- Proven leader with extensive experience in program / project management managing distributed and cross functional teams.
- Background includes establishing project management offices, managing professional service organizations, full system development life - cycle (agile, lean, rapid / iterative and waterfall, implementing organizational change, process optimization & redesign with respect to quality assurance & testing automation, Certified in Project Management and Theory of Constraints.
- Implementation planning of “Lean” process improvement opportunities identified as necessary to achieve a transformational change in bank operations with regard to the Trade Lifecycle (TLC). The TLC program achieved objectives by changing business process to proactively monitor and resolve trade settlement issues in the "pre-settlement" phase of the Trade Lifecycle. Modified components included core system enhancements, improved internal communication tools, modifications to user authorities, roles & responsibilities and normalization of transaction data across the enterprise.
- Program Manager; Boston University, University Information Systems (UIS). Managed cross functional and systems modification program for the University to comply with new federal race and ethnicity data collection and reporting requirements, (NCES / IPEDS). Defined and established framework to support functional areas and system development efforts through communication of recommended development strategy and implementation methods. Functional impact included; eleven functional areas, six accrediting organizations and eight external vendors. System impact included over 400 UIS code modifications, 3,500 user library code modifications and sixteen vendor / 3rd party modifications. Functional areas were able to leverage many of UIS development efforts (re-use of architecture, code, estimates and lessons learned) resulting in substantial cost savings to those functional units.
- Implementation of Mercury Quality Center 9.0 for GTECH core Lottery Enterprise Suite applications. Project included integration with Telelogic, Doors requirements management tool enabling 100% feature and business process testing. Project included automation of over 500 business components as well as development of automated business process tests and full business cycle testing. Project size, 6 months, budget .5 million dollars, Peak resource count of 25 (65% offshore). (Quality Center, VScript, Oracle, Doors)
- Established Program Management Office for strategic capital investment at Investors Bank and Trust, (IBT). Program scoped to replace IBT’s core legacy application and add new business functionality. Size of the program estimated at 2+ years, 10 million dollars. Responsible for planning, tracking, and staffing and reporting program status to IBT’s Board of Directors. (J2EE, Oracle, Business Intelligence, data warehouse, reporting, etc )
- Created store opening, re-model and re-fresh project work patterns and implemented a Project Portfolio Management reporting solution for Campus Retail division of Aramark Corporation. Project completed on time and within budget. (MSProject)
- Program Manager for Harvard University 2-year, 17 million-dollar system development project. Responsible for planning, monitoring and status reporting. Managed over eighty distributed resources including university staff and offshore development. (J2EE, ASP, JSP, Oracle, Crystal)
- Project Manager for development and implementation of Internal Review Board reporting tool at Harvard University Medical School, School of Public Health and the Faculty of Arts and Science. System was delivered on time and under budget (J2EE, ASP, JSP, Oracle, Crystal)
- Designed and implemented repeatable project management process for planning Conferences and Seminars for the publisher of SAP Insider, Wellesley Information Services Project completed on time and within budget.
- Optimized and documented work flow of new product development life cycle for direct sales organization reducing new product lead time by 30% (MS Project / Concerto). Project completed on time and within budget.
- Classroom delivery of “Implementing a Project Management Office” for Boston University - office of corporate education
- Engagement manager for implementation of Cognos - Business Intelligence suite, (Analyst, Contributor, Metrics Manager and PowerPlay modules) at Athena Health, a health care practice automation and claims management service provider. Project completed on time and within budget.
- Assisted several clients determine requirements, select and implement Enterprise Project Management systems. Project InVision, Oracle Project, MS Enterprise Project Management Solution (EPM), Concerto, PMOffice, Open Air.
- Ongoing development and delivery of customized System Development Life Cycle, Implementing Organizational Change and Advanced Project / Program Management training classes
- Prepared business plan and proposal resulting in $250,000 SBA loan for startup of a consulting firm
- Promoted to Engagement Manager. Responsible for pre-sales support, creation of all Statements of Work, project planning, staffing, client relationship and project delivery. Clients included; Brown & Company (a division of Chase Manhattan Bank), Fairchild Semiconductor and BankNorth
- Project Management advisor for planning phase of 2 year, $20 million health care system conversion at Aetna
(Mainframe and midrange analysis)
Director, Professional Services
- Built $2 million queue of billable work through direct solicitation of existing clients for custom modifications to Elcom’s business to business e-procurement software. Software distributed via remotely hosted Application Service Provider (ASP) model. ASP infrastructure included NT application server clusters, load balanced via CISCO routers, local director and redundant database servers (application developed using J2EE, C++, ASP, Oracle, Crystal)
- Provided pre-sales support including engagement definition, creation of all Statements of Work including cost and duration estimates
- Promoted to Director of Professional Services, responsible for entire client implementation portfolio with 9 project managers as direct reports
- Fulfilled roles of Project Manager and Relationship Manager for roll-out of e-procurement software to 7,500 end users at Elcom’s largest client, CBS / Viacom
- Implemented Project InVision, an enterprise project management and resource-planning tool to 600 users
- Managed development and rollout of proprietary internal sales force automation tool to 300 end users (PowerBuilder, SQL Server)
- Rollout of Oracle Financial Analyzer multidimensional database and reporting tool to approximately 400 users.
- Development and rollout of Project Management Office for EDS
- Classroom delivery of basic & advanced MS Project