- A senior level project manager with proven ability to combine broad - based technology, business and financial expertise in developing and implementing corporate-wide short and long-term technology solutions.
- Experienced managing large teams in multiple projects in a variety of technical environments and industries.
- Excellent communicator coupled with the ability to actively manage change.
- Solid technical skills with significant experience managing systems in complex heterogeneous environments.
- Extensive business skills with experience managing business unit financials.
- Respected leader, able to lead technical teams focused on meeting business directed goals.
- Maintaining currency with changes in the industry through professional affiliations and .
- Deep experience in managing product requirements, market analysis, product adoption, and integrating with product development organization.
- Unique competency in translating business issues into customer solutions including opportunity identification, requirements development, software development management, delivery, support, and analysis.
- Unique capability to understand capabilities of technology to solve a particular business problem or create business opportunity.
- Full lifecycle experience in scoping, designing, developing, deploying, and supporting enterprise scale business application and business intelligence software, using both waterfall and iterative development methodologies.
- Specialize in creating cross-functional, cross-organizational teams with the customer to identify, prioritize, and design solutions for business requirements.
- Business Intelligence: Expert functional and analytical skills translating business intelligence into business action through online behavioral analysis.
- To lend insight to highly ambiguous and sensitive business problems.
- Industry expertise: In-depth understanding of government procurement processes and technology integration challenges. Experience managing clients, developing and documenting business needs.
- On highly complex projects with rapid results.
- Advanced communication skills across all media: email, issue papers, presentations, and web content.
- Capital planning and investment control (CPIC)
- Performance planning, evaluation, budgeting, and quantitative analysis
- Cost benefit analysis, integrated baseline review (IBR), operational analysis reviews
- Information security policy, programs and C&A documentation
- CIO enterprise PMO and portfolio management functions
- Support for new enterprise-wide initiatives including all documentation
- Strategic planning
CORE COMPETENCIES INCLUDE:
- Strategic Planning
- IT and Business Process Reengineering
- Program Office and Project Management
- Software Process Improvement
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- CMMI, PMI, ISO900, Six Sigma
- IT Merger and Systems Integration
- Electronic Commerce Strategy / Development
- Procurement & Contract Management
- Technology/Business Linkage Planning
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- HIPAA Compliance
- 508 Compliance
- Tasked with managing the delivery of the new Confidential 2.0 eligibility system for the Confidential .
- Hands - on involvement in every phase of the software design, development and implementation.
- Responsible for the integration of the legacy state eligibility system ( Confidential ) with the new Health Care Reform initiative (HIX)
- Manage a cross-section team of subject matter experts across different agencies to re-assess the existing agency-wide Confidential solutions, perform gap analysis and deliver functionality matrix to map functionalities delivered within existing silo solutions to an enterprise-wide solution.
- Provide and implement a project plan that outlines the remediation of existing solutions, and integration of new systems and technologies.
- Directly manage 24 direct reports across 6 initiatives totaling about consisting of Systems Analysts, Developers, and Technical Writers in support of approx. 25 Enterprise Business Support System (EBSS) applications supporting the Clinical Trials Repository systems.
- Mentor, train, and develop project team leads and oversee and manage 6 project teams performing a combination of new application development and maintenance support (O & M).
- Work with federal staff to identify, prioritize, and resource new development and maintenance projects and oversee the complete Software Development Life Cycle and project management activities. Propose project plans and resource staffing levels.
- Interview, integrate, and manage roll-on / roll-off personnel and teams for new projects through Confidential ’s Office of Information Systems and Technology.
- Facilitate and manage workflow across other Federal and contractor functional teams.
- Led onsite efforts to prepare for and implement CMMI Level 2 audits.
- Responsible for staffing, performance, and resource scheduling; maintenance releases and project deliverables; CMMI Level 2 adherence; and formal status reporting.
- Provide weekly, bi-weekly, and ad hoc status reports to Federal managers on all program activity; supply metrics to support governmental budget planning.
- Provide hands-on assistance, consultation, and technical guidance to teams as required.
- Oversee and direct iterative and incremental SDLC.
Key technologies and software used: Oracle; JAVA/J2EE; HP Quality Center, Tangasol, JBOSS Application Server
Senior Project Manager
- Managed the development, implementation and roll - out of an agency-wide system for managing the registration of all applications and systems within the agency.
- This system acts as the single source of truth on all systems within the agency.
- The scope of the project included the re-assessment of existing agency-wide solutions, performing a gap analysis and a functionality matrix to map functionalities delivered within existing silo solutions to an enterprise-wide solution.
- Provided and implemented a project plan that outlined the remediation of existing solutions, and the retirement of non-functional applications.
- Managed the implementation and roll-out of the Confidential Engineering Network.
