- A ccomplished technical communication professional possessing over:
- Ten years’ expertise in the IT, energy/utilities, and oil and gas industries
- Seven years' total experience in supporting project - related processes for energy- and transportation-related companies and in serving in a wide range of roles and responsibilities,
- Resourceful instructional designer and curriculum developer with:
- Expertise in media applications and technology (e.g., Captivate, Lectora, Flypaper, Articulate) designed to maintain and achieve optimum project communication levels and results
- Excellent interpersonal skills used to successfully design, develop, implement, and facilitate corporate and/or technical training courses, including creation of support materials such as:
- Experience in all project-related life cycle components for analysis, design, development, and implementation of various course delivery methods, including instructor-led (ILT), web- and computer-based (CBT/WBT), e-learning, virtual, and blended courses
- Results-driven technical documentation and training manager with the initiative to:
- Identify existing and potential issues, risks, and requirements
- Formulate solutions for small- and large-scale projects in line with set strategies and documented plans
- Achieve successful completion of project cycles for multiple, concurrently running projects
- Accomplished corporate communication specialist proficient in project communication and documentation goal achievements, including:
- Over five and a half years' communications consulting experience at leading energy corporations
- Three years' corporate communications experience with extensive work in IT and change management analysis, planning, and execution
- LiveCycle Designer
- Articulate Presenter
- Articulate Engage
- Articulate Quizmaker
- Trivantis Lectora
- Adobe Captivate
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- SCORM Cloud
- Camtasia Studio
- Adobe Photoshop
- Proactively identified training needs, presented recommendations, and delivered learning solution to address performance gaps. Worked with key stakeholders and SMEs to design and develop training that incorporated best practices in behavioral and cognitive sciences for multiple delivery methods, including instructor-led training (ILT), web- and computer-based training (WBT/CBT), virtual classroom, and blended instruction.
- Utilizing learning development programs and software (e.g., Lectora, Flypaper, Flash, Captivate, SCORM Cloud, ReviewLink), designed and developed instructional material in multiple languages (i.e., English, Spanish, and Portuguese) for customer training courses that supported company technical products and business processes.
- Utilized instructional design methodologies and theory to analyze, design, implement, and evaluate instructional materials, which were for entry- and advanced-level courses and directed towards both internal and external audiences, through all phases of the project life cycle while demonstrating effective needs analysis, project management, course development, and evaluation skills.
- Courses developed include, but are not limited to, topics on the following:
- Sexual Harassment
- Union Awareness
- IT PMO
- IFIA Practice Test for Inspectors
Instructional Designer/Training Coordinator
- Within three weeks and as part of a two-person team, developed a six-hour, blended learning training course for the merged company's new, aligned Information Technology (IT) project management methodology.
- Provide Agile and Waterfall Project Management best practices and guidance for applicability for both United and Continental (formerly) employees, who have backgrounds in both methodologies, in order to create a more efficient, well-understand project management philosophy that reaches company-wide.
- Work scope covered analysis through evaluation (ADDIE methodology), scheduling and project management, and SME workshop coordination and facilitation.
- Designed for five nationwide locations, the five-module course utilized the following types of training materials and deliverables for each module:
- Instructor Presentations
- Facilitator's Guidebooks
- Trainee Workbooks
- Classroom visual aids
- Additional Handouts
Technical Writer and Editor
- Utilized SharePoint to develop, review, maintain and publish procedures online via the company’s Intranet, in addition to managing workflows in accordance with company protocol.
- In conjunction with Conoco Philliips and Confidential project personnel, created over 400 procedures for the Eagle Ford Shale LNG refinery’s O&M Manual, which CoP is currently constructing in Southern Texas.
- Procedures required in-depth understanding and comprehension of standard plant-relateed documents such as the following documents developed for:
- Control and Instrumentation Philosophy
- Operations Philosophy
- Maintenance Plans
- Electrical onelines and diagrams
- Emergency Shutdown
Project Manager/Instructional Designer
- Developed internal communication change of management strategy for Confidential ’s globally instituted SAP-PM/MM system enhancement in collaboration with external SAP-PM/MM consultants and internal executive management to guarantee smooth, efficient transitioning from new to old systems across multiple business levels, as well as to effectively and thoroughly prepare, train, and educate personnel during transition periods and before go-live deadlines.
- Managed creation of SharePoint portal for toolbox and sandbox pre-implementation practice sessions
- Worked with maintenance personnel "Super Users" to develop training courses utilizing interactive web portals and 'real-life' scenarios completed online and reviewed in classroom for:
- Work Order Management
- Predictive and Preventive Maintenance
- Work Order Prioritization
- Continuous Improvement
- Planning & 7-day Scheduling
- Computer Managed Maintenance Systems (CMMS)
- Materials Management
- Designed over 35 employee training modules in under three weeks and coordinated production, review, and approval of computer-based trainings using SharePoint to create, organize, manage, and document work processes through a customized portal developed for the specific project.
- Trainings developed include:
- Managing Change
- Manager-Employee Communication
- Welcoming New Employees
- Cross-cultural Communication and Global Competence
- Communicating in the Workplace
- Motivating at Work
- Produced interactive, multi-layered company web site for a growing manufacturing company and a PR firm in Dallas-Ft. Worth as an initial component of a three-phase communication strategy developed in conjunction with top-level management executives in order to promote and educate both external and internal audiences about new company standards, services, and products.