IT Project Manager with experience in the following project management methodologies: Waterfall, Iterative, and Agile/Scrum. With extensive knowledge and proven track record in driving projects to success that achieve both the project’s and organization’s strategic goals. Detail oriented, organized, client facing with experience in building cross - functional, matrix and remote teams; as well as, strong verbal and written communication skills. My background is in banking, health care, private market and manufacturing.
Confidential, Malta, NY
IT Senior Project Manager
- Managing IT projects in a variety of environments to include Midrange (UNIX and Windows), Web-based, and Mainframe using established Confidential Project Management Methodologies, Cross Functional and Matrix Team, PM tools, Software Development Life Cycles (SDLC).
- As well as, reporting to management and executive management on progress and status of all projects.
- This is the yearly FAB8 Shutdown project that allows any code changes, upgrades to software, firmware, code and hardware that require the FAB8 systems to be down to be implemented for IT, CIM, YMS and AMHC.
- There are ~50 servers that are reported as being not correctly teamed.
- I f the system is to be decommissioned, a work request needs to be issued for either a physical or a logical removal.
Confidential, Albany, NY
Architecture Portfolio/Program Manager
- Built and maintained project plans that allowed management to better track Architecture Teams efforts and provide reporting matrix and managed Architecture Portfolio of 10 to 14 active projects. Worked on build ing a Service Delivery Life Cycle (SDLC) process in support of Confidential.
- A s well as, reporting to management and executive management on progress and status of all eMedNY Development Evolution projects and NIS Projects Initiatives.
- Replaced Data Junction with SOA Expressway and coordinated effort between Infrastructure, NYMISS, and Vendor management.
- The Encounter POC was aimed at building a stand-alone encounter processing system that accesses reference data using services and uses a Rule Engine and Business Process.
- This project was about migrating WebSphere middle tier infrastructure from version 7.2 to 8.5.
- As part of this we needed to test the compatibility of all J2EE applications and migrate each eMedNY application to a higher version.
Confidential, Albany, NY
Project Manager Principal Leader
- Managed all aspects of projects to include requirements gathering, schedules, resources, scope, communication, risks, and integration.
- Skills utilized during this position were Iterative Project Management, extensive interfacing with IT and Architecture Groups, strong matrixed team building.
- High level of reporting to EMEDNY senior management and the Confidential which included evaluation and resolution of risk mitigation uutilized waterfall, lean project management and SDLC on all projects.
- The project enhanced Coordination of Benefits (COB) processing by recognizing additional qualifiers for NCPDP claims in order to better represent Patient Responsibility coverage and amounts from third party payers.
- Dual eligible individuals receiving services under the Confidential needed to be identified for inclusion in the mandatory population. reversals and eligibility issues encountered on a daily basis by pharmacies, since neither HID nor Magellan could issue retro-dated prior authorizations (PAs).
- Created an adjudication claim edit requiring a billing/group provider be signed up for EFT in order to pass the edit. Also, prohibit the re-certification of a provider on an ETIN unless the provider/ETIN is set for either electronic or PDF remittances.
- An increasing number of organizations that use eMedNY as a part of their daily work initiated requests to eMedNY regarding details of the use of the eMedNY system by one or more of their employees. In addition, we received general inquiries from clients regarding disclosures of their information; we expected these types of requests to increase and have a greater expectation of detail.
- This request was to permit appropriate shares division for inpatient hospital claims for individuals age 21-64 who have been admitted to a psychiatric center and inmates in a Confidential or local correctional facility who temporarily leave the institution or facility to receive inpatient care in a hospital.
- This allowed efficient and current updating of the HIPAA Code Sets into eMedNY.
- Edits to allow for mandated Hospitalization Bed Reserve Days for Nursing Facilities will now be reimbursed at 50% of the Confidential 's rate of reimbursement.
- Therapeutic leave days, as authorized by a medical professional, will be included in the maximum 14 day allowance for Hospital Leave Days.
