- Success - driven Information Technology Executive with a solid track record of driving increased levels in productivity, profits and internal/external customer satisfaction.
- Over 20 years in leadership roles at Confidential with a consistent record of exceeding goals.
- A hands-on leader and business executive who excels in delivering technical solutions with a measurable ROI.
- Well-balanced executive able to create a realistic vision for the future with a genuine interest in customer satisfaction.
- Skilled in translating business goals and objectives into technically advanced strategies and solutions through strong business acumen and deep knowledge of voice and data networking, new product introduction, high-level consulting, and WAN/LAN operations.
- Proven Leadership Ability.
- Optimistic leader with an entrepreneurial can-do attitude, but with firmly planted pragmatism. Well-rounded management style that creates common vision and forges positive relationships. Possess a seasoned, mature management style, which provides credibility and confidence to the organization.
- Change Agent and Able Strategist.
- Exceptional ability to resolve complex business challenges and attain peak levels of performance. Intellectually aggressive, with a track record of identifying core business issues, and setting strategic direction based upon technical competencies of the organization and opportunities.
AREAS OF STRENGTH:
- Infrastructure Design & Management ~ Technology Support ~ Process Re - Engineering
- Service Oriented Architecture ~ Staff Training & Leadership ~ Contract Management ~ Network Engineering
- ITIL ~ Relationship Development ~ Security Operations Management ~ Lifecycle Project Management
- Systems Engineering Management ~ Data Center Management ~ Service Delivery Management
Confidential, Falls Church, VA
- Support Collaboration by developing MTR project forums that evaluate issues openly and work as a team to develop solutions
- Support Client Relationship Management by viewing IRS client relationships as long term partnerships that demonstrate IRS counterpart interests are at the heart of project strategy and decision making
- Support Pro-active by engaging IRS clients to address their evolving needs regarding new solutions and service opportunities
- Create and submit summary and detail plans per delivery dates. Ensure project plans aligns to Statement of Work and Cost Estimate
- Create & submit project spend plans on a weekly basis based on project plan and burn report data.
- Interface with Infrastructure Project Leads to generate integrated IRS/PRIME Project Schedule.
Senior Operations Manager
- Designed and delivered a new service oriented orientation organization, providing high-level support of Confidential ’s IT enterprise supporting airports for CONUS and overseas locations.
- Directed the migration of enterprise operations to Confidential, which resulted in successfully meeting a 65-day transition go-live data.
- Spearheaded the development of new processes and procedures for network administration, server administration, and security operations.
Service Delivery Manager
- Performed staff training, performance appraisals, and delegation. Assisted proposal teams in securing contracts with MDOT, Network Maryland re-complete, and the Maryland Inter-Operability contract.
- Improved operational efficiency in service desk response and incident closure through the introduction of ITIL service oriented best practices.
- Efforts included the implementation of Daily Status Review, System Restoration Team, and Root Cause Analysis.
- Led business development efforts through client presentations for support of Maryland State integration of VoIP through the use of network convergence technologies.
- Established and managed the WAN Gigabit Ethernet Backbone upgrade and the Maryland Vehicle Association router and switch upgrade.
- Charged with the design, implementation, and operations of a statewide WAN backbone through the use of fiber optic cable and microwave physical layer architecture.
- Backbone provided Internet and Intranet services for various Maryland agencies statewide through the use of Cisco and Marconi components.
- Performed all billing, project scheduling, change management, labor estimates, staff leadership, and task delegation.
- Repaired client communications and relationship by relocating project manager office to the client site and building trust through a transparent collaborative working style.
- Led the deployment of the backbone infrastructure for all counties located throughout Eastern Shore and Southern Maryland.
- Recruited to lead and manage all aspects of the application design efforts for the IRS website initiative, which included the implementation of two public portals through the use of firewalls, load balancers, web servers with Web Sphere, web applications servers, and content management servers connected to UNIX and Windows through WAN links. Provide management to 12 direct reports, 80 Northrop Grumman subcontractors, and one IBM subcontractor.
- Provided support of multiple management tools and techniques, which included Catalyst Enterprise Life Cycle and Earned Value Management.
- Led the design and delivery of all systems engineering management and support for the IRS modernized infrastructure project, which changed the face of the IRS by providing web access to 100 million tax payers and practitioners.