- Specializing in Enterprise IT Implementations
- Experienced professional with a 14 - year track record of delivering results in the financial services industry.
- Strong technical background in software development, business analysis and project management within the Project Management Framework.
- Extensive experience in Financial, Banking, Confidential Management, Insurance and IT cross-domain integration and process transformation.
Business and Management: Project Management, Risk Management, Change Management, Stakeholder Management, Communication Management, Scope Definition and Management, Vendor Management, Business Analysis, defining S.M.A.R.T. project goals, Unified Modeling Language (UML), Requirement and Change Management, Business Process and Design Optimization, Manage Issue Escalation, Operate within a PMO structure, Provide weekly project updates to Senior Leadership team, Annual Project Planning, Experience performing within CMMI Level 3 organization
Productivity: MS Project, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio, MS Office, MS SharePoint, ERWin 3.5, Rational Rose
Database Systems: ORACLE 8i.x, ORACLE 7.x, MySql, Teradata, DB2, SuperBase, MS Access
Operation Systems: UNIX (Sun Solaris, HP, AIX), AS/400, Windows, DOS
Senior Project Manager
- Managed up to 8 simultaneous projects; Project Lead on two enterprise wide projects of 200+ team members, managing internal team of up to 25 onshore and offshore members, built successful relationships with business partners, BSAs, developers and QA analysts to ensure team cohesiveness and successful execution of projects.
- Worked with development team to identify licenses that could be reduced resulting in $120K in license costs annually. team of two dedicated onshore and two offshore resources - new and modified Confidential detection rules produce $8-10M in annual savings to enterprise from all lines of business. completed scope assessment, estimated resources and aligned resources to overall enterprise milestones.
- Led multiple scope and technical team meetings to integrate new source system streams with account centric view into existing infrastructure of client centric view data and create new Confidential detection framework with internal teams and three external companies.
- Managed vendor development team and in-house QA team to successfully implement a high-risk application.
- The application processes Canadian and Caribbean Credit Card transactions Confidential detection rules and required a big bang approach with minimal system outage.
- Managed Confidential development and implementation of high visibility project to provide inline Confidential detection to protect the Online Banking channel and prevent fraudulent transactions before they are executed.
- High rate of defects within partner application resulted in significant delay to milestones, managed Confidential team morale and expectations for increased workload and long hours during Christmas holidays.
- As a result, the project implemented successfully, Confidential Management team realized Confidential Loss Savings in the first month and the team received recognition as a Performance award.
- As a new channel that could have a high potential for Confidential abuse the project had a key Confidential component.
- Managed a team of 12 onshore and offshore leads, Business analysts, developers, and QA analysts.
- The project was delivered on time and on budget.
Senior Business Systems Analyst
- Identified and mapped business processes for validation rules that would identify suspicious transactions.
- Analyzed current processes for Confidential marking, creating white and negative lists identified required data and created user interfaces for new system
- Created data dictionary and user interfaces for new system interface
- Completed deep dive data analysis on legacy application raw data to determine best data fit into relational Confidential database
- Support QA and junior BA in validation of the master test plan and test strategy, and supervised UAT
- Completed data analysis based on business requirements and identified data gaps from vendor ensuring data required for Confidential detection would be available.
- Created new transaction tracking model for detailed Confidential rules and analytics.
- First complete online auto and property purchase in Canada developed at Confidential Insurance.
- Liaising with subject matter experts, application development, implementation and production support staff to define functional specifications that meet users’ requirements and are technically appropriate for all customer specific screens.
- Conducted joint requirements gathering workshops, developed process flows and use cases.
- Designed technical solutions that meet business requirements including component reusability, data sharing and security
- Coordinated design phases for small to medium projects/programs
- Identified, tracked and resolved technical issues
- Developed, coded and documented programs for web - based applications
- Wrote unit test plans and executed system unit/integration testing
- Provided high level and detailed estimates based on the activities/tasks required to perform design, coding and unit testing, improving accuracy over time
- Databases mainly used with the web applications were SQL, SuperBase, and MS Access
- Set-up and maintained web services using IIS
- Prepared and configured web servers for beta testing and end users training
- Coordinated implementation planning and execution
- Created queries, reports and technical documentations