- Over 25 years of experience in retirement, health care, insurance, Trust and mutual funds.
- Seasoned Relationship & Project Manager with proven results in identifying and implementing improvements to existing procedures, increasing operational efficiencies and producing cost savings.
- Experienced in the development and launching of new businesses and products.
Senior Project Manager
- Responsible for managing a team of Project Managers in the Insurance Solutions Division
- Provided management oversight for large projects related to regulatory actions or special projects at client request. Sample projects include, ICD - 9/10, 5010, EOB, Trust, & IT projects
- Analyzed impact of new business processes on current environment and created future state models
- Led concurrently, several high profile projects through the entire SDLC lifecycle
- Wrote business and functional specification documents
- Reviewed current project documents and created new templates for future use
- Led numerous cross-functional teams which required matrix management of interdependent functions and departments and translated strategy into action plans and achievement of goals and objectives
- Projects focused on process improvements, core application development/enhancements, UAT, and implementation.
- Report status of projects up to senior management
Senior Project Manager and Operations Manager
- Managed a team of business analysts focused on cost savings and process improvement projects. Achieved savings in excess of $5mm in 4 years
- Responsible for the daily operations of the mail stream for one of Pitney’s largest clients with 3 facilities located in 3 states
- Responsible for the vendor relationship for all domestic and international shipping
Vice President of Enterprise Project Management
- Partner with Business Units and IT to develop and implement process improvement plans. Manage complex cross functional projects that impact multiple operations within the organization. Initiatives include projects of varying scale focused on achieving results in client satisfaction, quality and efficiency. Most recent project was to image and e-deliver all incoming retirement request forms across the operation
- Spear-headed the formation of an enterprise PMO
- Conducted due diligence to identify a Business Process software technology ultimately choosing BEA’s Aqualogic
- Orchestrated the legal paperwork with the vendor (BEA)
- Project Manager for the implementation of Business Process Software (Aqualogic)
- Performed due diligence to determine an offshore vendor for accounting and reconciliation operations
- Performed due diligence to identify portfolio management software
- Project Manager for the implementation of the portfolio management software
- Led the turn-around of one of State Street’s largest Master Trust clients with assets in excess of $26 billion. Moved the revenue stream from a negative to a $1mm+ revenue stream. Established a positive long-term relationship with the client and strategically positioned successful cross-sell initiatives
- Supervised the analysis and reorganization of the operations supporting the pension and savings plan. The pension trust had investments with over 120 fund managers and investments in numerous markets including emerging and alternate markets. I oversaw numerous projects related to this initiative.
- Responsible for creating the cash accounts for money movement and settlement
- Oversaw the operational group responsible for all money movement both domestic and international
- Managed cross-functional teams.
- Reported status up to senior management.
- Created innovative fee schedules for investment managers just entering into group trusts and partnerships. This resulted in new business and increasing profit margins
- Conducted audits on the pension and 401(k) accounts
- Managed operations staff of 32 supporting the reconciliation, corporate actions and portfolio accounting teams maintaining client satisfaction and providing superior service
- Participated in the development and start-up of a newly formed business unit. Managed a staff of professionals responsible for client relationship management, maintaining superior client satisfaction, profitability and retention. Participated in numerous cross-functional projects which included IT
- Assisted in the Sales and Marketing process and participated in client presentations. Helped with the cross-sell efforts focused on Investment Managers of Mutual Funds who were looking to increase distribution by entering into the 401(k) market
- Actively participated in the development and implementation of new products and services designed for the retirement services industry
- Provided consulting services to clients on business development, product implementations and creating efficient and accurate operations
- Profit and Process Improvement Initiative. Special assignment to the company’s COO. Responsible for the identification of process and profit improvement and developing suggested implementation plans. The results of the project efforts were over $11mm in savings