- Update allowed for suspension of benefits for individuals who have been admitted to a psychiatric center or correctional facility.
- Due to the introduction of non-numeric suffixes by many insurers and/or additional descriptive information on Health Insurance Identification cards, letters and symbols that are not a part of the actual plan ID, are now being captured by providers and others when entering information about third party insurance.
- Allowed for all Profession codes to be recognized in eMedNY from NYSED.
Confidential, Rensselaer, NY
IT Project/Program Manager Principal Leader
- Managed Information Technology Technical Teams in a variety of environments such as Midrange (UNIX and WINTEL), Web-based, and Mainframe using established Confidential Project Management methodologies, PM tools and Software Development Life Cycles (SDLC).
- As well as, reporting to management and executive management on the progress and status of all projects.
- System wide modifications were necessary in order to allow for the successful capture, adjudication, and return of all 5010 HIPAA transactions and NCPDP D.0 transactions.
- Program Coordinator for six internal infrastructure projects and/or assignment of those was prerequisite for this project.
- Global Security Solution (GSS) proposed moving the Card Access System from the Guard Station into the Confidential and add network connectivity for remote access and administration for GSS area at Confidential .
- Evaluated all possible locations within the Columbia Turnpike (CTP) building that could be used to support a minimal ITIS Critical Staff outside the Data Center during an extended service disruption.
- Evaluated the best location and documented cost associated to setup the location.
- Provided and designated the location for critical ITIS staff to go to in response to an extended service quickly and effectively.
- Assumed responsibility for the project coordination, tracked all audit requests, requirements and successful resolution of issues between teams.
- Brought additional structure to the audit and reduced redundant communication which in turn improved team productivity.
- Got high client satisfaction rating from CHS Audit Team.
- Expected benefits were to depict high risk areas within the Confidential capacity, performance, utilization, applications, bottlenecks, and issues.
- This project enabled ITIS to upgrade the XCF to a z10 2098-E10 Model A00 three-way Business Class processor, and to include new Infiniband connectivity capabilities to provide for future capacity sysplex signaling capacity which allowed more LPARS to be added to the Sysplex.
- Supported and prepared for the RFP for the Confidential recomplete bid for New York Medicaid processing contract.
- Responsibilities included keeping the Non-Labor estimates (ROMs) reviewed, documented and updated throughout the pre recomplete activities or cycles.
- Replaced current support vendor for Health Net’s Medicare Part D operations by transitioning to Confidential operations center. Improved the overall service level including enrollment processing and enrollment reconciliation.
- Acted as Liaison between SOX Audit, CHS and ITIS for the SOX Audit. With no prior knowledge, I assumed responsibility for the coordination, tracked all audit requests, requirements and successful resolution of issues between teams. Brought additional structure to the audit and reduced redundant communication which in turn improved team productivity.
- Provided each Line of Service manager a graph of their resources hour’s allocations.
Confidential, Albany, NY
- Managed Software Application Technical Teams in a variety of environments such as Client Server, Web-based, Mainframe applications.
- Used a broad range of Project Management methodologies, PM tools and Software Development Life Cycles (SDLC), all aspects of projects including budgets, schedules, resources (reporting and matrixed team members), scope, communication, risks, and integration.
- Reported to management and executive management on the progress and status of all projects. Executed Agile/Scrum practices, RUP methodology or waterfall project management on all assigned projects as adopted by corporation as Standard Project Methodology.
- Reduced fraud by image scanning the name on the check and check number and comparing them to the Client issuance file at the teller window.
- Reduced fraud by comparing the image amount on a check and check number with Client's issuance file to determine if they matched or required additional evaluation.
- Was originally designed to establish large table exchanges between partner banks in preparation for a future enhancement that would have reduced paper handling.
- This product was put into place to allow Operations Management to better monitor the throughput of check sorting by Sorter and/or Operator ID number.