- Project Manager with 7.3 years of diverse experience in functions for complex software projects in the Healthcare & Finance (Credit Application Processing) verticals through all stages of the Software Development Life Cycle, Project Management and Interaction Design with emphasis on Business Analysis, Gap Analysis and Quality Assurance of application software and product testing.
- Creative, analytical and determined Project Manager with 7.3 years of experience including Project management, Business analysis, Software Development and Testing.
- Project management experience involves delegating responsibilities, budgeting, designing time schedules and work breakdown structures, preparing weekly status reports for management, communicating and presenting the reports, and resolving issues and conflicts.
- PMP ® Certified Oct 2012.
- Possess an H1B visa.
- Strong experience in MS Project.
- Extensive experience in managing scope creep.
- Extensive use of Microsoft SharePoint for project management and project file archiving
- Experience included directing and working in agile and scrum environment.
- Well versed in the entire Software Development Life Cycle (Agile, Waterfall, and Spiral)
- As a Project Manager, oversaw strategic IT development projects through entire lifecycle including initiation, planning, execution and closure.
- Proficient in transforming functional requirements into technical specifications.
- Comprehensive understanding of the Organizational Framework that help to map the AS - IS and TO-BE model using the GAP Analysis and plan and monitor effective approach to build/buy solutions to the business problems/needs/opportunities.
- Excellent Documentation skills to generate Business Requirement Document (BRD), Functional Specification Document (FSD), Technical Specification Document (TSD) and Project Charter, Risk Analysis.
- Created Test-Cases and Test-Plans, hands-on experience of different QA Testing Methods including Functional Testing, System Testing, GUI Testing, Black Box Testing, UAT, and Integration Testing.
- Individual with strong coordinating, organizational and interpersonal skills to work in diverse work settings
- An excellent detail oriented team player with an ability to work in time-sensitive and high pressure environments
- Strong ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize them
- Diligent worker, self-starter, quick learner and a consistent performer with minimal direction and guidance
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate appropriately in business and technical situations at all levels
- Willingness to learn new concepts and ability to articulate alternative solutions and reasoning behind the alternatives
- Able to communicate effectively with multifunctional teams, programmers, and technical staff at all levels
- Possess strong analytical skills and problem management skills when handling complex business and technical environments
- Excellent negotiation skills when handling projects issues, scope, schedule change, budget, risks, resources etc.
Business Modelling Tools: Microsoft Visio, MS Project
Languages: Visual Basic, COBOL, Micro Focus COBOL, PL-1
Defect Tracking Tools: Mercury Test Director, Jira
Methodologies: Waterfall Method, Agile
Microsoft Tools: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS VSS
Mainframe: COBOL, JCL, CICS, ADSO, PL-1
Mainframe Tools: Changeman, Endeavour, Intertest, File-Aid, SPUFI, CA-7
Operating Systems: MS Windows, MVS, UNIX
Web Authoring: HTML, XML, VB Script, Java Script, Front Page
Databases: MS Access, DB2, IDMS
Other Tools: Probe, Transact, SDS, Microfocus NetExpress, Sharepoint
Environment: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, Citrix Environment, SharePoint, EDA Tools - Probe, Transact, SDS, Hook, Java, Groovy, SQL Express 2005, Microfocus Netexpress, Microfocus COBOL, Mainframe Technologies - COBOL, JCL, File Aid, Changeman, CA-7, Waterfall & Agile Methodologies, Jira.
- Managed project and inter-project resource plans, maintained project budget.
- Used MS Project to manage schedules, deadlines and resources and collaborate on the project.
- Coordinated with various onshore clients and customers to ensure smooth transition of the new process to the various impacted teams.
- Participated in cross-functional teams that address strategic business issues involving CRM.
- Effectively communicated the project goals, requirements and deliverables through clear, concise and comprehensive SOW presentation to the key project stakeholders.
- Managed projects throughout the Software Management Delivery Lifecycle for new product development applications using the Comprehensive Delivery Process (CDP) Methodology
- Have acted as the Scrum Master, organizing and coordinating meetings with the help of scrum works pro.
- Reviewed and verified the already created User Stories in each sprint cycle also known as Business requirements document based on the inputs received.
- Develop, deliver Agile training and practice what's preached - Scrum, XP, User Stories, team development, resource allocation and project launch, iteration and release retrospective.
