- Experienced Project Manager, Business Consultant, and Trainer
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- IT certifications: MCP Windows Server, MCTS SharePoint Services (WSS), MCTS SharePoint Server (MOSS), Security +, ITIL Foundations V3, AGILE Scrum Master
- M.A. Industrial/Organizational Psychology
- DAWIA Level III and CPCM Certifications in Federal Contracts Management
- DAWIA Level III certified in Program Business and Financial Management
- Trained ISO Auditor
- Trained and experienced Baldrige Examiner
- 6 - Sigma Specialist
- Florida Certified Contracts Manager (FCCM)
- While closing out four “Race to the Top” (RTTT) Projects was asked to take over as Project Manager for the troubled BEC Conversion Project, a 3 year effort funded at $7 million.
- Immediately began to address Project issues by reconstituting the Project Team, establishing standardized processes, changed project direction from internal development to a COTS solution, and stabilized the Legacy System through infrastructure upgrades and value added application upgrades.
- Received a 98/100 on the Agency for State Technology (AST) Project Audit with no corrective actions required on Project documentation submitted.
- Assigned four RTTT USDOE grant funded projects with a value of over $4 million supporting the Assessment, Research, and Measurement (ARM) Division. Restarted two of the four that had been on hold. Managed two large Vendor Contracts and one Grant.
- Within first 90 days, documented the data collection, processing, validation, and management processes for the Value Added Model (VAM) being used for assessing teachers and schools. This 273 page document included VISIO process flows, detailed process and model descriptions, validation and verification processes, and a Data Dictionary. This document will be used as a baseline from which to formally establish the process and improve it going forward.
- Coordinated the creation of a new storage drive to house all VAM data and established folder structure and folder/file naming conventions with the VAM Team. Set up the folder structure, coordinated access rights and privileges, and opened drive for data migration.
- Drafted, submitted, and walked through a Grant for approval thereby restarting a Project that had been on Hold for a year. Placed approved grant with the University of West Florida to study models and methodologies to measure student growth in "Performance-Based" courses (Health & Physical Education, Music, and Art). Kicked off Project Dec 13th 2013.
- Worked with IT to establish a secure process for annual Migration, active storage, and archiving of VAM data into FLDOE's Education Data Warehouse. assigned as the Roster Verification Coordinator with management oversight over the Roster Verification Tool (RVT) used by all Florida School Districts and Schools to maintain accurate teacher rosters used for computing student growth scores selected as a member of the FLDOE Educator Quality review board, providing ongoing management support and advice to the Deputy Chancellor of Educator Quality
- Acted as Facilitator and Trainer during a Strategic Planning session for the Educator Quality Branch using Operational Performance Management tools to identify Vision, Goals, Key processes, Critical Success Factors, and Key Performance Indicators to help focus on and improve performance during the current school year.
- Migration of 8000+ client machines from XP to Win7
- Migration from IE8 to IE9
- Replacement of Radia software distribution system to Microsoft SCCM
- Rationalization of over 1200+ applications in inventory to include retirement, replacement, and remediation to prepare for Migration
- Took over Project at end of Planning Stage when previous PM quit
- Assigned additional duties overseeing and planning other CC&P Projects including Lotus Notes to Outlook Migration, SharePoint Documents Management, and Lotus Notes Migration
- Caught up on all Project Documentation within a month and reformed Project Team
- Established new Change Management Program for Program Office and trained new Change Manager
- Established planning foundations for ECM and Content Migration projects.
- Established a renewed focus on Governance from both a technical delivery standpoint as well as SharePoint management
- Drove a review of Disaster Recovery process which uncovered significant risk areas, insisted on formal documentation, and pushed for documented annual testing.
- Added Business Analysts to staff to redraft User Stories and Use Cases as the original requirements were inadequate to develop QA Test cases from.
- Managing a 1.1 million Fixed Price Vendor delivery Contract
- Project includes Mobile capability (Mobile Entrée) and enhanced Social Media capability (NewsGator).
- Project also includes significant Content Migration from former EPIC Portal, selected Lotus Notes Content, and select File Share Content.