- Delivering projects on time, on schedule, and within budget.
- Developing and deploying “Agile” Methodologies (included but not limited to Scrum), resulting in higher productivity, adaptability, transparency, team cooperation and satisfaction.
- Leading the planning and implementation of several projects.
- Gathering and documenting business objectives/requirements.
- Defining Project Scopes, goals and deliverables (Project Charter.)
- Writing functional and technical specifications. (BRDs, WBSs)
- Identification and management of task prioritization (sequencing/dependencies).
- Planning and Scheduling project timelines.
- Managing project progress (risks and issues), developing and distributing progress and status reports, leading testing activities (unit, system, UAT, Regression), facilitating project/team meetings, conducting project reviews, recommending corrective and preventive actions.
- Optimizing system performance, providing information and technical advice to key stakeholders (team, senior management and external clients).
- Overseeing the implementation and deployment strategies for Enterprise Data Integration, Data Virtualization, Data Federation and Data Abstraction initiatives.
- C++, Boost, STL, C#/.Net, JAVA/J2EE, JSP/Servlets, STRUTS, MVC Architecture, COBOL, EGL, CSF - Customer Statement Formatter.
- DB2, CICS/VS, CSP/DB2, SQLServer, Sybase, IMS/DB/DC, QMF, Composite Information Server (CIS).
- WAS 6.0, J2EE, Windows XP/NT, IBM mainframe, Unix.
- Lead User Acceptance Testing procedures.
- Supervised team to identify risks and develop test scenarios.
- Developed and managed the issue/defect tracking procedures.
- Distributed progress and status reports. Ensured that all PAS requirements were met by Envestnet.
- Worked with Envestnet and NFS to resolve issues and develop enhancements.
- Collaborated on the development of PAS cross functional workflows. Identified new roles and responsibilities.
- Coordinated the efforts to facilitate the internal training (WebEx hosting, recording and distribution).
- Developed the Conversion plan, cut over plan to/from legacy applications.
- Managed several implementation tasks: data conversion, configuration, entitlements setup, interface and decommission.
- Lead the effort and deployed the event processing framework that was used to implement an automation application for over 240 banks, reducing the workload from 245 jobs to 1. The enhanced procedures resulted in operation and IT efficiencies in cost and quality of about 14% (from about 1750 to 1500 jobs daily.)
- Provided vision, leadership and management to 8 - member application development team.
- Organized and facilitated project planning, release, daily stand-ups meetings, reviews, retrospectives and release planning sessions. Interacted with product owners, technical leaders to ensure accurate requirements fulfillment and owner satisfaction.
- Developed the design, Proof of Concept and overall architecture for a workflow processing solution, which was later adopted as an Event Processing framework. Managed the development of a rule base system that resulted in standardization of several system components, which resulted in improved bank implementation time to market.
- Lead the effort to design a rule-base data integration Hub between the Mainframe legacy OnBSO and the distributed (C#/.Net) environments, which included file transformation, process scheduling and loading.
- Lead the team to the development of program specifications for sweep file transformations and tier update procedures for all On-Balance-Sheet (OnBSO) and Demand Deposit Marketplace (DDM) banks.
- Developed, executed, controlled and implemented the overall Composite Information Server (CIS) Infrastructure and deployment strategy. CIS is a Data Virtualization, Data Federation Data Warehouse middleware. CIS is not an ETL (Extract Transform and Load) framework. CIS is a logical virtualized data layer available for consumption by the enterprise.
- Identified and managed enterprise environmental factors: security, change management and administration requirements. Performed hardware and software requirement analysis.
- Worked with vendor to resolve problems and enhancements.
- Collaborated on the development of several functions for the Billing Rewrite Project Phase I (BIL). BIL allows for ease creation and modification of new and existing products. The system consists of: New Accounts Initial Setup, Asset Captures, Eligibility, Mutual Fund Exclusions, Relationships, Terminations, Account Conversions, Online Reports and Sleeve Level Allocation. BIL is a distributed Web based application with a JAVA front end and Mainframe Cobol/Db2V8/StoreProcs.
- Involved in the analysis, maintenance and enhancement of several aspects of the Managed Account Billing, MAB System. MAB was developed on the Mainframe CICS/DB2/Cobol platform. MAB will be replaced by BIL.
- Coordinated the efforts to integrate the Fund Investment Application for Alternative Investments System with the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW). FIA/AI covers a broad range of strategies and structures that fall outside the boundaries of traditional asset categories. They include hedge funds, managed futures, private equity and real estate. FIA/AI is a distributed Web based system with a JAVA front end and Mainframe Cobol DB2V8 Stored Procedures. EDW warehouse sources the majority of its information from DB2 operational database unloads with transformation occurring primarily in COBOL mainframe programs. Oracle load scripts process about 120 million records nightly into the warehouse. "Business Intelligence" application is an implementation of Actuate Portal version 6. Collaborated on the analysis and development of enhancements to the Portfolio Management Information System (PMIS) related to Mutual Funds and Syndicate exclusions.
- The applications were developed in JAVA/J2EE with COBOL/DB2 Stored Procedures.