- Corporate Project, Process and Strategy professional with a passion for accepting and delivering top level improvements and capitalizing on strategic opportunities.
- Collaborate with senior level executives on a daily basis to formulate, evaluate, and execute strategies for growth and transformational projects.
- Proven self - starter with excellent communication and leadership skills demonstrated through the management of both internal and external projects, along with success in gaining and developing relationships.
- Reported directly to the EVP of Strategic and Process Improvement (as part of Chairman/CEO’s Office), facilitated the formulation, analysis, and execution of the Corporate Strategy and Initiatives with a focus on the Turnaround and Growth of a major publicly traded Intermodal & Logistics firm with annual revenues in excess of $1.5B.
- Created the Enterprise Project Management Office within the Operations organization reporting to the enterprise COO to support all Pacer Global Companies, and Business Units.
- Established consistent Project Management, Project Governance and Project Portfolio Management processes allowing for accurate reporting of project metrics and KPI.
- Established Process Improvement Methodology to insure high quality project delivery.
- Implemented a Lean Six Sigma process consistent with industry best practices for ongoing process improvement.
- Oversaw the facilitation and completion of Strategic Planning initiatives and financial forecasts.
- Ensured that the Pacer Enterprise PMO best practices were established and adhered to for all projects, that all projects are complete on time, within budget, and with the highest-level of customer satisfaction.
- Supported the strategic planning process identifying areas for investment and development. Results summarized in both the Strategic Plan and the 3 year plan presented to the Board of Directors.
- Developed and led Pacer’s Operations Excellence department including implementation and training of Lean Six Sigma tools and methodologies to manage complex, cross-functional process improvement programs and initiatives to simplify, standardize, and automate business process driving out waste, eliminating non-value added manual touches and improving SG&A scalability by streamlining workflow and eliminating defects in Pacer’s value chain.
- Completed the building out of Process Improvement/Operations Excellence as a Pacer Core Competency. Drove the development of a Pacer program enabling and empowering Pacer associates throughout the organization to identify problem areas/process improvement opportunities. This included teams needed to identify the root cause, then design, implement and measure the solution.
- Established and refined metrics and scorecard reporting at the project and executive levels.
- Established road-maps, strategic plans, and business process mapping to help standardize the project management office.
- Created the Enterprise Project Management Office within Information Technology organization reporting to the enterprise CIO
- Established consistent Project Management, Project Governance and Project Portfolio Management processes allowing for accurate reporting of project metrics.
- Established and facilitated the adoption of enterprise Demand Management, Resource Management and Release Management processes to insure high quality project delivery.
- Hired and Centralized all Project Managers, Project Analysts, and E-Commerce Product Analysts on one team to facilitate better project delivery.
- Implemented a consistent process for business requirements utilizing the Telelogic DOORs application and methodology.
- Delivered millions in realized value to a major insurance carrier through successful implementation of countless projects.
- Oversaw the facilitation and completion of Project Methodology, and Compliance Audits
Senior IT Project Manager
- Presided over the full life-cycle project management for company implementation of Checkfree I Series and Ebill products.
- Managed the system integration of Nationwide’s Billing systems with new policy administration systems using a team of FTE, contractors, and offshore resources.
- Managed the creation and deployment of a new Billing Account Management website using .NET, C#, and .ASP technologies, utilizing data from a DB2 mainframe, running CSC Cogen Payrec, managing 3.5 million billing accounts.
- Successfully managed projects for National Money Processing system, Bankcard, and OTEFT to accept 36,000 policy money payments per month and direct those payments to the National Billing Platform’s PeopleSoft accounts, by changing our corporate accounting transaction strategy equaling 35.4 million in monthly premium income.
- Presided over the full life-cycle project management activities including project definition, forecasting, work plans, schedules, resource plans, budgets, cost and benefit, program tracking and analysis, meeting facilitation, and reporting from inception through completion utilizing NIKU/Clarity and Microsoft Project Software.