- Dedicated professional and enthusiastic team player with 9 plus years of experience as a Project Manager, Lead Business Analyst in - depth knowledge about business process.
- Exceptional analysis skills with an ability to transform the needs of business users and stakeholders into functional requirements.
- Experience in Financial Systems Analysis within a fast moving global project environment.
- Proficient in creating and renovating Business Requirement Documents (BRD), Functional Specification Documents (FSD), and converting business requirement into Software Requirement Specifications (SRS) using MS Word and Rational Requisite Pro.
- Expertise in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including Waterfall, Agile (Scrum), and RUP methodology.
- Good knowledge about Investment banking, Asset Management, different mortgage instruments like Mortgage backed securities, CMOs, CDOs including the tranche structuring and credit enhancement processes to manage prepayment and credit risk.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills in designing, developing, and implementing business innovative business processes using new approaches and technology.
- Experienced in GAP Analysis, Cost Benefit Analysis, organizing, facilitating and coordinating many Joint Application developments (JAD), Joint Requirement Planning sessions (JRP),and Rapid Application Development(RAD) sessions, weekly meetings, conference calls and other regular project meetings.
- Worked closely with stakeholders and SMEs to fulfill the project goals and objectives as well as able to manage multiple initiatives, projects and deadlines on time.
- Experience working with Effective Enterprise Data Management (EDM).
- Goal-oriented professional with excellent interpersonal skills with verbal and written communication, presentation skills and flexibility in adapting wide range of work environments by inculcating new relevant skills with ease in a time sensitive frame.
- Experienced in creating Data Flow Diagrams (DFD), Use Cases, Class Diagram, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagram, and UML modeling methodology using tools such as Rational Rose and MS Visio.
- Developed test scenarios and implemented test plans for system testing and user acceptance testing (UAT) Developing, maintaining test plans, detailed test cases, executing tests cases, validating test results, and logging defects, and tracking defects.
- Involved closely with the Developer and Testing team during defect resolution phase.
- Familiar with ERP Systems and Business Intelligence Reporting.
- Proficient in requirements gathering, business systems study, solution design, training, and system document preparation. Provide clear and effective hands-on training to ensure end user knowledge and skill in working with new systems.
- Fast learner able to learn new software solutions, business processes and design techniques quickly and efficiently.
- A team player with excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation skills, able to work in stressful environment, cope-up with rapidly changing priorities and a continual backlog of work.
Business Skills: Business Definition Requirements, Business Process Analysis, GAP analysis, Use Case Modeling & Analysis, Use Cases
Business Modeling Tools: MS Visio, MS Project, Rational Rose, Requisite Pro.
BA Tools: Rational Requisite Pro, Microsoft Office Suite (Visio, MS Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Access
Database: MS Access, Oracle 9i, 10g, SQL Server.
ERP: Oracle Applications, Lawson M3 & S3, Sage Accpac
Reporting Tools: Tableau, Crystal Reports, Webi, Business Intelligence, Business Objects
Languages / Web Technologies : SQL,PL/SQL,HTML, Java Script, VB Script, DHTML, XML, C,C++,
Mythologies: Agile/Scrum, RUP, Waterfall.
Environment: Windows 2012/2008/2000/ XP/NT/Vista/7.
Confidential, Relaghi, NC
- Conducted analysis studies that serve as input to the strategic planning, goal setting, and approach to achieving the goals.
- Involved in Data Conversions/Migration and designed function specific document of data for Customer, Suppliers, Assets from Legacy System to Oracle.
- Experience in maintaining documentation. which includes Business Functional Requirement analysis, Understanding AS-IS & TO-BE process, Gap analysis and providing solution design and building RICE components as a part of fit gap analysis, System configuration and testing Oracle Applications (BP 80,RD20, BR30, BR 100, BR 150, MD 50, CV 40 &TE 40).
- Worked on price list for items and formulas to calculate price in advanced pricing.
- Involved in gap analysis workshops to facilitate the proper requirements strategy and defined existing business process (BPM-Business Process Modeling) and identified the gap (Gap Analysis) between the existing and improved business process.
- Worked closely with Business Users to gather requirements in Requisite Pro for streamlining the Claims Processing System. Prepared business requirements documents (BRD) and converted it to functional requirements (FRD).
- Involved in record data mapping and data modeling with technical teams.
- Provided an outstanding platform for data exchange between client and vendors.
- Explained the solution model, analyzed functional requirements, prepared Use cases, defined user profiles, defined supplementary requirements, defined assumptions and prepared traceability matrix and validated requirements.
- Conducted Joint application development (JAD) sessions by convening project sponsors, end-user representatives, SME’s. Also, used Brain storming, Document analysis, and user task analysis for various reporting types
- Interacted with the SMEs and stakeholders to get a better understanding of client business processes and gather business requirements.
- Prepared and maintained Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) in Rational Requisite Pro.
- Assisted in locking bugs, in order to meet specific requirements and deadlines for successful execution of the project.
- Created use cases, process flow models, data flow diagrams and logical flow diagrams using UML for various integrations.
- Prepared diagrams using Rational Rose and developed test plans, test cases to analyze and match results.
