- Innovative, results - oriented, and experienced IT professional with over 13 years in healthcare IT, system integration, implementation and leadership roles.
- Demonstrated experience in system integration/analysis, integrated solution design, and project management.
- Experienced in medical informatics i.e. HL7, ADT, clinical, and ancillary interfacing.
- System integration/research experience with HIS, RIS, LIS (SUNQUEST, HMS, GENZYME, MEDIWARE/HCLL), or CPOE systems i.e. EPIC, ECLIPSYS, eClinicalWorks, MEDITECH.
- Experienced leading projects by successfully integrating clinical, medical lab, financial, and other non-clinical applications.
- Designed interfaces between LAWSON S3 (ERP) modules (GL, SCM,CM,AP,HR,TM) / Cerner (CIS) and External systems, HIS
- Designed & Implemented interfaces using Cloverleaf, BizTalk, Iguana, Mirth; and numerous data standards.
- Demonstrated expertise for integrating EMR systems with EPIC using EPIC BRIDGES and Cloverleaf.
- Achieved Six-Sigma Green-Belt certification from Honeywell for enhancing processes to achieve noticeable gains.
- Established PMO in IT department, Served as PP & C lead, Program Manager, QA / TQM, Integration Manager.
- Administered Web server, MS Project Server, MS SharePoint Server, Cloverleaf server, and MS SQL server.
- Expertise to deploy the business solutions in MS Windows as well as Linux/UNIX environment.
- Performed System Administration & DBA functions using Windows 2003/XP and Oracle/TOAD.
- Wrote test scenarios and plans for the interfaces to be thoroughly tested.
- Performed functional and acceptance testing with Genzyme’s customers remotely through the use of VPN access.
- Used TCP/IP and Secured FTP communication protocols to transmit and receive real-time data between Genzyme and its customers’ interfaces.
System Integration Manager
- Introduced, recommended, and implemented highly productive and cost effective solutions.
- Established the PMO in the IT department along with my director and another team mate by forming, defining, training, and enforcing policies as being its key member.
- Successfully installed, configured, and deployed the Project server & Sharepoint server solution.
- Administered MS Project Server with Sharepoint Server in order to implement new ways of sharing projects, documents, and other useful information via collaborating.
- Prepared and displayed the elaborated architecture of the Project Server and its Sharepoint server databases in VISIO to orient my peers and managers about data table relationships and dependencies.
- Trained the IT staff to use Project Server and Sharepoint Server’s features properly & effectively.
- Administered SQL server and the corporate interface servers.
- Successfully shifted the real-time data onto the LifeCare’s corporate SAN from the SAN of an external vendor of this hospital in an effort to start depending on LifeCare’s own resources.
- Managed the SAN DB migration project and completed it in time and within budget with a remarkable cost saving. The approximate cost saving was $180,000 annually.
- I replaced the manual interfacing between LifeCare and its six host hospitals by designing, developing, and deploying the automated billing interfacing solution with advanced techniques, i.e. on-the-fly logs maintenance and email triggering. These interfaces were developed using CGI/Perl and Windows Shell scripts.
- Compiled a comprehensive technical manual to train other administrators on monitoring, supporting, and reading the daily performance logs for the automated Charge Interface solution.
Programmer / Analyst
- Lead the activity of installing and configuring the Mediware HL7 interface engines for incoming and outgoing real - time transactions to and from the Mediware application HCLL.
- Integrated HCLL system with CPOE systems i.e. EPIC, ECLIPSYS, and MEDITECH, etc. thru the Mediware’s HL7 interface.
- Performed business analysis for Mediware’s customers and recommended solutions for their unique situations.
- Managed projects to successfully deploy the Mediware’s blood bank management software (Client Server based and Multi-tier application) as well as to train the system administrators, and provide customer/technical support until moving the application system to production.
- Administered server staging, installing the proprietary software, configuring HL7 interface engines for clients of Mediware worldwide.
Program Manager/IT Director
- Responsible for all Electronic Commerce deployment. Responsible for E-Commerce RFP bids, contracts and training of new customers on new web site and E-Commerce products.
- Performed interviewing, negotiations, and hiring of overseas consultants.
- Effectively directed, and monitored the work of the overseas consultants remotely.
- Managed a Web portal development project for the carpet & flooring company.
- Worked on a short-term Web interfacing project as senior analyst / consultant for Verizon.
- Managed and provided IT and Web solutions to consumers as well as to the business community by:
- Designing, developing Internet/Intranet database interfaces.
- Collecting and writing requirement specifications, contracts, design documents, performing business analysis and project management and budget/cost analysis for hardware/Infrastructure, software, vendor services, and business promotion.