- Developed and managed data mining procedures and methodologies to benchmark revenue, profit levels, exceptions trends and thereby providing insight into business metrics driven by specific criteria to support all functional areas of the business by providing continuous intelligence for optimal decision-making purposes.
- Built templates and dashboards for customized views of the data specific to each group and line of business.
- Utilized the Jira Bug management tool to mange the current programming bugs.
- Facilitated several discussions and meetings between business users, developers and QA analysts
- Validated best business practices and rules to implement with the new model along with appropriate user approvals and sign-offs.
- Served as a liaison for cross-functional knowledge transfer between developers and business users
- Assisted in the execution of projects and enhancements at various EDA clients across multiple geographies.
- Provided application support and maintenance for Transact & Probe base systems installed at various EDA clients.
- Participated in projects that are related to system enhancement, order builds and worked with Implementation team members helping and testing of Probe & Database Manager system for ABN AMRO, Netherlands.
- Attended project review sessions with PMO and team leaders for project scope change requirements, resource issues, risks, project document updates/changes, & daily communication with various EDA clients.
- Identified areas of risks assessment, monitoring and having controls in place
- Ensured business application satisfied user and management expectations.
Onshore Project Manager
Environment: Share Point, MS Project, ASP.NET, Oracle, HTML, XML, CSS, SFTP, ConnectDirect, Mainframe Technologies - COBOL, JCL, VSAM, Changeman, File Aid, CA-7, Waterfall methodologies, Mercury Test Director.
- Responsible for planning the project strategy and work, in close coordination with individual Project Lead’s.
- Created project plan and assess work-effort estimates required to accomplish various phases of the Project.
- Tracked the project in terms of Cost, Timelines, Staffing and Risks.
- Managed software system development and integration projects through all phases of project life cycle - analysis, design, development, testing, implementation and post production support.
- Responsible for analysis and management of customer expectations for projects.
- Reviewed and helped define Comprehensive Delivery Process (CDP) standards along with the budgeting process.
- Scheduled and facilitated daily stand up meetings at same time and same location each day.
- Assisting the technical team in their design and development tasks.
- Reviewed the project work of 15 employees comprising of Business Analyst, Project Leads, Developers, Testers.
- Participated in cross-functional teams that address strategic business issues involving CRM.
- Facilitated and Managed JAD sessions with Business Directors, IT Directors, Business & IT Project managers, Developers and Testing Teams and other SMEs.
- Worked closely with the QA team during the functionality testing and helped in the user acceptance testing.
- Created the communication matrix and participated in the risk analysis meeting with senior management including business directors, vice presidents across various teams.
- Facilitated issue resolution of defects uncovered through testing.
- Participated in ad hoc testing of system interfaces with Program Participants.
- Allocated resources for individual project tracks.
- Worked in close coordination with the client team, end users, third party vendors and project resources.
Environment: MS Project, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Citrix Environment, Mainframe Technologies - COBOL, PL-1, CICS, JCL, VSAM, Changeman, File-Aid, Waterfall methodologies, Mercury Test Director.
- Developed and managed the configuration management plan, established risk management process and metrics for the deliverables.
- Monitored the progress of the project status with respect to schedules and effort estimates.
- Coordinated and prioritized outstanding defects and enhancement/system requests based on business requirements, allowing sufficient time frame to ensure accuracy.
- Understood the Business Logic, User Requirements and test-objectives to develop unit and system level Test plans & Test cases.
- Interacted with client SME’s in analysis of the test cases and test conditions for correctness and completeness.
- Created WBS, negotiated Triple Constraints, wrote RFP and evaluated proposals.
- Conducted weekly status meetings after collecting status of development progress.
- Played a substantial role in defining processes and in gathering business and functional requirements.
- Developed and maintained Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Conducted JAD sessions to allow different stakeholders to communicate their perspectives with each other, resolve any issues, and come to an agreement quickly.
Environment: MS Word, MS Power Point, MS Excel, MS VSS, Mainframe Technologies - COBOL, JCL, IDMS, ADSO, Endeavour, Intertest, Waterfall methodologies.
- Worked as a team lead to support the design and implementation of various enhancements to the IMMS system.
- Responsible for writing technical specifications and developing complex programs.
- Developed and maintained Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM)
- Conducted reviews and Quality Assurance of the enhancements.
- Coding complex programs/modules as per specs in COBOL & ADSO.
- Impact analysis and modifying of database records, work records and Map records for changing/adding new functionality in the batch and online applications.
- UTC & data preparation for testing of various modules.