Devoted servant - leader capable of delivering large-scale software and projects on time and on budget by effectively collaborating, facilitating, leading and coaching multiple Scrum teams. Expert at driving the adoption and enforcement of Scrum rules, removing impediments and fostering self-management. Capable of bringing overwhelming enthusiasm and awareness to projects, applying expert judgment to the removal of impediments, keeping teams focused and delivering success in rapidly evolving and dynamic environments.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Scrum Scaled Agile Framework
- Agile Project Management
- Software Development Life Cycle
- Agile Methodologies
- Relative Estimation
- Requirement Analysis
- Iteration/Sprint Planning Meetings
- Software Development
Project Management: MS Project, MS Visio, MS Office, Trello, Jira.
Agile Project Manager/ Scrum Master
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Leading and managing large, complex enterprise-level projects up to $5 Million, consisting of multiple agile teams.
- Served to define project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organize and lead project status and working meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports; manage risks and issues; correct deviation from plans; and perform delivering planning for assigned projects.
- Facilitate scrum ceremonies; grooming, sprint planning, retrospectives and daily stand-ups.
- Enact change and continuous improvement increasing the productivity of Scrum teams by 24% and the quality of deliverables by 35%
- Empowered teams to self-organize and grow cross-functionality
- Protect team from over-commitment, manage backlog, prioritize resolution of defects/bugs as evidenced by the on-time delivery of 33 major initiatives
- Met goal of addressing and resolving issues within 24 hours
- Manage the lifecycle of code development, from ideation to sprints to deployment
- Coordinate and manage code releases and shared APIs with other IT groups
- Communicate with other management, engineers, product managers and support specialists on product issues
- Track and communicate team velocity and sprint/release progress
- Mentoring and coaching 2 teams, one collocated and one distributed in their scrum adoption
Confidential, Raleigh, NC
- Functioned as a Project Manager when necessary
- Assisted team to remove impediments by having an understanding the control and release processes
- Assisted with internal and external communication, improved transparency, and radiated information
- Assisted with prioritization and resolution of software defects
- Built relationship with Product owner and other stake holders to facilitate team's interaction with them
- Coached Product Owners in creation and maintenance of Product Backlog
- Coached team members on Agile principles and providing general guidance on the methodology
- Continuously learned Agile/Scrum techniques and shared findings with the team
- Engaged with other Scrum Masters to increase the effectiveness of the application of Scrum in the organization
- Facilitated getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work
- Facilitated sprint planning, retrospective and sprint demos
- Helped team to solve problems rather than provide solutions
- Interfaced with Program Management Office to ensure project goals and requirements are being met
- Organized and facilitated project planning, daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint, release planning, demos, and other Scrum-related meetings
- Provided all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and led by example
- Removed impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment
- Took responsibility of delivery and management of the tasks
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Experience in different SDLC models such as Waterfall, Agile specifically Scrum, RUP.
- Gathered user requirements and wrote customized User Manual.
- Wrote Project Management Plan, Risk Management Plan, Functional Requirements, and Quality Assurance Plan.
- Actively manage data integrity by creating tracking documents, engaging with users’ specifications, developing strategies for mass data loading inside Apex Data Loader & CRM Fusion Demand Tools, with continuously monitoring and maintaining log files.
- Wrote automation scripts for log deletion, and log compression
- Created project schedules and dashboard
- Creating numerous artifacts for different SDLC methodologies like Business Requirements
- Gathering customer requirements
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Monitoring project risks and scope creep to identify potential problems and proactively identifying solutions to address them in advance.
- Producing stage plans, highlight reports, risk logs, requests for change.
- Providing strategic direction during the implementation stages.
- Managing client expectations by ensuring the delivery of the highest quality service
- Acting on client feedback.
- Monitoring staff & team performance.
- Engaged in creating a system that eliminated errors during quoting, enhancing the customer experience
- Conducted detailed process analysis to understand how business practices are supported by technology
- Maintained monthly publication of the CIO Dashboard to ensure visualizations are consistent with the CIO Dashboard guidelines
- Plans, executes and finalizes projects according to strict deadlines, delivering projects on time and within budget
- Responsible for providing written and verbal project communications, including weekly status, dashboards and project updates