- This is an agency-wide system used by Confidential Office of Chief Engineer to gather, and share Lessons Learned. This system also incorporated the Communities of Practice and Search functionalities.
- Managed the development and implementation of the Confidential Budget Execution System. This system is used agency-wide to manage budget execution activities, and integrated these activities with the legacy SAP system.
- Balanced strategic client issues facing the integration challenge with oversight of day to day tactics to deliver agency-wide solutions across all the centers.
- Acted as the central point of communication in all phases of the project for the internal team, highlighting and escalating completion of milestones and/or risks to senior management .
- Responsible for driving strategy and development of business requirements for major agency-wide systems.
- Developed and delivered solutions that assess, plan, design, and implement technology solutions for enterprise wide heterogeneous environments to meet business requirements. These solutions included federated Search, enterprise-wide Identity Management, Confidential -12 implementation, Change and configuration management, service level and problem management, capacity and performance management and risk management.
Technical Delivery Manager
- Managed a team of architects and subject matter experts to design and implement the underlying solution.
- Also managed a delivery team responsible for the automation of the entire enrollment process; this included HIPAA compliance checking of 834s from external vendor; converting the X12 834 to XML and applying business rules.
- Responsible for the management of several custom development efforts related to the implementation of Trizetto s Facets 4.5 product. Key migration activities include conversion and migration of data; hosted and in - house environment management; defining data capture and business processes; disaster recovering planning and implementation; change management
- Facilitated Joint Application Development process with client to analyze client business needs, identify system requirements, and design software solutions. Managed software design and technical architecture of large complex system, using project management and planning skills to minimize development time and maximize client acceptance
Senior Project Manager
- Established direction, set priorities, resolved issues, developed strategic business plans, executed contracts and mentored and motivated a staff of over 40 subject matter experts.
- Defined an implemented a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) within the Comprehensive Minority Biomedical Branch (CMBB) application that enabled the application to provide on - demand services to client application within the Confidential enterprise framework.
- Implemented infrastructure components such as BPEL Process Manager, Enterprise Service Bus and Web Services Manager.
- Defined and exposed application components as Confidential based services and interfaces.
- Implemented a discovery mechanism for deployed services; defined and implemented infrastructure components to provide component integration, secure message delivery.
- Implement a BPEL solution to provide to create an adaptable approach for sequencing processing
- Logical design and implementation of the underlying Business Object Model using Enterprise Architect. Technologies used: Java Business Objects, Spring, Hibernate, Servelets, XML, JRUN, XML & XSLT.
- Conceived and implemented project management processes and developed project management best practices to increase project profitability by 25% and increased customer satisfaction. Established the Project Management Office (PMO) for consistent application of processes. Established metrics for the monitoring of project performance
Senior Project Manager
- Technical Manager tasked with implementing a framework within the new IRS Modernized e - Business Environment to facilitate the migration of core applications from the Legacy environment to the new strategic e-Business environment.
- Led various assignments within Modernized e-Business Infrastructure to define the Technical and Application Infrastructure for the new User ID Registration and Password Synchronization and Single Sign-on Initiative.
- Responsible for defining the requirements of a new security infrastructure including hardware and software infrastructure network topology and PKI implementation.
- Responsible for architecture designed to separate the application into functional tiers in order to facilitate the reuse of components. This includes defining the business domain problems and requirements. Work with different Business and Operational Units within the organization to identify platform domain constraints.
- Successfully drove consensus on business needs across diverse stakeholders, including product teams, geographies, and functional areas.
- Led planning efforts on major revision of internal application toolset, including identifying competitors, feature gaps, customer pain points, and defining market positioning, communication strategy, and critical business requirements. Led effort to develop strategy and curriculum for full array of available data warehouses and analytical tools.
- Led team of eighteen analysts in detailed system design. Worked with client through joint design sessions to refine requirements.
- Analyzed client needs for external system interfaces and data replication. Wrote winning technical and cost proposal.
- Facilitated Joint Application Development process with client to analyze client business needs, identify system requirements, and design software solutions. Managed software design and technical architecture of large complex system, using project management and planning skills to minimize development time and maximize client acceptance.
Senior Development Manager
- Technology Manager tasked with defining the technology infrastructure and product development strategies for a scalable multi - threaded Global Commercial Real Estate Analytics Engine. This framework provides the core architectural mechanisms that will be used by other applications that will supports a internet-based analytical engine with over 50 private-labeled partners spanning multiple industries.
- Hired into a project that had slipped dates several times dropped functionality from scope and had yet to deliver. Implemented and executed a project one year remediation plan that turned the project around and provided a road-map to deployment. Key elements of the plan included an in-depth functionality gap analysis, decision matrix and a re-designed solution roadmap.
- Managing over 30 development and infrastructure support staff.
- Designed and developed the software platform, database design and architecture, proprietary middleware frameworks and user-interface design, and built the corporate and production infrastructures.
