- Versatile and results focused project management and governance professional experienced in the successful operation of PMOs, project governance, financial analysis, implementation of project management tools, methodology development and training.
- Demonstrated ability to assess current operations, to identify gaps, and implement improvements to achieve optimum results.
- Technical experience includes fourteen years of project/program management with varying job responsibilities such as Project Manager, Functional Lead, Program Administrator, and Project Analyst.
- Exceptional knowledge of various project management frameworks and methodologies such as PMI, CMMI, Six Sigma, CoBIT, and ITIL.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills demonstrated by the ability to develop and maintain relationships across all organization levels. Experience working in global environments with multiple cultures and ethnicities
- PMO Setup
- Project Portfolio Governance
- Budgeting and Forecasting
- Demand Planning
- Change Control Management
- Issue and Risk Management
- User Acceptance Testing and Validation Coordination
- Training and Development
- CA Clarity
- MS Project
- MS SharePoint
- HP Quality Center
- NSQL and SQL
- Crystal Reports
- Open Workbench
- Oracle Project Financials
- Artemis Views
- Software Development Life Cycle
- Waterfall Methodology
- Process Improvement
- Workflow Design
- Systems Analysis
- PPM Tool Customization
- Report, Portlet and Dashboard Development
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Provide financial oversight of a $98.5M portfolio of projects across the Portal & eCommerce portfolio which consists of 13 programs and 83 projects. Reporting includes Direct Expense Burn Rate Report, Weekly Resource Burn Rate Report, Forecast vs. Actual Comparison Report, Project Scorecards, Executive Reporting Package and ad - hoc analyses.
- Facilitation of weekly Scheduling Request Review meeting to discuss project additions to slate of releases subsequent to the roadmap process. Meeting participants include senior-level management from Product Management, Product Development, Channel Technology, Independent Verification & Validation, Technical Infrastructure, Service and Fulfillment and Strategic Project Delivery departments. Automated scheduling request communications via MS SharePoint.
- Facilitation of change control discussions to determine impacts, funding, and resource capacity. Provide tracking of funding related to all approved change controls.
- Facilitation of meeting with resource managers from technology partners to resolve resource allocation issues identified by project managers.
- Facilitation of weekly meeting with change managers to document project dependencies. Documentation of dependency included dependent project, dependency, owner, status, risk and mitigation plans.
- Coordination of business validation efforts for all projects included in a given release. Pre-work includes defect prioritization, identification of defects to be remediated in a current release and deferral candidates; assessment of defects to determine client and associate impacts and to identify communication and training needs.
- Worked with PMO Quality Assurance and project management resources in the resolution of project non-compliance to quality standards identified during quality audit.
- Analyzed direct expenses for projects and recovered $.5M for Portal & eCommerce project funding resulting from improper allocation of expense to project cost centers.
- Defined and implemented the change control process for the Portfolio & eCommerce projects with the objective being to streamline the process, provide proper tracking and visibility to senior management, and insure all impacted areas are involved in the change control disposition.
- Coordinated resource allocation and billing discussions between project managers and resource managers to resolve resource issues and provide for the efficient use of time for the meeting participants.
- Automated the scheduling request process, leveraging MS SharePoint, to provide status/disposition of the requests, vote collection, and visibility to our business and technology partners.
Consultant, Clarity Functional Project Manager
- Development of custom reporting, portlets, and dashboards to include project status, project and program details, issues, risk, budget and expenses, resource utilization, earned value metrics and demand management.
- Customization of CA Clarity to include the establishment of system security, resource and role definition, and the creation of custom objects.
- Configuration of the Demand Management module to include sizing elements and calculated rates to be used in the categorization of ideas for the purpose of prioritizing investment opportunities.
- Developed custom training program and conducted training classes for the Project Management and Demand Management modules of CA Clarity.
Confidential, Glen Ellyn, IL
Consultant, Project Manager
- Developed revised project budget and supporting documentation, as a result of scope change, for presentation to PPM Steering Committee, Business Relationship Manager, Super Process Manager, ITG Lead, and Business Leads for their review and approval.
- Facilitated project team meetings and senior management meetings to review project status, issues, and risks.
- Monitored and tracked resource time and allocations, forecasted vs. actual project expenses, project risks, issues, and action items.
- Provided updates to Fulfillment Planning on resource utilization as required. Prepared project status reports for team and senior management, highlighting achievements, risks, and issues.
- At the completion of each project phase, prepared and presented project reports to Quality Review Board, demonstrating project adherence to quality assurance requirements. Interacted with various departments across organization to determine their involvement in project and to ensure project satisfied their requirements; departments included risk, security, training, database management, and architecture.
- Maintained project documentation repository in Lotus Notes for project team use and a required repository in EDART for ITG oversight.
- Developed and maintained program artifacts to include project charter, risk assessment, risk management plan, issues log, risk log, and change control log. All project artifacts stored on MS SharePoint.
- Consolidated workgroup status information into presentation materials to communicate overall program status to senior management.
- Tracked the status of major playbook tasks from various workgroups and escalated issues for resolution during mock-conversion and conversion weeks.
- Established the PMO Client Service operation to provide administrative and technical support to project management staff to include project, resource, and budget setup. The responsibilities of this group were later expanded to include Tier 1 and Tier 2 support for PPM tools.
- Managed the deployment and maintenance of the Clarity r7.51 tool used to support project management processes, methodologies, and best practices across the IT Services Company.
- Matured the project management methodology to adhere to CMMI level 2 and 3 for both the project management and requirements management process areas.
- Developed, maintained and advanced the adoption of project management processes, methodologies, and software tools through the development of formal and informal training of staff.
- Collaborated with internal IT subject matter experts to facilitate upgrades/enhancements and defect/problem resolution for PPM software tools.
- Conducted technical due diligence activities to identify areas of improvement to better leverage functionality within existing toolsets or recommended replacement tools.