- Gathered requirements from the end-users and acted as a liaison between the end-users and the development team and QA team.
- Created UAT test strategies, including regression and integration testing, wrote test scripts, end-to-end testing scenarios and test plans, managed testing, defect reporting and change requests.
- Assisted Quality Assurance (QA) Analysts in creation of various tests by using Quality center, developing, maintaining test plans, detailed test cases, executing tests cases, validating test results, logging defects, tracking defects and also used automated testing with experience in using Quick Test Pro.
- Followed the Agile methodology during the entire SDLC.
- Assured that all artifacts are in compliance with corporate SDLC policies and guidelines.
Environment: Visual Basic, Oracle R12, Salesforce, MS-Project, MS-Visio Windows 2000 Server, Windows 2000, Rational Tools, HP Quality Center, Dot Net Framework, Java.
Lead Business Analyst
- Conducted requirement gathering sessions and requirements hand-off/review sessions with business stakeholders and technical development team .
- Involved in E-Commerce requirement gathering sessions . Worked with development team to develop new website with enhanced features.
- Published functional designs for reports, interfaces, configuration changes, enhancements, extensions and customizations for components needed to satisfy the overall business requirements.
- Ensured that project requirements are gathered, documented, approved and managed .
- Responsible for high-level design, user stories and/or uses cases .
- Used ERP application systems to track business resources and facilitate information flow between all business functions, and manages connections to outside stakeholders.
- Knowledge on business processes and translated to system requirements .
- Assisted with system tests to ensure that requirements are met in the solution.
- Worked closely and foster good working relationships within the business.
- Performed feasibility analysis . And developing As-Is and To-Be process flows.
- Non-functional requirements gathering and documentation.
- Demonstrated creativity and flexibility to meet the unique needs of each project.
- Reviewed Use Cases and wrote requirements, test scenarios and test cases with traceability to ensure the quality of an Extended Service Business project.
- Prioritized software defects according to system criticality and followed-up through resolution.
- Provided project release direction and support including research, analysis, review, development, and implementation and monitoring of new or revised systems.
- Created documents, test plans, test cases and data exception error checks .
- Acted as the primary interface with the programmers and the business customer to perform User Acceptance Testing (UAT) of Oracle Applications Financials.
- Conducted feasibility studies of applications and systems .
- Assisted development and production teams by determining application design flows, thereby optimizing SDLC.
- Created Business Requirement Specifications technical documentation to support user requirements.
- Developed program specifications for junior business analyst.
- Acted as a liaison between the user community and the IS department to gather information to create Business Requirements and other technical documentation.
Environment: MS Visio, SQL, Web UI, Java, Windows 2000/2003, MS Project, MS Word, MS Excel, Oracle Applications R12, Rational Requisite Pro, ALM, Tableau 8x, Rational Rose, and RUP, Share Point, Quality Center.
Lead Business Analyst
- Gathered Business Requirements from the Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and documented the requirements in the BRD. Utilized data flow diagrams, use case diagrams and process flow diagrams to represent information provided by the Business Owners. Also, worked towards getting sign offs from process owners.
- Mapped process flows ; assess as-is a process through user interviews, data collection and analysis, design and evaluation of to-be process solutions.
- Assisted the QA team in designing the Test Plan and Test Cases for User Acceptance testing.
- Designed and developed Use Cases using UML and Business Process Modelling.
- Documented Business Requirement Documents by interacting with Businesses and various stakeholders.
- Performed Data mapping, logical data modelling, created class diagrams and used SQL queries to filter data .
- Reviewed, analyzed, and evaluated business systems for end user needs, including documenting requirements and creating process workflows.
- Coordinated with business owners and states departments to determine project requirements.
- Responsible for leading JAD sessions with Subject Matter Expert, stakeholders, project manager, developers, and end-users to identify requirements.
- Created FRS and system requirement documents, along with diagrams (ERD).
- Identified gaps between features when data was being mapped from old system to new system, analyzed issues and provided solutions.
- Gathered requirements and created, executed and documented Test Cases as per requirements in Quality Centre.
- Reviewed and implemented Test Plans and Test Cases based on user requirements and functional requirement specifications .
- Played a key role in project planning activities, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), and implementation of the system enhancements and conversions.
- Used MS Excel to build the Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM's) .
- Wrote and managed all of the business and functional requirements of the new applications, as well as added features for the older application, in Rational RequisitePro .
- Analyzed functional requirements segregated them into use case specifications and created use case diagrams using MS Visio, according to UML methodology .
- Used HP Quality Centre / ALM 11.0.0 to create and execute test scripts for UAT.
- Trained team on functionality testing for SSPT.
- Created test scripts from test cases using Quality Centre to facilitate the thorough testing of the application. Created test execution reports using Quality Centre.
- Worked on Quality Centre for bug status tracking and maintained and created status reports for the application. Involved in weekly defect review meetings to review the status of defect fixes and upcoming build releases.
Environment: C#.Net, VB.Net, MS SQL Server, Tableau, Microsoft Office InfoPath, SharePoint Designer 2013, Business Connectivity Services, SharePoint BI Capabilities, SAP Integration with SharePoint.