- Lead the project teams and to insure that all project team deliverables are developed in synchronization so the whole product is delivered to as required
- Link Business Strategy to Product and IT Development
- Within the organization, I made decisions on which products to invest in to achieve the business results that I was accountable for
- Manage information technology programs and projects that are significant in scope and impact. Ensure projects meet or exceed product requirements and company goals
- Establish detailed workflows, set deadlines, assign responsibilities, and resolve team conflicts with confidence
- Develop and maintain proactive working relationships with team members, vendors, management, and other departments
- Determine how money will be spent to get the work done, and accounting for these expenditures, and weigh the relative costs and benefits of a potential action
- Make a decision or solve a problem by using logic to identify key facts, explore alternatives, and propose quality solutions
- Use logic to analyze or identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts associated with information or data to draw conclusions
- Supervise others by assigning/directing work; conducting employee evaluations, staff training and development, taking appropriate disciplinary/corrective actions, making hiring/termination recommendations, and exercise authority or influence
- Ensure compliance with contract terms, policies, processes and procedures, etc.
- Approve company operational procedures, policies, and standards
- Develop a strategic plan to advance the company's mission and objectives and to promote revenue, profitability, and growth as an organization
- Oversee company operations to insure production efficiency, quality, service, and cost - effective management of resources
- Evaluate performance of executives for compliance with established policies and objectives of the company and contributions in attaining objectives
- Analyze, summarize and/or review data; reports findings, interpret result and/or make recommendations
- Monitor agency contract services; implement controls and standards to monitor the processing and review of contracts
- Lead and perform full life-cycle (SDLC) of software system engineering including requirements analysis and performance engineering
- Plan, organize and lead Software Quality Assurance tasks and projects
- Coordinate software engineering and development activities among GD-C4S teams and with the Prime Contractor
- Coordinate systems analysis and engineering across multiple Integrated Product Teams (IPTs)
- Provide a cycle of capabilities from process analysis, design, optimization and management to process execution and monitoring and back to analysis
- Conduct a Product Development Assessment using our structured assessment methodology
- Maintain records of non-conforming items for reference and for "Lessons Learned" actions to prevent recurrence of discrepancies
- Ensure appropriate SQA findings and corrective actions are presented at reviews as scheduled in the Task SQA Plan
- Have working experience and solid knowledge of SEI’s Capability Maturity Model (SEI/CMM), CMMI also FAA’s iCMM, and ISO 9000s
- Support implementation of the CMMI in the SQA and SCM PA (process areas)
- Assure products conform to system specification, Evaluate and support SCM tools
- Utilize ClearCase (ClearDDTS) to track and organize product feedback for development and testing, project management, measuring quality and gathering requirements
- Utilize RUP for both engineering disciplines (such as Business Modeling, Requirements, Analysis and Design, Test, Implementation, and Deployment) and Supporting disciplines (such as Configuration and Change Management, Project Management). Mainly to Manage Requirements such as analyzing the problem, understanding Stakeholder needs, defining the system, managing the scope of the system, refining the system definition, and to manage changing requirements
- Utilize ClearCase and ClearDDTS, Doors for program control and requirement, MS Visual SourceSafe (MS VSS) and PVCS to support Revision and Version Control, Change Request/Problem Tracking to provide comprehensive SCM solutions. Also utilize PVCS’s Merant Tracker to capture, track and manage the status of defects, changes and issues raised in software projects
- Periodically analyze a candidate list of potential Risk Management areas, and, take the actions necessary to identify, analyze, plan, track, control, and communicate risks using a written process
- Identified Risk Management recovery methods
- As co-chairman of the CCB my responsibility was to review and approve or reject all requested changes for hardware, software, documentation and drawings that are under CM control
- Have ability to understand and analyze the NAS as a complex adaptive system (CAS), also FAA’s ATM Air Traffic Management infrastructure needs and the NAS network structure
- Have NASA working environment experience. Provided Quality Assurance Engineering support and Coordinated with enterprise risk management group to ensure compliance
- Assess and execute SQA programs. Establish and execute risk management programs, also, requirements management programs. Establish and execute SCM programs.
- Integrated Change Control: Coordinate changes across the entire project (approve or reject them)
- Have also good working knowledge of Six Sigma. Function as lead assessor of the process improvement engineering.
Chief Technology Consultant
- Set up technology that eliminates the bottlenecks of TCP and deliver maximum transfer speed regardless of network conditions and transfer distance.
- Create system that delivers maximum transfer speed regardless of network conditions and transfer distance.
- Establish bulletproof security and reliability built-in, software technology that provides users with unprecedented bandwidth management, allowing for sophisticated transfer prioritization and automatic protection of other IP traffic.
