- In depth systems analysis and project management experience in finance, accounting and compliance.
- Extensive knowledge about the anti money laundering laws, procedures and practices.
- 15 years of managing software development life cycle (SDLC) within financial services industry for various premier Wall Street, hedge fund, and investment banking firms.
- Strong technical background utilizing Actimize products and platforms to support key Corporate Compliance initiatives and maintain large - scale, highly sensitive data sets.
- Scope planning, schedule development, budget and cost control.
- Proven ability to manage and motivate project teams and earn respect at all levels in an organization from financial associates, to technical staff, and to executives alike.
- Successful in managing enterprise software development life cycle projects utilizing agile methodologies, framework (i.e. Lean, Scrum, Kanban) and collaboration tools such as IBM Rational Team Center (RTC) and MS Project.
- Excellent vendor contract and negotiation skills both prior and during project execution.
- Goal-oriented with strong leadership capabilities.
- Ability to mentor other team-members and business leaders achieve their goals by ensuring projects are aligned with the strategic needs of the business and by supporting everyone’s objectives.
- Organized and highly motivated problem solver.
- Effective and confident trainer to both internal and external business audiences.
SOFTWARE: Great Plains, Solomon, Macola, PeopleSoft, Lawson, GEAC SQL Financials, Vertex MS SQL Server, Oracle, Oracle database navigation tools (i.e. SQL Navigator, Toad), Brio, Informatica, Crystal Reports, FRx, MS Project, Visio, IBM Rational Team Center (RTC), NICE Actimize Case Manager (RCM), IBM Portfolio/Project Management (PPM)
Sr. Systems Analyst/Project Manager
Confidential, Westlake, Texas
- Understanding of AML data sets, policies and procedures in creating effective surveillance models (NICE Actimize).
- Experience implementing large-scale customer/employee profiling investigations models with Actimize Intelligence Server (AIS) and Actimize Case Manager (ACM) utilizing Actimize analytics engines as well as Forms, Workflow, XLS, Dashboards and Dart.
- Worked with stakeholders and Project Sponsor to ensure project scope definition meets business objectives and stays aligned with the business case.
- Drove adherence to project processes, procedures, methods, and standards for project delivery and leverage across the project
- Responsible for timely communication of status updates, new issues and risks identification to all stakeholders.
- Identified risks which impact project delivery and ensure mitigation strategies are developed and executed when necessary
- Directed project scoping and plan development, including iteration planning and estimation exercises (backlog grooming) according to the firm’s Agile development methodologies.
- Effectively managed virtual Agile teams using video conferencing and IBM Rational Team Center (RTC).
Senior Systems Analyst
Confidential, New Braunfels, Texas
- Adhered to established Agile development methodology, standards, procedures and systems
- Worked with business users to document processes, gather requirements, and conduct user interviews and process reviews
- Worked with IT Staff, consultants and end users to define project specifications that meet business requirements supportive of Confidential ’s key strategic goals.
- Provided maintenance support on current third party and custom applications
- Assisted business and IT support team with troubleshooting resolutions for escalated support items
- Provided guidance and training to less experienced application support staff
- Provide end-user support whenever required and trouble-shoot software/application issues as they arise
- Administered key training efforts for corporate personnel in need of Finance/Tax software application training through demonstrations, training classes and one-on-one sessions.
- Supported Corporate Tax team and Vertex Enterprise application to ensure accurate taxation compliance in both Sales/Use tax as well as income tax efforts.
Senior Systems Analyst
Confidential, New Braunfels, Texas
- ERP/Accounting system selection.
- Conducted and directed needs analysis and process improvement efforts with clients to help in Managed Accounting staff in Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll and general sales & use tax functions, policies and procedures.
- Assisted Accounting Staff in scrubbing current data and chart-of-accounts to help optimize current Accounting ERP/Accounting systems.
- Experienced with various Microsoft customization tools available to provide straight through data process whether it be order entry or web-based data.
- Experience administering multiple payrolls as well as assisting payroll staff for comparing complex payroll cycles.
- Familiar with banking reconciliations including the intricacies of FICA payroll adjustments and their ramifications on payroll reconciliations.
- Provided reporting expertise via FRx software, SQL Server Reporting Services, and other Oracle based reporting tools to aid the ever growing corporate reporting needs.
- Well versed in installing controls within the Accounts Payable group regarding 1099 Vendor Payable items to reduce year end 1099 errors before they happen.
- Trained accounting/finance staff on system functionality (including 3rd party apps/modifications) in order to help reduce day-to-day errors and increase system ROI for senior finance team.
ERP Systems Consultant
- Heavy emphasis on business process re-engineering and aligning ERP applications & integrated business systems to maximize ROI/operational efficiency.
- Additional emphasis on managing overall financial system portfolio from a strategic point in order to help create the three year financial systems product roadmap including our payments product integration points.
- Provide client support on accounting systems selection as well as requirements gathering and documentation for selection/RFP process
- Manage strategic initiatives to ensure the successful implementation of accounting software and other related third-party products.
- Provide reporting expertise via FRx software for setup of financial reporting post implementation.
- Help design databases within Microsoft environment for integration into back-office accounting environments.
- Provide ERP system training (including 3rd party apps/modifications) to a variety of different clients.