- Performance - driven operations manager with 20+ years of progressive experience and expertise in logistics, transportation, manufacturing, and procurement.
- Strong qualifications in strategic and tactical planning, organization, and general management.
- Keen understanding of business priorities to drive process management initiatives toward benchmarked metrics and low-cost solutions that deliver on quality, speed, service, safety, and agility.
- Recognized for ability to problem solve and turnaround critical situations with speed and practicality for aggressive results.
- Talent for anticipating customer needs, forging strong vendor relationships, and cultivating a supportive, motivated culture of teamwork, accountability, and performance excellence.
- Supportive, decisive manager able to develop and deliver systems, processes, and procedures that streamline operations and enhance profit performance.
- Saved $100K in annual labor costs by devising creative staffing plan and negotiating flat-rate contract with vendor.
- Improved inventory accuracy to achieve 98% (from mid 80%) through process restructuring, documentation, and staff accountability.
- Directed planning and development of off-site warehouse for production storage, ensuring on-time shipment of quality products. Determined location, procured and set up equipment, and established processes to meet ISO, HAACP, and GMP standards. Hired and managed staff of 10 responsible for all customer orders.
- Executed disaster recovery plan and established collaboration efforts with other corporate plants immediately after fire shut down operations for 4 weeks. Maintained daily operations and production schedules to meet all customer needs.
- Key contributor in positioning company for lucrative expansion with new product and increased production lines. Led process improvement teams in inventory accuracies, transactional improvements, and scrap reduction.
- Managed implementation and operation of SAP Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP). As key member of implementation team, planned requirements and trained users at various locations, including in Italy and France.
- Supporting product development, provided research and recommendations for cost-efficient production; ensured all logistic requirements were achieved and product was rolled out on time and within budget. Assumed position of quality manager during 8-week product start-up period, serving as liaison between plant and customer.
- Facilitated attainment of ISO 9001 certification within one year, writing procedures, work instructions, and documentation as a qualified internal auditor. Created and documented processes to ensure achievement of HAACP certification. Instrumental in obtaining AIB achievement certificate based on excellent audit rating.
- Directly responsible for $2 million spend in transportation. Developed strong transportation partnerships and negotiated cost-effective rates for outbound/inbound freight in order to achieve $250,000 savings using rail and leverage opportunities involving seasonal shipping rates.