- Set standards for coding style, documentation, and development and release methodologies.
- Perform comprehensive assessment of the proposed project, including development processes, system architecture, and staffing-related issues.
- Also facilitate architectural review of key vendor systems.
- Upgrade staff by hiring key "A" level technical leadership, with expertise in application architecture and development processes, and experience with distributed, component-based, and web-enabled systems.
- Influence project reorganization into cross-functional feature teams, which allowed the integration of analysts and developers, and focused staff on delivering functionality in the system, rather than on interim artifacts.
- Implemented disciplined load and stress testing procedures.
- Acquired load testing software. Established dedicated stress testing environment.
- Developed load testing plans and test scripts. Facilitate rigorous off-site testing. Increased load capacity of system by over 300%.
- Introduce disciplined process for managing build, QA, and migration logistics.
- Developed Quality Assurance plan, and implemented QA activities including design reviews, code reviews, and component testing.
- Implemented incident tracking system to facilitate QA process.
- Developed intranet site to facilitate project communication and status tracking.
- Focused on finding accretive and complimentary products and solutions to extend our offering and mature our product line. Built cohesive partnerships with appropriate vendors to accommodate tactical needs.
- Define and enforce corporate electronic usage policies and aligned technology solutions to match business objectives while effectively controlling costs and meeting timelines
Senior Project Manager
- Led the most strategic, highest business impact, client - server to web and mainframe to web conversion projects. Reduced project cycle time from eighteen to four months with 30% less staff, 60% reduced maintenance costs.
- .Managed and spearheaded the re-architecting and re-engineering of the Benefit Calculator application to create a 3-tier application using the Struts Framework.
- This required innovation of all rules within the rulebase, and enabled users to dynamically change entries within the rulebase using WebSphere Application server. Technical skills required for this project are Java, EJB, Java Servelets, XML, HTML, DHTML, SQL, JSP, JDBC, Oracle 8i, NETDYNAMICS, WEBSPHERE, and Sybase
- Initiated the creation of a "Technology Task Force", comprised of end-users IS staff, and senior management, to ensure the needs of the company are being met.
- This involved an in-depth analysis of existing solutions, and providing a framework for remediation, retirement and realignment of existing solutions to meet strategic needs.
- Conducted comprehensive industry technology analysis to provide senior management principals with strategic plan for company-wide technology upgrade.
- Project Leader / Systems Architect responsible for the design and implementation of many web-based applications within the FESCO Intranet framework.
- Responsible for the design and implementation of a new web-based FESCO Health & Welfare Security System.
- This system was used within the corporation to manage user access to all application within the Health & Welfare Division. Technical skills required were; Java, EJBeans, Servlets, SQL, JSP, JDBC, Oracle 8i, XML, HTML, DHTML, NET DYNAMICS, WEBSPHERE, and Sybase.
- Redesigned and implemented the new Phillip Morris Health & Welfare ARREARS Web site to allow users to perform Manual Adjustments, Search for information on different participants. Designed and implemented the new Health & Welfare BENEFITS TOOLS web site. This Website provides users three different tools for retrieving and manipulation Participant BENFITS, TUITION & COMPUTER and ELIGIBILITY information.
- Responsible for writing Java Servlets and EJB components to perform Business Logic on the WebSphere Application Server, and store and retrieve data from the Oracle database. Writing Oracle Triggers to ensure data integrity.
- Involved in the design and implementation of a C++ application to perform nightly load of data to the Sybase and Oracle databases.
- Responsible for converting the front-end code from Visual Basic 3.0 to Visual Basic 5.0. and changing from the use of Initialization files to Registry entries. Responsible for changing the Data Access method from DAO to using ODBC-Direct and RDO.
- Changed all 16-bit API calls to 32-bit API calls, and implemented class modules to encapsulate business rules. Incorporating dynamic-link libraries (DLL) into the applications. Responsible for building ActiveX Clients that use calling standards provided by the COM specification and its ActiveX incarnation to invoke ActiveX server components.
- Creating an automation server that exposes objects, properties, methods and events. Also involved in the re-engineering of the database components from Sybase 16-bit platform using Dblib to Sybase 32-bit platform using ODBC and Open Client.
- Involved in building an integrated data warehouse environment for performing Year 2000 detailed analysis and testing.
- Systems consultant responsible for the design, coding and implementation of the following subsystems in a Client/Server and Mainframe environment.
- An automated Target and Prospecting System (TAPS) which interfaces with all systems within the company.
- This system allows the underwriters and the Marketing group within Confidential to add, delete, block and update accounts being targeted by different companies with Confidential .
- The Executive Management Information System (EMIS).
- This system is used primarily by senior management to provide corporate level premium, contacts, and submissions information on all accounts and brokers.