- Entrepreneur Consultant and C2C contractor since 1994 in various industries. Outstanding leader for startups, reorganizations and rebuilding.
- Superior ability to quickly assess and understand complex & critical situations
- Reputation for coming up with creative new innovative solutions & options
- 25+ years in Project Management
- 30+ years of Business & Financial analysis - worked on acquisitions, business process improvements, re-organizations, and systems design.
- 20+ years Software Development management, programming and systems integration at all levels: systems architecture, data warehousing, business intelligence & reporting, & user interfaces.
- 25+ years of marketing, technical sales, contract review and negotiations for clients & vendors.
- Work effectively at all levels: I have been Sr VP of a public company, project lead, and programmer.
- Successful product manager with expertise in product specifications, defining niches, new product launches, and exploiting opportunities to secure market position.
- Conducted preliminary business analysis for M&A (mergers & acquisitions): technology, market, operations and summary financial evaluation and recommendations for 6 years.
- Managed RFP response and proposal preparation, especially for large scale projects for governments, educational institutions and military prospects. Conducted the “final demo” for government procurement competitions. Drafted preliminary contracts.
- Managed and participated in 20 trade shows and user conferences yearly.
- Expertise with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, MS Project, Quickbase, UniData, SB+
- I know business and have managed IT as a strategic resource to companies. The best solutions depend upon great analysis and design, whether for software development or business re-engineering.
- Although technology supports the business, I have effectively designed and implemented technology to initiate change for more efficient working processes and more effective job definitions and responsibilities; where creative solutions synergistically support the current and future needs all of the constituents.
- While I do not have an accounting degree, I learned, designed and wrote programs that incorporated all the proper GAAP accounting rules and procedures.
- Although I am not a certified auditor, I have designed and built databases and processes that could be audited by financial CPA and IT auditors.
- As development Product Manager, I directed five international development teams in defining, designing, prioritizing, programming, quality control, testing, technical and user documentation, implementing new product features and maintenance updates, on schedule and on budget.
- Managed turnkey customer implementations, hardware and software installations, and client services such as data mapping, database conversions, data cleanup/normalization, electronic document conversion, and customer training. I also managed customer expectations to ensure customer acceptance and prompt payment.
- Selected and managed vendors, and negotiated favorable prices and terms.
- Managed customer support, help desk and call center, maintaining 24/7 client operations and performance of hardware systems, networks, OS and applications software at 99.5% uptime.
- Gained experience in a variety of industries including, retail, distribution, warehousing, call centers, library management, education, consulting, oil and gas, energy, field service, healthcare, legal, ticketing for sports and other venues, and music and entertainment.
- Developed application expertise in ERP systems, accounting functions, government fund accounting and billing, inventory and asset management, purchasing, orders, library systems, HR, fund development, college applications, scheduling, EDI, XML and eCommerce. Most systems process hundreds of thousands of transactions per hour, and are networked to exchange data between numerous disparate systems.
- Designed and managed development of C compiler on Unix/AIX for UniVerse DBMS, increasing systems performance by 30 - 50%
Business Consultant, Project Manager, Senior Software Designer and Developer
- I developed the business plan and financial projections for SHi in order to raise capital for the creation, production, marketing and promotion of new songs and a new album.
- I participated in negotiating, securing and managing $1.2 million in investment funds:
Confidential, Irvine, California
Project Manager & Senior App lication Developer
- Business and systems analysis, software design, and programming.
- Confidential contracted to 3dTek, who contracted to Confidential, who contracted with IBM to enhance their Service Management system which support a US/Canada network of hardware, software and services engineers to support a multitude of clients.
- This software application manages, predicts, schedules and reports on all activities for call centers, hardware service centers, service requests, dispatch, parts, depot repair, warranty, service level calculations, and interfaces to many of IBM’s other internal systems.
- Project Lead for one of the backend applications that links the front-end dot.Net web-client.
- Designed and programmed a service transaction reporting, logging and “roll-back” application tool.
- Completed IBM’s AGILE training program, used AGILE for IBM’s development projects.
Confidential, Irving, Texas
Project Manager & Senior Application Developer
- Business & systems analysis, software design, and programming in AIX - UniVerse environment
- Confidential had $4.4 billion in annual sales, 3 major distribution centers, 2 national call centers, and online web sales.
- Supported functions in CRM, inventory, warehousing, distribution, order entry, sales analysis and reports, and returns.
- Primarily supported, enhanced, and simultaneously redesigned 25-year-old legacy ERP customer care CRM system.
- Within two months, prepared RFI, reviewed vendor responses, shortlisted 4 vendors out of 32.
- Estimated project cost was less than half the budged amount in half the time.
- The new design incorporated interactive training and supported “work-at-home” customer care agents.
Confidential, Irvine, California
Senior Software Designer & Developer
- Project manager for enhancing existing product, and contributed to definition and redesign of back-office applications of CRM, fund development and donation functions for colleges and performing arts, HTML email marketing, web reporting for museums and performing arts, and exporting data via XML to web clients.
- Converted, cleaned up, and loaded all application data file definitions and code files for systems and modules to work with Internet browser report writer.
- Managed project for development of 2 Proof-of-Concept (PoC) to validate future technology options. Worked with vendor IBM using Dot.Net web applications to receive data from back-office database applications for high-volume Internet transactions of online customer history and ticketing.
- Managed project to evaluate conversion of the legacy system into more cost-effective and state-of-the-art framework, utilizing both Windows and Internet browser clients.
- Executed preliminary negotiations for pricing and discounts, and prepared development and cost schedules.
- Developed program to extract relevant data from data warehouse to generate real-time business intelligence data for major transaction files, with capability to drill down and extract details at five different levels.
Confidential, Los Angeles, California
- Designed and developed a Source Code Document Control system
- Identified processes that need audit controls and developed/programmed subroutines that make these processes and functions SOX compliant.
- Worked with the Internal Auditors (Protivity) to verify SOX compliance of the software and data. It took just 6 weeks to define and design the testing criteria and processes, to execute the tests, to validate the data and reporting processes of their IT systems and software.
- Discovered 10 critical design, programming, data and reporting errors within the system, including a $5 million discrepancy in inventory and financial reporting. Also proposed and documented resolutions to address deficiencies.
Confidential, Dallas, Texas
Consulting Director, President
- Developed utility audit process to decrease client's energy and utility costs.
- Also provided options to reduce dependence on energy market price fluctuations, as well as business continuity, contingency plans, and solutions for power disruptions.
- Performed financial analysis for self-generation of any type, including solar PV, wind, co-gen/CHP, bio-gas, as well as working closely with client to secure financing for selected projects.
- Created extensive financial modeling, 10-year cash flows and pro-forma for energy projects and power purchase agreements.
Confidential, Dallas, Texas
- Completed total business re-engineering project within seven months.
- Improved employee retention, reduced training time, increased competency, and redefined performance metrics.
- Redefined and rewrote operating procedures for call center employee functions and user training documentation.
- Managed audit and remediation consulting operations, including 25-member consultant staff. I designed project management controls, Y2K audit process, and client documentation.
- Worked closely with customers on inventory, assessment, analysis, remediation, contingency planning, business continuity planning, designing and writing test plans, documenting test results, change management, and project management of all electronic systems, equipment, and software.
- Developed Palm-handheld applications to track and manage vehicles, equipment, reports, airport security and incident reporting, & fire department applications.