Over 16 years’ experience as an IT professional in the financial industry in mainframe development and project management
- Experience in all areas of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), including requirements gathering, designing, coding, testing, and implementation
- Proficient at gathering and documenting requirements, assessing business objectives, and managing all stages of software development and implementation
- Able to build working relationships with wide range of coworkers in a team environment using communication skills
- Well organized, with proven ability to multi - task, prioritize workload, work independently or in a team
COBOL, COBOL II, CA: Eztrieve Plus, JCL, CA-7, CA-Roscoe, Endevor, Changeman, CA-Librarian, CICS, File-aid, ISPF, IAM/VSAM, Connect Direct, Infoman, SyncSort, Expeditor(TSO/CICS), MQ Series, SSIS, MS SQL, Visual Basic .NET
User Application Software: Microsoft Office, Visio, Project, Share Point, Lotus Notes and Outlook
Platform Operation Systems: Windows 7, OS/390 and Z/OS
- Managing 1.3M software enhancement project with 70+ onshore/offshore resources delivering 5 new environments, manage client’s customization requirements to ensure scope is controlled, assisted client’s with new set up activities and, all within 7 months and within budget.
- Both large and small scale project completed with client satisfaction, agreed upon scope delivered on-time and on-budget within 5% variance.
- Coached and mentored peer Project Managers and project teams by sharing my knowledge and encouraging growth.
- I achieve growth by empowering them, listening to all ideas, assign accountability, and show appreciation for the effort
- Delegate tasks, evaluate performance and provide mentoring to members of the senior and intermediate groups
- Participate and co-lead of a disaster recovery incident that consisted of restoring data and re-posting the batches to return system to an online state
- Perform all aspects of the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Enhance and develop net new efficient applications
- Ensure availability and connectivity to Mainframe production services as an “on-call” analyst
- Subject matter expert for a number of areas within the Student Loan business including payment processing and loan origination
- Enhance my understanding of marketing by integrating an e-mail appliance with a SQL database application that creates and send daily e-mail campaigns
- Provide design analysis, process mapping, generate work quotes for system development projects
- Design and integrate data extracts for multiple platforms