Visio, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office, Rational Jazz, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Microsoft SharePoint 2010, UML.
Confidential, New York, NY
- Define, through formal Project Management requirements gathering processes, all project management requirements for Confidential for worldwide coverage of US General Elections, Coordinate 281 international video satellite feeds, audio links and studio facilities for 26 foreign broadcasters.
- Update these broadcast organizations several times daily and communicated status to customers via multiple communication channels on the status of their feed packages.
- Document and organize all requirements in detail and communicate to stakeholders in real time.
- Constructed interactive Extranet site via SharePoint 2010 providing updated dashboards of KPIs, status, conflicts and general status of complex project elements.
- As Project Manager, negotiate, develop and execute standardized test and acceptance procedures.
- Wrote and executed User Acceptance Testing (UAT) on all satellite and uplink facilities.
- Act as agent and advocate for these broadcasters.
- Develop communications strategy to keep all stakeholders informed on the status of their project.
- Hold daily morning briefings via audio and video teleconferencing to alert clients of progress on their requirements.
- Provide end - of-day communications summation of progress and status via e-mail.
Confidential, New York, NY
Sr. Project Manager
- In - depth interactive user requirements gathering for multiple clients, including JAD sessions, stakeholder s interviews, workshops, User groups, and one-on-one interviews.
- Developed comprehensive communications strategy to keep clients apprised of daily status of e-commerce projects.
- Acted as Consultant/customer advocate throughout the SDLC; provided on-time finished documentation products that met requirements and pleased stakeholders throughout the project SDLC.
- Wrote Communication Plan, Business Requirements Documents, Functional Requirement Documents, Project Implementation plan, Risk plan, User Acceptance Test (UAT) plan, Quality plan, process maps, data flow diagrams and Use Cases in the course of business requirements gathering.
- Managed budget, resource allocation and staffing for all major Agile/Scrum projects.
- Strong Agile Project Management communications skills.
- Managed multiple B2B and B2C e-commerce projects and Web development projects of varied sizes simultaneously.
- Participated in User Experience design.
- Lead requirements gathering and Agile Project Management initiatives for large Web development and retail e-commerce initiatives from concept through launch, often working on multiple projects simultaneously. Maintained frequent communications with clients and stakeholders on status and progress on daily basis via multiple communications channels.
- Negotiated with and managed 3rd party vendor involvement in projects. Coordinated with offshore contractors. Developed international communications strategy to bridge time-zone variances, thus maximizing collaboration and efficiencies.
- Communicated with clients in plain English and translated user requirements into technology terms when interfacing with technical teams.
- Managed evolving and often conflicting client expectations through collaborative negotiations
- Shows strong leadership skills in reaching stakeholders agreement and continuing consensus throughout all phases of SDLC.
- Maintained consensus through comprehensive communications strategy and methodologies.
- Build trust and confidence between Project Management Office and clients via collaborative honest broker relationship.
- Maintained strong customer involvement by communicating with clients in plain English communications.
- Reduced bounce rate on Circuit City s Web site. Redesigned interactive shopping cart features and reduced shopping cart abandonment from 67% to 48%. Also increased page views Standardized project management using PMI s PMBOK practices. Documented processes and established agency-wide best practices and policies.
- Adopted and trained coworkers on software development methodologies, including Agile, Waterfall, and hybrids
- Completely comfortable working in an ambiguous and pressurized environment
- Consistently delivered stakeholders’ projects on time and within defined budget
Confidential, Washington, DC
Senior Project Manager
- Secured significant funds to vastly extend, improve and consolidate all Web services under a single Project Management Office (PMO). Introduced and adopted Agile as primary SDLC methodology for the Confidential Web initiatives.
- Team Leader of PMO; Trained subordinates on best Agile practices. Highly focused on team - building and collaborative sharing of knowledge through improved communications Adopted PMI best practices and standardized SDLC methodologies, including Waterfall and Agile for Web Development projects. Briefed Cabinet and sub-Cabinet officials on progress in the transformation to a public-facing, communications-rich Web site..
- Developed clear, focused communications strategies for Web initiatives, focusing on client-facing initiatives.
- As Project Manager, transformed Confidential s Web presence from introspective to extroverted, client-focused communications tool. Worked with senior government officials and Confidential s Office of Public Affairs to transform communications to key client constituencies using plain English, versus techno-speak approach.
- Recalibration of navigational of site architecture, improved UX and navigational structures, thus improving customer satisfaction.
- Implemented enterprise-wide document management system for agency; System repository included all Confidential regulations, technical specifications documents, graphical date for 24,000 users
- Developed national training program to assure easy transition from non-centralized regulatory repositories to structured, searchable and current document libraries
- Established Web Executive Steering committee to keep senior management informed and engaged in Web program initiatives
- Integrated internal databases and converted to public-facing interactive systems using COTS (commercial off the shelf) software and proprietary software.
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Managed sixteen - person team; highly invested in cooperative and collaborative largely self-managing teams of fellow professionals
- Collaborated with Confidential Human Factors Laboratory to design customer-centric Web sites.
- Established Confidential Web Configuration Control Board to improve efficiency and stability of sites
- Wrote RFOs and RFPs for procurement of goods and services.
- Wrote agency-wide policy for Web design, Web content and content standards baased on clear, concise writing.