Information Technology Management Professional experienced and successful in implementing complex Software Development projects leading multiple teams of 4 - 10 exceeding objectives with per - project budgets. Proficient with Microsoft Office, Visio and Project. IT experience includes 9+ years in project management roles and 2+ years managing IT business activities and pricing/estimating efforts.
Hardware: Sun workstations and PC compatibles/workstations
Software - Applications: MS Office, MS Project, Visio, Mindjet Mind Manager and LiveLink
Languages/Database: C++, Visual Basic, PeriProducer, SQL and Oracle
O/S: Windows, Solaris, Linux
Confidential, Lansdale, Pennsylvania
Director Information Technology/Sr. Project Manager
- Instrumental in the development of a new business venture, managing implementation of a new software development organization inclusive of the design and development of a new series of websites, supporting tools, techniques, and documentation.
- Built, from scratch, a new development organization inclusive of software developers, website developers and graphic artists.
- Led Information Technology planning process. Provided vision and IT alignment with business plans and project priorities.
- Guided implementation of new system architecture needed to support business development initiatives.
- Led hardware and software selection for site development environment.
- Directed the design for a series of websites, influencing the design to allow reusability and maintainability.
- Directed the design and implementation of database tools to support site content scheduling and administration of content developers.
- Project Manager for development activities.
Confidential, Bohemia New York
- Provided project planning, execution and reporting as well as proposal budget estimates.
- Project teams consist of engineers and technicians.
- Met or exceeded budget and schedule requirements for all Confidential and Confidential projects.
- Managed multiple project teams of 2 to 10.
- Networking infrastructure projects included rack installations and relocations (5 to 25 racks) including all electrical and data wiring.
- System design and installation projects included voice, data, and audio-visual integration to support multiple nodes/seats (up to 30) in large conference facilities and communications centers. Installations required software development for control of audio-video and networking components.
Confidential, Bohemia, New York
- Managed Professional Services Organization Business Development projects including reusable code and packaged application development efforts as well as supported pre-sales documentation and estimating & pricing activities.
- Represented business interests with internal organizations and managed technical requirements with development staff and clients.
- Managed internal effort to identify and include packaged applications in client offering resulting in increased margins (to 70%) and reduction in application implementation schedules.
- Insured the best application feature sets and functionalities by providing feedback to development staff concerning sales requests and client feedback.
- Increased sales opportunities, margins and customer satisfaction by providing technical guidance to sales in designing product to best match customer’s requirements.
- Enabled company to win major clients such as State of Arizona by quickly and accurately responding to their Request for Proposal.
- Ensured quotes met both margin and customer requirements by identifying and recommending technical solutions to be included in final Statement of Work.
- Authored pre-sales, pricing and engagement documentation including Statements of Work, proposals and presentation materials.
- Managed teams of Developers performing IVR software development and solution implementations (DTMF, Speech Recognition, CTI Integration).
- Provided all project related planning, reporting and communications.
- Developed and managed large project budgets, interfaced with staff, sub-contractors and clients to meet project milestones.
- Participated in resource planning and ranking and provided support to sales organizations during meetings and home office visits.
- Managed multiple project teams of up to 10 developers performing software development for IVR and Call Center installations with budgets up to $1 million per project. Developers were co-located or geographically dispersed depending on project requirements.
- Markets included government, military,, communications, financial institutions, and the healthcare industry.
- Provided project related planning, risk analysis, quality assurance, change management, reporting and communications insuring projects remained on schedule and budget.
- Ensured quality and maintained project schedule by strictly enforcing department standards including document and design reviews, peer reviews and review of prior “lessons learned”.
- Managed subcontractors to insure adherence to documentation, schedule and quality control standards. All expectations and project requirements were presented and discussed prior to project kick-off.
- Improved customer satisfaction by correcting major schedule and budget issues with several inherited problem projects.
- Compressed schedule and process as part of managing an emergency situation, insuring continuous system availability and avoiding expense of additional client call center staffing and related customer service issues.
- Attained prompt issue resolution by coordinating efforts of Manufacturing, R&D, and Technical Support organizations minimizing or eliminating impact to budget and schedule.
- Created opportunities for additional software development for projects by identifying areas where additional development or new technology adds value.
- Managed project resources, selecting resources with appropriate skill sets or insured proper mentoring of resources.
- Participated in resource planning using project performance metrics and notes to insure proper ranking and for resources.
- Designed, developed and implemented applications as a senior development resource and project lead providing assistance to the Project Manager and technical mentoring to team members.
- Provided application requirements and system analysis to the Project Manager.
- Analyzed user interface and host system interface requirements identifying areas of concern to project team.
- Assured requirements are met by providing input to project plans, schedules and budgets.
- Resolve technical issues by coordinating inter-department efforts and developers to assure corrective actions are incorporated.
Senior Applications Developer
- Designed, developed, and implemented applications through the full system development life cycle.
- Developed and maintained critical documentation for project turnover to technical support and project archives.
- Authored design documentation based on client requirements, interviews and research.
- Developed applications from design documents with re-use of existing standardized code to improve on schedule and quality.
- Maintained application and system documentation for inclusion in project turnover to client and inclusion in technical support project archives.
- Was SME on applications for ongoing support activities.
Confidential, Bethpage, New York
- Coordinated program staff and functional departments for various aircraft programs.
- Developed management plans and designed IT methods to integrate inventory, procurement and manufacturing data.
- Provided planning for detailed and machined requirements and schedules for production aircraft using computerized manufacturing methods documentation and engineering drawings.