- Ensure reliability on software for the business or mission-critical transport of their most valuable digital assets - some of them moving in excess of one terabyte per day over their WAN infrastructure.
Confidential, Falls Church, VA
- Responsible and accountable for the coordinated management of multiple related projects directed toward strategic business and other organizational objectives.
- Build credibility, establish rapport, and maintain communication with stakeholders at multiple levels, including those external to the organization.
- Define and initiate projects, and assign Project Managers to manage cost, schedule, and performance of component projects, while working to ensure the ultimate success and acceptance of the program.
- Maintain continuous alignment of program scope with strategic business objectives, and make recommendations to modify the program to enhance effectiveness toward the business result or strategic intent.
- Coach, mentor and lead personnel within a technical team environment.
- Assist management in facilitating continuous improvement to assure customers that the quality of products and services are performed through processes which comply with documented standards of an established Quality Management System.
- Provide the core functionality to manage processes for communicating, monitoring and documenting compliance activities.
- Provide Project team orientation PPQA policy and processes
- Collect information about the project schedule and plans, and establish records
- Monitor noncompliance issues and track recommended corrective actions implementation
- Perform follow-up evaluation to ensure closure and Escalate unresolved issues as necessary
- Log QA activities into the PPQA reporting tool and collect and report metrics on Process and Product Evaluations (effort expanded), Process and Product Quality (number of errors/noncompliance items) and analyze trends and Improve processes
- Monitor noncompliance issues and track recommended corrective actions implementation
- Perform re-audit to ensure closure. Escalate unresolved issues to upper management as necessary
- Discuss evaluation results with project manager. Perform re-audit/follow-up review as necessary
- Prepare Evaluation Summary Report (from template). Distribute report to appropriate stakeholders
- In corporate evaluation results in other project status information for senior management visibility
- Manage corrective actions to closure, document and maintain QA process documents, store and maintain QA records under configuration and change management control.
Sr.PM Manager and SQA/SCM Specialist
- Responsible for identifying, tracking, managing, and resolving project issues.
- Proactively disseminates project information to all stakeholders.
- Identify, manage and mitigate project risk and ensures solution is of acceptable quality.
- Proactively manage scope of project to ensure project adheres to baseline requirements unless changes are approved through scope management.
- Define and collect metrics to for determining quality and for progress reporting purposes.
- Manage overall schedule to ensure work is assigned and completed on time and within budget.
- Also responsible for Version Management, Release Management, SDLC Management, Change Management, Problem Management; supports Cycle Configuration Control Board (L-CCB) and the Operational Configuration Control Board (O-CCB).
- Used and interpreted ISO, CMMI, and ITIL requirements. Used the ITIL framework for Incident Management, Change Management, Release Management, Problem Management, and Configuration Management.
Director and Sr. Operating Executive
Confidential, Falls Church, VA
- Determine Process Improvement Opportunities: My focus was to plan and implement the organizational PI based on a thorough understanding of the current strengths, weaknesses, and improvement opportunities for the TMIP-J’s processes are identified periodically and as needed. My main task is to define:
- Develop, direct, and/or evaluate programs and project operations.
- Participate in establishing direction, goals, and policies. Meet with agency managers and directors to determine needs and challenges.
- Develop budgets including fund allocation, revenue collection, budget projection, expenditures, etc.
- Develop and/or interpret fiscal statements and reports.
- Review fiscal operations to ensure integrity, accuracy and control of data.
- Interpret, clarify, explain and apply agency policy and procedures, business practice, federal or state laws and regulations, etc.
- Develop or modify rules, policies, or standards, etc.
- Analyze, summarize and/or review data; reports findings, interpret results and/or make recommendations.
- Monitor agency contract services; implement controls and standards to monitor the processing and review of contracts.
- Supervise subordinate personnel including: hiring, determining workload and delegating assignments, training, monitoring and evaluating performance, and initiating corrective or disciplinary actions. control or direct the operation of a program or function determine how money will be spent to get the work done, and accounting for these expenditures weigh the relative costs and benefits of a potential action make a decision or solve a problem by using logic to identify key facts, explore alternatives, and propose quality solutions use logic to analyze or identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts associated with information or data to draw conclusions speak clearly, concisely and effectively; listen to, and understand, information and ideas as presented verbally communicate information and ideas clearly, and concisely, in writing; read and understand information presented in writing exercise authority or influence supervise others by assigning/directing work; conducting employee evaluations, staff training and development, taking appropriate disciplinary/corrective actions, making hiring/termination recommendations, etc. conduct a methodical examination ensure compliance with contract terms, policies and procedures, etc
- Other tasks as assigned.