- Acted as Senior Project Manager for developing new General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Wire Exchange and AML systems.
- Managed and coordinated projects to meet corporate objectives within required time frames, financial restrictions, staffing requirements and available resources.
- Structured multiple and concurrent projects including new application deployment, software and hardware upgrades, data integrity, and e - commerce initiatives. Used Microsoft Project to assist in Project Planning.
- Worked closely with vendors and department heads to develop new project proposals including budget considerations, risk considerations, resource requirements, time lines and deliverables.
- Responsible for providing project progress reports for upper management & stake holders, used Microsoft Project to track the progress and process the reports.
- Responsible for project problem resolution to ensure timely completion of initiatives.
- Organized and Managed the development and building of the Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN), including routers, hubs, servers and workstations using TCP/IP protocol.
- Lead an IT staff of up to ten professionals charged with the implementation of new IT initiatives as well as the maintenance of ongoing functionality for 400+ users across 18 geographic locations.
- Lead a team of 6-8 software and network engineers, in the development and rollout of a company-wide Call Center for both internal and external clients.
- Oversee network infrastructure (circuit monitoring, configurations, and IOS updates) to ensure optimal performance for mission-critical systems.
- Actively participated on the Strategic Technology Committee, which conceptualized and initiated IT projects across the business’ departments of marketing, operations, finance, human resources, compliance, customer relationship management and the executive group.
- Devised and implemented policies and procedures for data integrity, data access, procurement, and internal communications. Established standards and procedures for project reporting and documentation.
- Implemented Computer Output to Laser Disc system for document archival and retrieval, which increased employee productivity through a drastic reduction in research time.
- Lead staff meetings. Mentored staff and conducted performance evaluations.
- Researched options and planed training for technical and management skills to ensure needed competences within the IT department.
- Allotted resources and assigned responsibilities and scope of authority to project personnel. Realigned job responsibilities to streamline workflow.
- Spearheaded data backup and recovery initiatives through the assignment of test-case recovery tasks to selected staff. Helped ensure successful disaster recovery outcomes by playing a pivotal role in the decision to outsource core applications.
- Developed company’s Information Security Standards and IT Risk Assessment
- Managed a $1M departmental budget for technology expenditures, training, and payroll.
- Researched and purchased best-of-breed software. Approved all technology purchases company-wide.
- Coordinated the creation of the organization’s first website and intranet.
- Implemented internal controls for Sarbanes Oxley Section 404 compliance. Conducted vendor due diligence including SAS 70 reviews.
- Rolled out updated, high-performance, anti-virus technology throughout all servers and workstations.
- Instituted procedures for maintaining an accurate inventory of equipment.
- Supported security operation by coordinating the upgrade of surveillance technology.
- Managed the implementation of enterprise-wide Microsoft Exchange 2003 E-mail system.