual Texas and California audits for IT purchases.
- Performed and presented monthly risk/opportunity analysis to leadership.
- Worked with global controllers to facilitate their PER (Purchase Equipment Requisition) with ROI (Return on Investment) and NPV (Net Present Value) supplement.
- Acted as Hyperion Essbase super user to review end users' reports.
- Active as SAP super user to assist conversion from legacy system to SAP ERP